Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 01:25 PM

472 posts, read 778,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Glad you are back Sarge! I still love my area here in Swiftwater. But I do not live in a development, just surrounded by them. If you like developments you could check out Old Orchard Farms or Deer Mt. Lake to see if they have any homes for sale - I don't know what the dues run, but I would bet they are less than yours. Cobble Creek Estates Is also down here, but I would suspect their dues are higher.

Of course, it is hard to say how our area will fair after all the new development is complete. But I like the fact that I have several ways in and out of my location and I have never had problems with traffic so far.

As far as Lake Ariel area, check out how far you have to travel to get to the stores or medical assistance. That has always been one of the complaints of those that live up there.

Hang around for a while this time - even if you do move north.
I'm gonna stick around I got time to burn....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2023, 06:31 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,142,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge621 View Post
I'm gonna stick around I got time to burn....
please do....I need somebody to pick on....

Last edited by DavidWebb; 02-17-2023 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 02-17-2023, 04:23 PM

Let's dance

Old 02-21-2023, 06:56 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
Quote:
How much are dues in The Glen at Tamiment?
Oh boy! The dues are over 2k this year when it was under 1.5k just last year and previous years. Nuts! No security just "Compliance Officers" that are only there from dawn to dusk. Overnight? Well, anything can happen. More proactive with violations and concerns from residents but service is the same. Better with snow removal than in the past. Long story, short. SSDD!!

Old 02-21-2023, 10:56 AM

That's hefty!!! They don't have many amenities either right? I worked with a nice guy in Jersey who bought in there after 911. He loved it but after 2 years of commuting he opted to get a studio apartment in Bayonne, NJ and went home only weekends. When he retired in 2010 and was ready to enjoy "the quiet life" his wife told him she was moving to Miami with or without him. Times were bad for selling houses in NEPA. I wasn't living in Pa then. He called me to come meet him to talk. I met him and he told me he's walking away from his house to moved to an apartment in Miami. His wife already had a two bedroom place paid for where her sister lived. He was devastated... His wife was gone in a week. I met him at his house in the community a few days before he was leaving. He stayed behind to tie up loose ends. His house was pretty bare when I was there. The movers already came and took everything he was gonna take. He kept pushing his day to leave back a few days. He was so sad cause he told me he never got to enjoy his house. I was heartbroken for him. He finally left and sadly I never saw or heard from him again. He must have got a new number cause his number was off when I tried to get him. That was my only experience in Tamiment. I tried to go in there a few years ago but they went gated. It wasn't gated the last time I was there. Nice place though...

Old 02-22-2023, 05:55 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
Quote:
That's hefty!!! They don't have many amenities either right? I worked with a nice guy in Jersey who bought in there after 911. He loved it but after 2 years of commuting he opted to get a studio apartment in Bayonne, NJ and went home only weekends. When he retired in 2010 and was ready to enjoy "the quiet life" his wife told him she was moving to Miami with or without him. Times were bad for selling houses in NEPA. I wasn't living in Pa then. He called me to come meet him to talk. I met him and he told me he's walking away from his house to moved to an apartment in Miami. His wife already had a two bedroom place paid for where her sister lived. He was devastated... His wife was gone in a week. I met him at his house in the community a few days before he was leaving. He stayed behind to tie up loose ends. His house was pretty bare when I was there. The movers already came and took everything he was gonna take. He kept pushing his day to leave back a few days. He was so sad cause he told me he never got to enjoy his house. I was heartbroken for him. He finally left and sadly I never saw or heard from him again. He must have got a new number cause his number was off when I tried to get him. That was my only experience in Tamiment. I tried to go in there a few years ago but they went gated. It wasn't gated the last time I was there. Nice place though...
Yeah, the HOA fees are a sin. Even at 1.5k was kind of steep but I could fathom it. However, as you said, the amenities are lacking. Only a pool in the summer, no full-time security, a trash compactor and that's about it. Saw Creek isn't the ritz but they have way more amenities than Tamiment. This HOA fee is more in line with Hemlock Farms which is a much better community than Tamiment. They have beaches, pools, their own Fire dept. and police, etc. A little further away from my commute to NJ but it would be worth the 2k. Not where I am now. However, this is my bed so I lie in it. Yes, I remember about your guy that lived in Tamiment that just walked away from his home. Now that I have a full understanding of why. I get your buddy's wife. People that live here are an acquired taste. The old management (good riddance) wanted those gates up in the worst way. Their way of getting people to pay their dues. They were a nasty group of people that many people that live here don't miss at all. I believe new management came here about 4 years ago before the pandemic. A little more hospitable bunch in terms of hearing out your concerns. Better with snow removal which was always an issue here. However, they raised the HOA fees this year so there are going to be many that just walk away from their homes in the coming months. I like to stick to my obligations. That's how I am built but other people just don't care.

Old 02-22-2023, 08:04 AM

2k for nothing hurts. Leaving a home for an apartment, worse. I would've probably let her go lol. I thought Tamiment offered more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania