Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 AM

910 posts, read 2,993,178 times

Advertisements

Taking our oldest son and his friend to the Franklin Institute tomorrow so we are going down tonight. Staying near the King of Prussia Mall of course because there's Coach, Apple, and Nordstrom!
So more importantly, where should we eat in/around the mall tonight that's neat for the kids?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 05:47 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
Taking our oldest son and his friend to the Franklin Institute tomorrow so we are going down tonight. Staying near the King of Prussia Mall of course because there's Coach, Apple, and Nordstrom!
So more importantly, where should we eat in/around the mall tonight that's neat for the kids?
I'm not sure about King of Prussia, but if you are going to the Franklin Institute, I'd check out The Reading Market Terminal for lunch. I believe it's at 10th and Arch sts. (behind the Hard Rock Cafe and across from the convention center, but don't quote me on that (it's been a while since I was last there, but it's a Philly landmark, anyone you ask can tell you where it's at. Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful time.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:48 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,115,981 times
Hi! I haven't been to the Franklin Institute since I was a kid!
The Franklin Institute - Home

On the visitor guide button on that link is dining.

Post in the Philadelphia forum, to double your responses.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:08 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,971 times
KOP needs a bigger Apple Store.

IIRC, even the Lehigh Valley store is larger.

And even though NEPA isn't the hippest of regions, it's surprising there isn't an Apple Store in this region given the huge amount of colleges represented here-- education being an Apple stronghold. Best location? Probably on the mountain.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:33 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commish View Post

And even though NEPA isn't the hippest of regions, it's surprising there isn't an Apple Store in this region given the huge amount of colleges represented here-- education being an Apple stronghold. Best location? Probably on the mountain.
I would say downtown would be a better location for an Apple store....walking distance from Da U. A lot of out-of-town college kids don't have cars with them, and we all know that public transportation sucks around here.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:47 AM

703 posts, read 1,546,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
I would say downtown would be a better location for an Apple store....walking distance from Da U. A lot of out-of-town college kids don't have cars with them, and we all know that public transportation sucks around here.
Yes, but there's a trolley that runs up to the mountain from Scranton every day. And a more central location would better serve the Wilkes-Barre area. And well, let's face it, downtown Scranton is a bit of a risky place for Apple. The Shoppes location would probably reach the most people.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:32 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,555,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post

Pocono, Have a great time! I would love to see the places that are really good. How long is the ride? Are you looking for a place with a great philly cheese steak........... Enjoy the Franklin Institute of course the King of Prussia Mall. You will have to let me know how it compares to the Palisades...........

Hat

Old 07-25-2008, 08:51 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,968,689 times
Get a cheesesteak at Jim's on South St.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:53 PM

414 posts, read 1,779,994 times
After the Franklin Institute visit, have lunch at the brand spanking new outdoor cafe at the brand spanking new Comcast Center tower (Philly's tallest and the nation's first 'green' skyscraper...it's nearby....at 17th and Arch....about 6 blocks from Franklin and has become a real senastion/point of interest....including the blonde twins who hostess the operation. Your grandson will go gaga over the enormous TV screen spanning the entire lobby of the tower........

For a peek at the cafe, the tower and amazing photos/stuff about Philly, make a point of clicking into this wonderful website. It's fascinating!

phillyskyline.com | yo

...enter the site and scroll down a short bit to locate "Comcast/ Table 31 cafe" within the July 24 entry...

Old 07-25-2008, 04:29 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,624,272 times
I've heard unsubstantiated rumors that The Shoppes at Montage is courting an Apple store. I have several friends that are fanatics when it comes to iPods, iPhones, iMacs, Iraq (just kidding!), and they'd love to be able to commute to Moosic instead of Whitehall all the time.

Just like FightinPhils I too would love to see an Apple store open in Downtown Scranton, but we all now how likely that would be when the suburban Chicken Little locals all have that "big scary city = gonna get mugged" mentality.

For an area with 551,000 people (more if you count those in the Poconos and Northern Tier who shop in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre) and now growing modestly each year, I'm surprised we've yet to court more chains. I'd especially love to see a Cheesecake Factory here as well (perhaps in the 500-block of Lackawanna Avenue) and a Dave & Buster's (perhaps in St. Peter's Square). Businesses like that will serve as catalysts for further revitalization in Scranton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania