Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 09:57 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,755,849 times

Advertisements

The Quaker Steak and Lube is bad. I can't believe that place will make it in an area full of great wings. Although I still scratch my head when I see people waiting outside to be seated at the Olive Garden...why people would settle for crappy chain Italian food in an area full of great family-owned Italian restaurants is beyond me....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 10:00 AM

567 posts, read 1,299,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_D_M View Post
Anyone been to Portafino in Wilkes-Barre yet? It's open.
Their menus are posted on their website(without prices)
Portafino Ristorante ... An Italian Experienceâ„¢

Uno is closed? But they have Big 'help wanted' signs on the building.
I wonder who is moving in there?

Bennigans is still open, maybe it is not a 'company store' and will remain open?
Portofino's food is amazing.... just a little out of this area's price range.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmiley06 View Post
The Bennigans by the Arena wasn't all that good if you ask me. And since I moved back from philly I have seen more stores up in that area. Why are there so many restaurants up by the arena? There aren't enough people in this area to support so many restaurants like that, especially a place like Uno's. It seems as if some of these bigger chains try and come into this area because they apparently see growth but realize later on this area can't support such a store, just take a look at Steve and Barry's.
steve and barrys as a company went bankrupt.. not just the w-b store. and i think the w-b store is staying open?? i might be wrong though.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
steve and barrys as a company went bankrupt.. not just the w-b store. and i think the w-b store is staying open?? i might be wrong though.
I don't think there is a Steve and Barry's in Wilkes-Barre. There is one in the Steamtown Mall, and from what I've heard, it is closing.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:03 AM

4,407 posts, read 9,092,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The Quaker Steak and Lube is bad. I can't believe that place will make it in an area full of great wings. Although I still scratch my head when I see people waiting outside to be seated at the Olive Garden...why people would settle for crappy chain Italian food in an area full of great family-owned Italian restaurants is beyond me....

Whitebread, suburburban, milqetoast, blandized, jabroinies.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I don't think there is a Steve and Barry's in Wilkes-Barre. There is one in the Steamtown Mall, and from what I've heard, it is closing.

There is one.. albeit in a quiet shopping center.. East End Center behind the Red Lobster, near the old price chopper and a dollar tree..

Horribly placed shopping center ; cant see it from Rt 309.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Whitebread, suburburban, milqetoast, blandized, jabroinies.
??

Old 12-12-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
There is one.. albeit in a quiet shopping center.. East End Center behind the Red Lobster, near the old price chopper and a dollar tree..

Horribly placed shopping center ; cant see it from Rt 309.
Is that Price Chopper gone? If it is, then that shopping center must be dead. The last time I was in the Price Chopper a few years ago, that center was looking bad.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Is that Price Chopper gone? If it is, then that shopping center must be dead. The last time I was in the Price Chopper a few years ago, that center was looking bad.
They moved the price chopper into a new construction (parking lot is WAY to small) on Wilkes Barre Township blvd (BR-309) right next to the wegmans and applebees.....

so yes that east end center is DEAD.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:01 PM

57 posts, read 106,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
All chain restaurants. All garabage. Nutrition Facts - Restaurants - DietFacts.com Look at the sodium, calories, sugar, and carb contents.
That doesn't mean much unless you have the nutritional information for the locally owned mom-and-pop restaurants to compare it to. How can we know if one is better for us than the other? Non-chains may be just as bad.

Although some folks are fighting for it, it doesn't make sense for laws to be passed requiring chains to post nutritional info if they don't make all places follow the same rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania