Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Would you vote for Chris Doherty for mayor if the election were held today?
Yes 17 33.33%
No 34 66.67%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
 
1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Reputation: 432

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Know what you are talking about before you open your pie hole!
Cheryl kashuba says here that the Sterlings sold the park in 1970...

Interesting.

Unless Janet Evans either lit the match or extinguished the flames, though, I'm not understanding the point of the hijack.

 
Old 08-22-2007, 12:11 PM
 
37 posts, read 94,787 times
Reputation: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Are we speculating, or has this been proven?
unfortunately its speculation. But everyone knows who did it. However, The sterlings are too afraid to admit their own doing. ****, If i had a multi-million dollar park and went under in debt, Id highly take arson into consideration. Im not a arsonist..but that wouldnt stop me from inheriting atleast of what i paid for. but then again..in comes the government and their share. because you know they would want the loans back. and the banks..and municipal taxes.
One of these days, maybe the sterlings can come out of the rat hole and fess up. until then rockey glenn is a piece of history.
 
Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 PM
 
Location: Marshall-Shadeland, Pittsburgh, PA
32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Reputation: 19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
unfortunately its speculation. But everyone knows who did it. However, The sterlings are too afraid to admit their own doing. ****, If i had a multi-million dollar park and went under in debt, Id highly take arson into consideration. Im not a arsonist..but that wouldnt stop me from inheriting atleast of what i paid for. but then again..in comes the government and their share. because you know they would want the loans back. and the banks..and municipal taxes.
One of these days, maybe the sterlings can come out of the rat hole and fess up. until then rockey glenn is a piece of history.
Is this the same Sterling family that used to own the Hotel Sterling in Downtown Wilkes-Barre?
 
Old 08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
 
1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Reputation: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
unfortunately its speculation. But everyone knows who did it. However, The sterlings are too afraid to admit their own doing. ****, If i had a multi-million dollar park and went under in debt, Id highly take arson into consideration. Im not a arsonist..but that wouldnt stop me from inheriting atleast of what i paid for. but then again..in comes the government and their share. because you know they would want the loans back. and the banks..and municipal taxes.
One of these days, maybe the sterlings can come out of the rat hole and fess up. until then rockey glenn is a piece of history.
(bolding mine)
Ummm...no, everyone does NOT know who "did it". Enlighten us, "Officer". With facts, this time, please.

The Sterlings apparently sold the park in 1970. How would setting it on fire many years later benefit them?

Furthermore, the Sterlings appear to be long deceased. In that case, the whole issue is moot, wouldn't you say? The fact that it's merely unfounded speculation notwithstanding.

Ooh, look! Bigfoot!

Seriously, what is your point?
 
Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM
 
1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Reputation: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Is this the same Sterling family that used to own the Hotel Sterling in Downtown Wilkes-Barre?
According to Wikipedia, it's unlikely. I'm not going to go through geneology, though. Casper's whole hijack is tinfoil hat nonsense anyway. There's nothing to it.

Last edited by CHS89; 08-22-2007 at 01:33 PM..
 
Old 08-22-2007, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Sheeptown, USA
3,236 posts, read 6,661,422 times
Reputation: 907
I don't know first hand about these allegations about Rocky Glen, but a friend of mine who's lived in this area his whole life and went to Rocky Glen frequently says this is true also. He has heard the whole deal about the insurance fraud and the arson. Whether it's really true, we'll never know.
 
Old 08-22-2007, 03:40 PM
 
1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Reputation: 432
Casper came right out and said it was speculation. Hearing something second or third hand doesn't make it a fact, Ed. You know this. You should, anyway. If he wants to pass admitted speculation off as fact, he should expect to be challenged on it and prepared to defend it. If he doesn't like it, then he shouldn't have brought it up in the first place. Fair enough?
 
Old 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Drama Central
4,083 posts, read 9,101,492 times
Reputation: 1893
krishna krishna ary krishna krishna
 
Old 08-22-2007, 03:57 PM
 
1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
Reputation: 432
See, now that's at least documented. That's all I'm asking Casper for.
 
Old 08-22-2007, 04:22 PM
 
Location: Marshall-Shadeland, Pittsburgh, PA
32,620 posts, read 77,647,109 times
Reputation: 19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
krishna krishna ary krishna krishna
Cumbaya, my Lord. Cumbaya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top