Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times

Advertisements

If you go to the Florida threads, you'll hear the talk of gangs.
South Carolina, same talk
California........It just doesn't matter. The talk is out there.
Gangs seem to be here, there and everywhere.
So far, I think that the PV School district has a great bunch of kids and some wonderful activities for them. Hurray for Pleasant Valley!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 04:42 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Wasn't that CD/clothing store in the same building as that salon? There was a place like that in the same storefront as the salon is in now.

There's definitely something suspicious about that place. Lots of expensive "pimped out" cars there. I'm not trying to be racist, but its kind of strange that a business catering to black people opens up in a part of town with a relatively small number of black residents. It doesn't seem like something there would be a demand for in West Side. Unless there's another business going on that isn't necessarily advertised....
You're talking about the place across from the Rite Aid? I always thought something suspicious was going on there myself. I never understood what kind of business it was exactly.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:46 PM

I hope your police dept. is watching over this. I really bet that they are.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I hope your police dept. is watching over this. I really bet that they are.
Except the Chief has one week off, so when the cats away..........

Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 PM

3 posts, read 11,096 times
Default like After Hours Cutz on 209 next to Perkins.

[quote=Joe Batters;4844334]Actually it was more of a place to buy cd'sothing, etc. It's out of business now, thankfully. I know the place you're talking about. I'm not quite sure about that place yet. like after hours cutz on 209 next to Perkins.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
It seems that hair salons always seem to be fronts for drug dealing. Wasn't that Carmen's on South Main St. in Wilkes-Barre busted for drugs a few years ago? And its still operating....right next to a pawn shop, go figure.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:23 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
You're talking about the place across from the Rite Aid? I always thought something suspicious was going on there myself. I never understood what kind of business it was exactly.
Yep, that's the place. At one point it was some kind of "urban clothing" store, now its a hair salon. Just way too many "pimped out" expensive cars with out-of-state plates hanging around there....

Old 08-15-2008, 07:11 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
Well, from the sound of it, whether it's one place or more, you all seem to be answering your own question on this topic.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:08 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
"...Umm..come down from NYC"....it is up from NYC you have to drive North to get here.
It depends on what part of PA that you're talking about. In general, most of PA is west and slightly due south of NYC.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:49 PM

8 posts, read 20,403 times
Since I am new to this forum, I won't over-assert my opinions, but, I'd like to comment on some of the remarks made earlier in this thread.

If you think that these so-called "wannabes" are not to be taken seriously, than you are in for a rude awakening in the very near future. I am a police officer in the Austin, TX area, and we have some very bad gang problems down here. Guess what we used to say about all the little gangbangers a few years ago:

"They're just wannabes. It's not like we're in L.A. or something!"

Because of that lackadaisical, and complacent attitude, all of east, and much of north Austin is overrun with gangs. I'm not saying you should be suspicious of every person and you see. But, it wouldn't hurt to educate yourselves on some of the customs, (tattoos, colors, jargon, tagging, etc.) that are in use with the major gangs. You will be very, VERY surpirsed to discover what is going on right under your nose.

Just because you are not from a major city does not mean that social parasites will not try to exploit and destroy your community. After all, the "job market" is already flooded in L.A., NYC, Chicago, etc. A smaller town gives them the opportunity to be a shot-caller, and make their own work....Think about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania