Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:05 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times

Advertisements

When I did what you are doing, I spent a lot of time in imaginary play with the kids. I had my three, two of one friend's boys, and another friend's boy and girl. All were ages 7 through 10 at the time, and it was quite fun at times. We would play "shark" on the playground. I was the shark, and anyone getting off the swings or slides would be eaten! Then they would become a shark, too, and help me get the other kids. It was so much fun to act like a kid, too! Of course, I didn't have any infants to watch over....

I always had on hand: enough water guns for everyone, all the above mentioned balls and those popsicles, ya know, the ones that come in a case at the grocery store. They are all different colors and flavors.

These kids all also loved to help me garden. They planted bulbs and seeds, dug out weeds, watered flowers. Since they had a good time, I bought some small planters, and let them plant some of my heirloom seeds to take home and take care of or to give to their mommies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 05:09 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
If you have access to a pool, your set. I have seen some pretty cool smaller, above ground pools sold at Walmart that even have the small pumps for a couple hundred bucks that would set you up. Put some sun block on them and I bet they would be outside all day.

Another thing is age appropriate video games.

I much prefer to see children outside playing though.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:47 AM

937 posts, read 2,889,844 times
Good stuff guys!!! The pool that we had when we moved in burst two months after we were in!!! I will ask their mom about the waterguns.. you know how some parents are about guns.. Water balloons will be fun too LOL

Old 05-23-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
Good stuff guys!!! The pool that we had when we moved in burst two months after we were in!!! I will ask their mom about the waterguns.. you know how some parents are about guns.. Water balloons will be fun too LOL
You should be able to get something like a slip and slide pretty cheaply as well.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:05 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You should be able to get something like a slip and slide pretty cheaply as well.
Thats it!! I just could not come up with the word........the Mom should try to leave one with you. Its an all day fun thing for that age.
You'd so hate to see them sitting around bored.........

Old 05-23-2008, 07:15 AM

Toys - Wal-mart

Check these pools out. Its not much money for the amount of entertainment the kids would get over a summer with it.

I know when I take my daughter up to the pool, she can stay in the water playing with her friends for literally HOURS. Thankfully they have lounges for me to sleep on, because I'm not near as energetic as she.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania