Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:31 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
LOL right?? I thought I was seeing things. Is this a case of multiple personalities?

Editing because ooops, I didn't realize this thread was from July. It's so weird that such old threads get re-opened...
I think what happens is when someone checks an area, there's links at the bottom to forums that mention that area. Since dates aren't a consideration with those links, old posts come up and without realizing it people respond to what is old data. I know because I did it myself a few times before I realized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 12:32 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
LOL right?? I thought I was seeing things. Is this a case of multiple personalities?

Editing because ooops, I didn't realize this thread was from July. It's so weird that such old threads get re-opened...
Heyna?

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Check out Montrose also If: you think the Iroc-Z is still "King of the road", your favorite program is WWE Smackdown!!, Dale Earndhart is your Messiah, you still are sportin' a mullet... and are damn proud of it, you like women that wear flannel, and have longer sideburns then you!, your entire topic of conversation, year round, with family and friends focuses on the three weeks of "huntin' season", if you think that having no front teeth gives you character, if Natural Ice is your drink of choice, and if you like "Cruisin' Town" with the windows rolled down, blasting Toby Keith... then as Steve Austin would say, "Hell Yeah!!! Montrose is for you.

What is wrong with Toby Keith????????

Old 01-21-2009, 07:55 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy n View Post
A bottle???.... I didn't get that impression when I was house hunting a few weeks ago. I'm in N.C. right now, but I may be moving to that area.
Why are you leaving NC?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:44 PM

31 posts, read 90,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyLane View Post
Wilkes Barre is just the place for you, and gentrified! Fantastic public schools, Starbucks, boutiques, you'll love it! .
Please don't listen to this poster. W-B, Scranton area is what I like to call the "Arm Pitt of America". Everyone here smokes, drinks, and does some sort of illegal drug. Unless that's for you. The majority of families that stay here for most of their lives die of cancer of some sort (everybody). If your passing through for a year of two like myself you can manage, but don't think that this is a place to put roots down.

Overall I think the state of Pennsylvania is very glum. High unemployment, no tech jobs, just lots of factory type work. There are lots of healthcare positions open, but pay is lower than the national average fo these jobs. You can guess why there are so many health jobs open around here in W-B, Scranton.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:04 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnceltic View Post
Please don't listen to this poster. W-B, Scranton area is what I like to call the "Arm Pitt of America". Everyone here smokes, drinks, and does some sort of illegal drug. Unless that's for you. The majority of families that stay here for most of their lives die of cancer of some sort (everybody). If your passing through for a year of two like myself you can manage, but don't think that this is a place to put roots down.

Overall I think the state of Pennsylvania is very glum. High unemployment, no tech jobs, just lots of factory type work. There are lots of healthcare positions open, but pay is lower than the national average fo these jobs. You can guess why there are so many health jobs open around here in W-B, Scranton.

Ummmmmmm...NOT!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Check out Montrose also If: you think the Iroc-Z is still "King of the road", your favorite program is WWE Smackdown!!, Dale Earndhart is your Messiah, you still are sportin' a mullet... and are damn proud of it, you like women that wear flannel, and have longer sideburns then you!, your entire topic of conversation, year round, with family and friends focuses on the three weeks of "huntin' season", if you think that having no front teeth gives you character, if Natural Ice is your drink of choice, and if you like "Cruisin' Town" with the windows rolled down, blasting Toby Keith... then as Steve Austin would say, "Hell Yeah!!! Montrose is for you.

I'm still waiting to know what's wrong with Toby Keith????

Old 01-23-2009, 12:54 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I'm still waiting to know what's wrong with Toby Keith????
I think he was just making a point that Toby Keith is a favorite of the mullet-headed, WWE/NASCAR crowd. You can't really argue with it. I'm not a redneck, but Toby Keith is OK with me I guess, some songs are OK. But I can take him or leave him.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:01 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
I don't consider myself a redneck - I'm a vegetarian tree-hugger, if I had to label myself, and I like Toby Keith's music!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I think he was just making a point that Toby Keith is a favorite of the mullet-headed, WWE/NASCAR crowd. You can't really argue with it. I'm not a redneck, but Toby Keith is OK with me I guess, some songs are OK. But I can take him or leave him.

I don't think he is, i love him, he's my favorite and mullets are nasty and i hate NASCAR.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania