Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:05 AM

910 posts, read 2,991,538 times

Advertisements

Hey SW no thread highjacking! LOL so kidding. I too would love an Apple store.
King of Prussia Mall was like nothing I've ever seen as far as one stop shopping. Didnt even see half of it. I get lost in Nordstrom and the rest becomes a blur. Of course the one item I was looking for they didnt have
Philly was fun, too much to see for a one day trip! Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 11:53 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that The Shoppes at Montage is courting an Apple store. I have several friends that are fanatics when it comes to iPods, iPhones, iMacs, Iraq (just kidding!), and they'd love to be able to commute to Moosic instead of Whitehall all the time.
Count me among the fanatics. I have a MacBook Pro (and before that a PowerBook G4), two iPods (1st gen white nano and 4th gen classic), follow the rumor sites daily (MacRumors and AppleInsider), etc.

The Whitehall store just opened actually. I remember when a trip to the Apple Store meant a 4-5 hr round-trip commute to KOP and later a 3 hr round-trip commute to Rockaway. Now Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area residents have a 2 hr round-trip commute to Whitehall. You can definitely see a trend of closer and closer Apple stores to our area. Hopefully the next one is smack dab where we want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Just like FightinPhils I too would love to see an Apple store open in Downtown Scranton, but we all now how likely that would be when the suburban Chicken Little locals all have that "big scary city = gonna get mugged" mentality.

For an area with 551,000 people (more if you count those in the Poconos and Northern Tier who shop in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre) and now growing modestly each year, I'm surprised we've yet to court more chains. I'd especially love to see a Cheesecake Factory here as well (perhaps in the 500-block of Lackawanna Avenue) and a Dave & Buster's (perhaps in St. Peter's Square). Businesses like that will serve as catalysts for further revitalization in Scranton.
That's exactly why Apple will never open a downtown Scranton store.

They aren't in the business of providing catalysts for development. Apple is the smartest, most profitable per square foot retailer on the planet. They didn't get that way by taking risks on store locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania