Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 04:01 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,553,359 times

Advertisements

Pocono, I saw 4 mini coopers yesterday in Newton and one that was really custom designed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM

99 posts, read 271,096 times
Hybrids are a joke. there great if you don't go over 35 and let the batteries do all the work but get over 35 and the gas engine kicks in. We have a policy to not Trade in trucks now. We are just a small lot and we cannot afford to be stuck with vehicles we cannot sell.

I became a factory dealership for scooter's last year and i think they are fantastic.. As i am typing im looking into bringing another brand with different models.. They are cheap and very reliable and economic

Old 05-15-2008, 10:06 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
We were talking to our Honda salesman yesterday and he said that people are trading in their SUV's/Truck and large vechicles and they just sit on the lot. People are migrating the Civic/Hybrid and the newest "Honda Fit". With the gas prices they way they are: the fit gets 28/33MPG. I wonder now if we will see a wave the of the smaller cars.
The Fit only gets 33 mpg highway? That's not great considering how small that car is. The Toyota Corolla gets 38 mpg highway and is much more roomier than the Fit. Even my mid-sized 4-cyliner Honda Accord gets around 31 mpg highway. I don't think I'd feel safe in a car as small as the Fit, and considering there are bigger cars that get just as good or better gas mileage, the Fit is a poor choice in my opinion.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:

We are looking at the Fit to get around locally, but any highway driving, I would rather be in a SUV - mainly for safety issues.
I don't think you need an SUV for safety reasons, but you may want to look at just buying one vehicle and looking at a Civic, Corolla, Accord, or Camry, which are all good on gas and safe.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:06 AM

99 posts, read 271,096 times
even the small v 8's and decent sized v6's get great gas mileage too. I have a deville on my lot. I drove it home from waverly Ny and averaged 28mpg.

Old 05-16-2008, 02:38 AM

Krabs,
You got me thinking. Going to check out the Toyota Corolla, especially with the MPG. My husband likes the Fit - so I will have to do my research and talk him out of it.
Thanks for the info.
Hat

Old 05-16-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
I don't think you need an SUV for safety reasons, but you may want to look at just buying one vehicle and looking at a Civic, Corolla, Accord, or Camry, which are all good on gas and safe.
I feel safe with an SUV on Interstate 84 when I drive to NY. I also like the response of the CRV in bad weather. Just a personal opinion, and especially when you are among a convoy of trucks.

Old 05-16-2008, 03:24 AM

106,661 posts, read 108,810,853 times
thats why i cant settle for a vehicle that dosnt give me power and handling... passing those trucks on i-84 can be frustrating in some of these economical little toys.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrabs View Post
The Fit only gets 33 mpg highway? That's not great considering how small that car is. The Toyota Corolla gets 38 mpg highway and is much more roomier than the Fit. Even my mid-sized 4-cyliner Honda Accord gets around 31 mpg highway. I don't think I'd feel safe in a car as small as the Fit, and considering there are bigger cars that get just as good or better gas mileage, the Fit is a poor choice in my opinion.
Mr. Krabs,

I checked seversal Toyota websites and none of them indicated that the Corolla gets 38 miles to the gallon. I know it is an excellent car. Where did you get your specs from? Hat

Old 05-16-2008, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Mr. Krabs,

I checked seversal Toyota websites and none of them indicated that the Corolla gets 38 miles to the gallon. I know it is an excellent car. Where did you get your specs from? Hat
2007 Toyota Corolla specs, auto safety at Edmunds

38 highway/30 city is what was listed on my window sticker for the 07 Corolla also.

There is a chance that maybe the mpg went down a little bit with the new design for 2009, but that would be a curious move on Toyota's part seeing the high price of gas. Still, for the money, brand new for just over $15,000 out the door, this car is probably one of the best values out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania