Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:05 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,964,461 times

Advertisements

Honestly, it would be more appropriate to have Biden as the presidential nominee, and Obama as VP. But in this sound-bite empty-suit generation, everything is lopsided. I like Biden....Obama not so much. I still may vote for Obama as an anti-McCain, anti-Iraq-war vote though. McCain will be another Bush, and we can't afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 05:56 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Watching CNN and FOX news last night I couldn't help but notice that the "Scranton" town name came up quite often.
Quite proud you all should be.
Anybody know any "big shots" from Brodheadsville. ( Shhh we do have a movie star that lives here, yes we do!)

Old 08-24-2008, 07:46 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
I say who cares if he's from Scranton. Doesn't make him a better candidate for VP. Like Dan said, pride in one's hometown doesn't come from insincere and hack politicians who lived here until they were 10 and then moved away. It comes from residents and the neighborhoods. Joe Biden doesn't care about Scranton or he would be living here. So it doesn't matter to me where he's from.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,132,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I say who cares if he's from Scranton. Doesn't make him a better candidate for VP. Like Dan said, pride in one's hometown doesn't come from insincere and hack politicians who lived here until they were 10 and then moved away. It comes from residents and the neighborhoods. Joe Biden doesn't care about Scranton or he would be living here. So it doesn't matter to me where he's from.
good points--did anyone notice that mr.o's pick could have also been a back-handed insult to hilary--a candidate pa supported?
biden was not verbally an obama fan-----

who,besides obama's campaign,has stated that McCain is a gwb clone?

i'm a long standing democrat,and you couldn't pay me to vote for the obama/biden ticket!

Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Not to make this a political thread.............
But our new V.P pick was born in 1942 in SCRANTON, PA ........
Seems that he moved to Delaware in 1953.
The loquacious lawmaker has been in the Senate since he was 29 in 1973.
For as much as we call Scranton a "coal town" there is surely a very smart and informed group of people coming from the general area.
Hillary's grandparents having lived at Winola Lake region also.
Be very proud Scranton........
It was Hillary's parents that have the cottage at Lake Winola. I live here and when Tony and Hugh come to town in August its a nigtmare, they are both a--'s !!! Tony is there now, for the big meeting of course !!!

Old 08-24-2008, 02:11 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Thats the problem around here .....People are soooo easliy impressed by nobodies. Come on really who is Joe Biden....Other then a politician and we all know what they are really worth.

Like I said earlier I'm proud of my family and my city. I am no more or less proud of Scranton because Biden is from here.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:58 PM

Hillary's Ties to Scranton (http://pahomepage.com/content/fulltext/?cid=24224 - broken link)
Heres a nice article on Hillary's ties to Scranton. ( her grandparents, etc)

I have to be impressed by anyone who has risen to the height of becoming perhaps the President of the USA. Hillary came quite close also.

The title of the thread was to praise Scranton for having the VP candidates birthplace. Scrantons name having come up again, quite a bit today, in the media.
Nothing wrong with a little publicity on a town we all love.

I loved Scranton before this little "tidbit of news", and she remains the same to me.

I have no ties to any party..........So I hope before November someone feels right to me. Right now that is not happening.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:12 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,656,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
good points--did anyone notice that mr.o's pick could have also been a back-handed insult to hilary--a candidate pa supported?
biden was not verbally an obama fan-----

who,besides obama's campaign,has stated that McCain is a gwb clone?

i'm a long standing democrat,and you couldn't pay me to vote for the obama/biden ticket!
Good points also. I'm a registered Republican, but do not always vote that way. No way I wanted Hillary as President at all. I was considering Obama before, but now I don't know. I also don't care for old man McCain much, but he might be the lesser of the two evils. Don't know yet, I'm still undecided.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:30 AM

182 posts, read 450,677 times
Well guys. I have to say I think Joe Bidden will make a great President or VP. I did not know he was from Scranton but I think that is wonderful. He has that beautiful PA/DE mix. Just like me but I have a little GA on top. If you were from Delaware you would understand, we know all of our Senators and Representatives since it is such a small state (just three counties). He has has done some great things coming from a small state (2nd smallest in the US) and being a head of some very important committees.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:36 AM

Thats a great way to put it Georgia from NEPA..........Again for three days I have had to look up at the TV when I hear the name Scranton. They were talking about Presidents birthplaces........Clintons, and a few others and again...Scranton came up.
They stated it gives great intregrity to a town to have a President come from its abodes.
You know when you die.........Your birthplace will be listed whether you lived there 5 days or 5 years.
I have watched Biden over the years and I think your right.........he is good for that party. He sounds very friendly indeed, very smart and..........a talker I hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania