Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 09:19 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,134 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

In an effort to help my clients, I'm trying to compile a list of lakes in Northeastern PA that allow gas-powered motors (also jet ski info would be helpful.) Info on both public access and private association lakes are sought!

My list so far includes:

Lake Sheridan (Wyoming Co)
Acre Lake (Susquehanna, 40 hp limit no jet ski)
Lily Lake (Luzerne, 60 hp limit jet ski ok)
Page Lake (Susquehanna Co, 60 hp limit)
Lewis Lake (Susq. County, Jet ski allowed)
Laurel Lake (Susq. County, 60 hp, no jet ski)
Spruce Lake (Wayne County)
Lake Carey (Wyoming County, jet ski ok)
Chapman Lake (Lackawanna)
Lake Winola (Wyoming, jet ski ok)
Crystal Lake (Lackawanna, Fell Twp, jet ski ok)
Harveys Lake (Luzerne, jet ski ok)
Lake Harmony (Carbon)
Lake Huato (Carbon)
Lake Nuangola (Luzerne, jet ski ok)
Lake Silkworth (Luzerne)
Beltzville Lake (Carbon)
Shickshinny Lake (Luzerne jet ski ok)
Duck Harbor Pond (Wayne)
Westcolang (Pike, jet ski ok)
Fairview Lake (Pike, jet ski ok)
Wallenpaupack (Pike Wayne jet ski OK)
Lake Ariel (Wayne, jet ski ok)
Roamingwood (Wayne, jet ski ok)
Lake Henry (Wayne, jet ski ok)
Wrighter Lake (Susquehanna jet ski?)
Elk Lake (Wayne, jet ski ok)
Walker Lake (Pike, 10hp limit, no jet skis)

If anyone has any other information on any of these lakes - or knows of other lakes in Northeastern PA not listed here that allow gas powered motors over 10hp I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 02:42 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Our friends have a pontoon boat at their house at Lake Wynonah. Nice list!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:45 PM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
https://www.fishandboat.com/pages/search.aspx#

Old 07-07-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Thanks - I've already exhausted that resource. That only includes state-controlled lakes or lakes with state-controlled access. Does not include private or community lakes.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Our friends have a pontoon boat at their house at Lake Wynonah. Nice list!
Thank you for the heads up on Lake Wynonah! That looks like a great lake!

Old 07-28-2021, 07:09 AM

122 posts, read 370,979 times
Walker Lake in Pike has a 5hp gas motor limit.

Old 07-29-2021, 05:27 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Thanks - I've already exhausted that resource. That only includes state-controlled lakes or lakes with state-controlled access. Does not include private or community lakes.
From that link did you go to: https://pfbc.pa.gov/spbtregsx.htm? That gives a list of all lakes and streams open to the public by county. Like "The operation of boats powered by internal combustion motors is prohibited." in Brady's Lake and "The operation of personal watercraft is prohibited within the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area." on the Delaware River. (both regulations are for Monroe County and the Delaware River regulations differ for different counties).

Old 01-06-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
From that link did you go to: https://pfbc.pa.gov/spbtregsx.htm? That gives a list of all lakes and streams open to the public by county. Like "The operation of boats powered by internal combustion motors is prohibited." in Brady's Lake and "The operation of personal watercraft is prohibited within the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area." on the Delaware River. (both regulations are for Monroe County and the Delaware River regulations differ for different counties).
Yes - "open to the public" is different than private community lakes. Private community lakes are only open to property owners or shareholders in the community/organization.

Old 01-06-2022, 12:10 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Yes - "open to the public" is different than private community lakes. Private community lakes are only open to property owners or shareholders in the community/organization.
Yes, but if the property does not own the source of the water the residents still have to abide by our fishing rules and regulations. Fish wardens can also come onto private property and enforce those laws.

If the private property owns the watershed for their streams and ponds and if they have registered their water with our State, then they do not have to abide by our fishing laws. But other property owners downstream of their property do have to abide by our laws. At least that is what I was always told.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Yes, but if the property does not own the source of the water the residents still have to abide by our fishing rules and regulations. Fish wardens can also come onto private property and enforce those laws.

If the private property owns the watershed for their streams and ponds and if they have registered their water with our State, then they do not have to abide by our fishing laws. But other property owners downstream of their property do have to abide by our laws. At least that is what I was always told.
None of that has anything to do with my post, though. I was looking for lakes that specifically allow gas-powered motorboats (and personal watercraft, too, as allowing one doesn't mean the other is allowed). I am compiling a comprehensive and hopefully complete list so that I can better direct my clients toward various communities with lakes that allow the type of watercraft they want to be able to use.

There are in fact many lakes in the area that are not named on that list in the link you provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania