U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 03:44 AM

87,147 posts, read 84,541,929 times

Advertisements

heading to bushkill falls today.. hopefully it wont rain on us. we will be taking lots of pictures but since this older computer we have in nepa is far behind the times we are unable to do much processing of the photos so we wont be able to post them until next week when we get home.

it looks like photography heaven there... hopefully we can get some good high dynamic range photos... i love working with them as the possibilites are only bounded by your creativity. you can range the look from a regular snap shot to borderline art. the key is to get at least 3 pictures, each with perfect exposures in different parts of the tonal range and then combining all 3 taking the best range of each.

if anyone is interested in getting started taking hdr photos you need nothing more than a digital camera capable of taking high resolution shots with the ability to use not auto mode but aperture priority mode. if your camera has an auto bracketing feature so much the better ,,, then download the free trial ofthe software that does the magic ... be prepared to spend hours playing. its addictive

HDR photo software & plugin - Tone Mapping, Exposure Blending & HDR Imaging for photography

Last edited by mathjak107; 07-03-2008 at 04:47 AM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 AM

755 posts, read 2,169,127 times
Math...
thanks for the photography tips....let us know how Bushkill Falls is. My in-laws honeymooned there...oh about 51 years ago and my MIL keeps "suggesting" that we take the kids there for something to do.

If there arent' rides or a playground, they'll be bored I think...we'll see..

Let us know how your day goes. Have fun...

Old 07-03-2008, 08:49 AM

31,448 posts, read 70,630,502 times
Mathjak, if you and the better half are somewhat experienced hikers may I suggest the Falls Trail at Ricketts Glen State Park, northwest of Wilkes-Barre, to you? My partner and I hiked for 7.5 miles yesterday and were mesmerized by every waterfall, especially the 94' Ganoga Falls. Bushkill Falls just honestly can't compare to Ricketts Glen, in my personal opinion. I plan to head back out soon with the camera to post a Ricketts Glen Photo Tour that will include the waterfalls, gorges, Lake Jean, and perhaps even some of the little sights around Red Rock.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:52 AM

87,147 posts, read 84,541,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff18wife View Post
Math...
thanks for the photography tips....let us know how Bushkill Falls is. My in-laws honeymooned there...oh about 51 years ago and my MIL keeps "suggesting" that we take the kids there for something to do.

If there arent' rides or a playground, they'll be bored I think...we'll see..

Let us know how your day goes. Have fun...
it was a nice little hike, except for the falls themselves and there are 8 but most are small , we didnt find that much to photograph.

the red trail which is the longer 2 mile one has quite alot of stair climbing as the trail for most of the way are layed out as stairs. parts are real rocky so where sneakers or hiking boots. we are in good shape so we didnt mind the climbing but everywhere you could hear people grumbling about the terrain.

heres a tip, if you do the 2 mile red trail go counter clockwise. the climbs are a little more subdued. bring bug spray and bring water...

we will post the pics next week

i already accidently deleted one of the memory cards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania