Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:50 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,795,636 times

Advertisements

Here's another thought if you're in the put them in jail crowd, how about some alternative sentencing? Provide treatment and have them pay for it with very long community service sentences? My point is this, jail is not working. Its only expanding the population of inmates at an enormous rate and turning people for the worse. A lot of these drug addits go to jail and come out worse than when they went in. It should be labeled criminal college. We need another way to deal with this problem, none of them are very pleasant. Legalization of drugs presents its own problems but I think it's a better alternative than what we are doing now.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:11 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,765,667 times
I am so sick of them as well, they steal, murder, and have no respect for anything or anybody, they need to be shipped to a deserted island so they can steal and murder each other.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:38 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I am so sick of them as well, they steal, murder, and have no respect for anything or anybody, they need to be shipped to a deserted island so they can steal and murder each other.
That's a good idea. Also, since the scum in this particular article were stealing veterans grave markers, why not enlist them in the military and send them to Iraq? Let them earn their own plaque.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:39 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,795,636 times
If I was fighting in Iraq that would be the last person I'd want next to me. If they were going to send them over there to clean the latrines I'd agree. What they should do is go and make them clean every headstone with a very small toothbrush.

They certainly need punishment but I can think of lot better things than jail.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:38 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,765,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If I was fighting in Iraq that would be the last person I'd want next to me. If they were going to send them over there to clean the latrines I'd agree. What they should do is go and make them clean every headstone with a very small toothbrush.

They certainly need punishment but I can think of lot better things than jail.

Cleaning toilets in a war zone sounds good to me!!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,933,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Cleaning toilets in a war zone sounds good to me!!!!

Cleaning the toilets AND sending them out into fields to check for landmines as well.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:19 PM

134 posts, read 290,914 times
When you consider the lack of opportunity in this area drugs don't seem like such a bad option. Drive through Shenandoah and then tell me what people down there have to look forward to even if they are doing well for them selfs. Half of Wilkes-Barres population is in the same boat due to what they are born into.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:25 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,274,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconan View Post
When you consider the lack of opportunity in this area drugs don't seem like such a bad option. Drive through Shenandoah and then tell me what people down there have to look forward to even if they are doing well for them selfs. Half of Wilkes-Barres population is in the same boat due to what they are born into.
I really need to visit Shenandoah sometime for a photo tour. Is it really as awful as everyone tells me it is?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,112,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconan View Post

your kidding..right..drugs are an Illegal substance...what ever happened to getting a job...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:44 PM

134 posts, read 290,914 times
Well then we can use alcohol. If a person is working an average job in the area making far below national scale with respect to the C.O.L then a 15 dollar case a beer (or 15 dollars worth of drugs) seems alot better then paying 30 bucks just to see a movie(you need popcorn). The sedentary population wants easy thrills at the right price.
To most people in this area illegality is a relative term. Most extreme example of this is the Mexican that got stomped to a pulp and the kids get the charges reduced to 3rd degree. The worst druggies Ive encountered are the ones that are related to politics(seems most everyone knows someone out here). And a large percentage of those that are hooked on drugs got that way when they were teenagers. I would never raise a teenager out here because the most exciting things within easy reach are illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania