Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:39 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,624 times

Advertisements

More "GOOD" news about Pocono Country Place--NOT!!!

Pocono Record - Man, teens charged in 11 Pocono Country Place burglaries

Man, teens charged in 11 Pocono Country Place burglaries
July 18, 2007

TOBYHANNA — A man and three teenagers were charged Monday with committing 11 residential burglaries, one of which involved stealing a 9 mm handgun, in A Pocono Country Place, Pocono Mountain Regional Police said.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
More "GOOD" news about Pocono Country Place--NOT!!!

Pocono Record - Man, teens charged in 11 Pocono Country Place burglaries

Man, teens charged in 11 Pocono Country Place burglaries
July 18, 2007

TOBYHANNA — A man and three teenagers were charged Monday with committing 11 residential burglaries, one of which involved stealing a 9 mm handgun, in A Pocono Country Place, Pocono Mountain Regional Police said.
Thanks MOLLY, Be it as it may.........the Pocono Record is reporting the news.
The news is not just a reporting of made up stories. Sure wish they were sometimes. There are too many stories coming out of one particular area to ignore.
So the information is here ,and for all to note, as they explore Pa.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:57 PM

10 posts, read 39,222 times
Question relocation from South East Pa

Hi All, I am wanting to relocate to the beautiful ponoco mtn area, we would purchase a home and rent it out at first, with the probabilty of moving permanently with in the next 6-8 months maybe.

I would be living there alone for 3 nights a week with 2 small children with my husband out of town. With all of the postings about crime and gangs (my lord!) I am afraid that the properties we can afford (on one income) are in the dangerous areas/developments/communities

If we purchased a reasonably priced home for light fix up in Monroe County, would I be afraid to stroll the baby by the lake for fear of being attacked???

Would I be afraid of intruders at night???

I love nature and am a total tree hugger, would like a nice little land, with or with out a community...a place to walk with the kids and enjoy the absolute beauty of the woods, and wildlife.

We can afford up to 130,000? for 3-4 bed 1/5 bath. Do we need a basement? (we sometimes have tornados down here in Montgomery County.)

Where, where? Lake Ariel, Wallenpaupak?

Please help!
-Amber B.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:20 AM

AMBERDD1

Where would the 1 income person be working from, where is the job??

Old 07-22-2007, 07:42 AM

http://www.poconokey.com/Search_20_the_20_MLS.htmlhttp:// (broken link)

I did a quick search for you for homes in Monroe county under $130,00. The ones in the $120's look halfway decent. So I clicked on 7 of them(just by the nice picture...here's the thing. 4 were in Pocono Country Place --hahah, 1 was in Penn Estates (iffy there) and 1 was in Pocono Farms and 1 was Pocono Farms East...no complaints about that location.

So my advice with that price range go Pocono Farms (east too) I have 3 friends that live in that area and like it

Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
I concur with Molly. My ex-boyfriend lives in Pocono Farms East and has no complaints. It is part of the Pocono Mountain School District, and students attend Pocono Mountain-West High School.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I concur with Molly. My ex-boyfriend lives in Pocono Farms East and has no complaints. It is part of the Pocono Mountain School District, and students attend Pocono Mountain-West High School.
I agree with Molly and SWB.........Pocono Farms East.
Don't even be tempted by PCP, no matter the price.
One thing just to be aware of in Pocono Farms.........I saw that some of the homes were pumping water out of their basements after a long rain spell.
Be aware to check your crawl-space/basement for past flooding and water issues. I wouldn't even mention it, but quite a few were pumping water.
That is the only thing.....Happy Hunting..........

Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 PM

10 posts, read 39,222 times
Thanks much for the tips....My hubby would be working south of Allentown Berks County. I think we are open to any area. Big Bass Lake, Arrowhead Lakes, Lake Ariel, etc. So, I think we will be able to find something around outside of Monroe.

I will be avoiding APCP...this site has been a biiiigggg help!
-Amber

Old 07-23-2007, 04:28 PM

4 posts, read 14,317 times
Wow! So this is what the Realtor ment when he "Refused" to show us any property in PCP - was told to "go check it out for yourself" For a Realtor to say that, well, that spoke VOLUMES.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdd1 View Post
Thanks much for the tips....My hubby would be working south of Allentown Berks County. I think we are open to any area. Big Bass Lake, Arrowhead Lakes, Lake Ariel, etc. So, I think we will be able to find something around outside of Monroe.

I will be avoiding APCP...this site has been a biiiigggg help!
-Amber
Good to see your realtor looking out for you.
Wondering why you want to go so far Amber.
There are some great communities along route 33 which would lead him to Allentown. Plus, you say he will be working South of Allentown.
I'd look closer, so that you have more family time together.
Did you look into Brodheadsville, Sciota, Snydersville, Saylorsburg.
There are some nice homes for reasonable without giving your husband a huge commute. As it is from these locations it would be about 45 min. for him.
Plus, the further North the more snow issues he will encounter.
By going so far, far north you are giving him quite the long ride for a daily commute.
If you want a nice lake and a pool with community......the closest is the Pocono Farms. Probably from there he would have a ride of at least an hour to work.
Doing a test run to see the actual time, and if it is doable would be good. Even Kunkletown, might have a good priced home for you.......and that is a nice
safe area.......with a great fair coming up the end of Aug. for the kids.

Last edited by Summering; 07-24-2007 at 05:50 AM.. Reason: adding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania