Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,350 times

Advertisements

I have attended this show from the beginning and always enjoyed it. It was put together by a employee that has a hot rod and knows what car people want in a show. But they have replaced him with people that have no clue what they are doing. This will be my last year there I am going to Pottsville cruise that is held on the same day and know what they are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 01:34 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,739,314 times
Very nice job ken

Old 06-15-2009, 01:59 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Great pics Ken! Definitely announce it early next year. I have friends in PA that would love to go (and perhaps provide a room for me so I can go too!)

Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 AM

2 posts, read 2,389 times
Exclamation Show is going down the tubes

I have attended this show every year since it started and it was a fun show then the changed managers they took the one person that knew what car show participants wanted and put in a woman who only wants to make money not give the participants what they want.
My friends and I are not attending this show anymore.It sucks

Old 11-11-2009, 09:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,389 times
Default Not a good Show Anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
The Bloomsburg show is an annual event. We drove through town that Saturday and I almost had to put a bib on my husband. Back in the early '70s he had a 1970 Dodge Challenger - cherry red with white interior - and traded it on a 1976 Dodge Aspen! Besides using his Mickey Mantle baseball cards for "motors" in the spokes of his bike, trading his Challenger is his greatest regret in life.
They changed managers and the woman who runs the show is greedy and is ruining the show. The previous manager was a well known car collector and knew what it took to put on a good show.

This show now sucks, don't bother going anymore

Old 11-11-2009, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 2,396 times
Default Show now sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
Having these classic cars on the main street makes it such a unique experience. Quite different from a parking lot or a field. Imagine walking 2,000 feet on Main Street amongst four rows of the shiniest classic cars and roadsters. People were meandering everywhere! Shops and outdoor cafes were busy for the entire afternoon. It was a very beautiful event. Just the week prior to this event, Bloomsburg hosted an outdoor movie for the children of the town. A large screen was in front of town hall and Main Street was closed. It was well attended.
The show has taken a change for the worst, the man who ran the show was a well known hotrodder and he was replaced by a woman that is greedy and not giving or doing anything for the car people anymore. I say lets all go to pottsville cruise where they want us.

THIS SHOW SUCKS NOW

Old 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,396 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttestdodge View Post
I have attended this show from the beginning and always enjoyed it. It was put together by a employee that has a hot rod and knows what car people want in a show. But they have replaced him with people that have no clue what they are doing. This will be my last year there I am going to Pottsville cruise that is held on the same day and know what they are doing.
This woman has no clue what she is doing she doesn't even realize she is ruining the show all she wants is to impress her boss by saying look how much money I have made you

Old 11-19-2009, 06:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,151 times
Default This show now is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff18wife View Post
Very nice pics....wish I knew about it...that must have been an awesome show.
It was a great show but it now has taken a turn for the worse, this show is worse than the special events show that was there years ago.

I suggest you attend a better show maybe the Pottsville cruise now there is a great show.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 PM

889 posts, read 2,573,417 times
Do the above posts all sound suspicious to anyone else?, all from people with one or two posts, all have a car junkie username, (hemi hunter, ford guy, mopar master), and all say the same thing just using different words. Classic trolling.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:26 AM

537 posts, read 1,332,011 times
Default Gridlock vs Fairground Show...

I always enjoy the 'Gridlock' on Main Street. This year was the biggest in my experience. It was truly enjoyable, regardless of management. I went to the fairgrounds once. Not my cup of tea. The street show is fantastic only because I enjoy photographing the vehicles with a beautiful background, ie the fountain at Market Square, etc.

I'll mention it next year, and look forward to seeing some NEPA friends! I'll do my best to accomodate a few visitors!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania