Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 02:10 PM

433 posts, read 959,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Thanks COartist..........Here'r hoping
Something............those are good choices, interesting.
You won't be an outsider for long, and once you get here, you'll never want to go back.
What you said here gives me hope. Nice people, beautiful scenery, lower cost of living..... what more could I want?

Old 08-16-2008, 06:34 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,311,211 times
I would catch April Gonzales (http://pahomepage.com/content/about/Gonzales_Bio - broken link) the most delicious bass...

Old 08-16-2008, 06:36 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
She's indeed very gorgeous, CHS89, but she can't hold a candle to Noreen Clark, especially given what I've heard about her "love of the bottle" from one of her neighbors!

P.S. It's nice to see you back on the forums. I'll try to not get under your skin as much, but I know I can't speak for Dan.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
Could someone tell me what the heck is this thread suppose to be about,
and what does it have to do with NEPA....and why I shouldn't close it..
This thread was just meant to be a blend between an "ice breaker" designed to let us learn more about each other to see just what makes each other tick, as well as a "tension reliever" to help get everyone thinking positively again after the expected squabbling arose on a few threads between a few members (including my big fat Italian yap of course).

Many of the state forums I lurk around in are making the transition from strict relocation-oriented threads to more of these fun, friendly, community-oriented threads. The Maine forum is especially this way. There's been a dearth over the past couple of months in people seeking relocation guidance/advice into NEPA (although thankfully that has changed over the past couple of days with a few promising new residents coming in), so in order to pass the time it always helps to get to know one another a bit better.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:50 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
This thread was just meant to be a blend between an "ice breaker" designed to let us learn more about each other to see just what makes each other tick, as well as a "tension reliever" to help get everyone thinking positively again after the expected squabbling arose on a few threads between a few members (including my big fat Italian yap of course).

Many of the state forums I lurk around in are making the transition from strict relocation-oriented threads to more of these fun, friendly, community-oriented threads. The Maine forum is especially this way. There's been a dearth over the past couple of months in people seeking relocation guidance/advice into NEPA (although thankfully that has changed over the past couple of days with a few promising new residents coming in), so in order to pass the time it always helps to get to know one another a bit better.
I just hope everyone here appreciates me...summering already answered my
question,her word carries a lot of weight...I always said the forum should be more user friendly,but what happens when the insults fly and people get offended and can't work things out for themself than action has to be taken.
Suave....you are so suave.....the thing is we want people to keep posting and stay in touch...

Old 08-16-2008, 07:01 PM

433 posts, read 959,388 times
Default An outsider's point of view

Quote:

Trust me when I say this, guys, this forum is POLITE compared to several others I've viewed over the past two months. I've been lurking in the shadows in the NEPA forum and have finally "come out." I hope it was okay for me to throw in my 4 cents.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50something View Post
Trust me when I say this, guys, this forum is POLITE compared to several others I've viewed over the past two months. I've been lurking in the shadows in the NEPA forum and have finally "come out." I hope it was okay for me to throw in my 4 cents.
You should feel very welcomed here. Even though coartist88 probably thinks he has his hands full with us sometimes, he should trust me when I say that he's got it good here. I lurk frequently on the California, Florida, New Jersey, Michigan, and New York boards, and if people think we here in Northeastern Pennsylvania are "hostile," then they honestly haven't seen some of the flame wars on those boards where the moderators just jump in whenever they can, feeling helpless. The NJ forum especially used to be full of some very, very nasty people, but thankfully the dedicated moderators on there have done an exemplary job of weeding out some of the problem posters to the point where I can now feel comfortable posting on there again without getting flamed for no reason.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
You should feel very welcomed here. Even though coartist88 probably thinks he has his hands full with us sometimes, he should trust me when I say that he's got it good here. I lurk frequently on the California, Florida, New Jersey, Michigan, and New York boards, and if people think we here in Northeastern Pennsylvania are "hostile," then they honestly haven't seen some of the flame wars on those boards where the moderators just jump in whenever they can, feeling helpless. The NJ forum especially used to be full of some very, very nasty people, but thankfully the dedicated moderators on there have done an exemplary job of weeding out some of the problem posters to the point where I can now feel comfortable posting on there again without getting flamed for no reason.
after doing 20 years in NYC law enforcement...everything else is a piece of cake...

Old 08-16-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50something View Post
throw your 4 cents ...2 cents...you are very welcome here...you are also welcome to our meet and greet(check out the thread) whenever that is..

Old 08-16-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
throw your 4 cents ...2 cents...you are very welcome here...you are also welcome to our meet and greet(check out the thread) whenever that is..
I'm off this Tuesday with no plans, so I'll call around then and update you all with my results!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania