Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,548,960 times

Advertisements

I wish I had someone taping this interaction. I know Walker Carpet is good, but we were told to go to Village just to pick out the carpet/ there is an installer that works with the builder. We showed up there and when the owner found out we were working with an installer that she deals with and sells to, she said to us, "why would I waste my time with you, when he buys the carpet for nothing and then installs it". Well, now the installer also works for Walker, but I would never step foot in Village Carpet again. I think a course at "charm school" would be in order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:58 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,006,813 times
That is really, really, awful!!! Coming from the OWNER? Good heavens!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
That is really, really, awful!!! Coming from the OWNER? Good heavens!
That is one for the Better Business Bureau.............the installer will not meet us there when the owner is there......what does that tell you? It was like she was saying, "get out of my store"

Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,654,704 times
I so loved the Carpet Warehouse in Tannersville, and our daughter used the Easton branch....Everything on the up and up. Reasonable, quick installation, no games, and good advice. Not one little issue with these people at all...........

Old 09-09-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I so loved the Carpet Warehouse in Tannersville, and our daughter used the Easton branch....Everything on the up and up. Reasonable, quick installation, no games, and good advice. Not one little issue with these people at all...........
Good Morning Summering, the Hat wishes I wasn't so far from Tannersville. It is really sad when business owners act like this - and if they did not want the installer to buy carpet from them then they should not deal like this. My take is what does she care, she is still making out on the sale of the carpet.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 5,216 times
Seriously? There are two sides to every story...here's mine...
Years ago I had carpet installed by someone who "worked out of someone's store"...this guy HACKED my carpet. Nobody would help me. He did not return my calls...dropped off the face of the earth with my money.
After that I promised myself I would never try and save a few $
I have dealt with Village Carpet in Honesdale for years...8 to be exact. They have done more for me than I can tell you. ANY time I have gone in there I have been treated fairly and nicely. Workmanship is top notch. As far as the owner ALLEGEDLY being rude...I have a hard time with that. She is sweet, HONEST and accomodating. There are many stores in that area and Village is very good.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconolakehouse View Post
Seriously? There are two sides to every story...here's mine...
Years ago I had carpet installed by someone who "worked out of someone's store"...this guy HACKED my carpet. Nobody would help me. He did not return my calls...dropped off the face of the earth with my money.
After that I promised myself I would never try and save a few $
I have dealt with Village Carpet in Honesdale for years...8 to be exact. They have done more for me than I can tell you. ANY time I have gone in there I have been treated fairly and nicely. Workmanship is top notch. As far as the owner ALLEGEDLY being rude...I have a hard time with that. She is sweet, HONEST and accomodating. There are many stores in that area and Village is very good.
I am not saying that the store is not good. That is where we bought our carpet from. I can tell you she was nasty when she found out we were using one of her installer's. We found out later it's because she loses money if you go directly to the installer instead of the store. I never said that the stores were not good. To each his own.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:35 AM

I never said the stores in the Village were not good. I said that the owner was nasty with us when she found out we were using HER installer. The store was still getting business, but she was not happy with that. Try asking for John and see how nasty she gets. To each his own.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:53 AM

50 posts, read 139,004 times
I have run into a few nasty business people in Honesdale and why I choose not to deal with them.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM

126 posts, read 326,956 times
I have had a few experiences like this--truth is you can get this anywhere. i would think that in such a small town with the economy the way it is, the owners/workers would go out of their way to be courteous with the customers to encourage them to come back.
There are a few establishments that we will no longer patronize as a result of this. I usually give them a few chances, but after 2 or 3 times I simply will not go in. I have written letters of complaint, but not too often and NEVER more than one to any one store. I will complain and then just not go back unless there was an apology--which you would be surprised at how many you would receive:0)!

I encourage you to send a letter directly to the owner as well as the BBB if you feel it applies. Maybe if everyone that is truly treated poorly (I am not referring to those that just like to complain about everything:0)!) would take the time to send a letter then maybe these establishments will take it seriously enough to make a change. the saddest thing of all to me is that there could be other people working for these companies that SEE this poor treatment exemplified thereby have THEM mimic the behavior. Terrible precedence for the future shop owners, no?

Just to give a quick specific: 2 of my older children went into the Honesdale branch library and were treated HORRIBLY! With such disrespect and spoken to as if they were doing something wrong by asking for a book they were called and told was in for them. Since we knew this could be the beginning of a "situation" we wanted to avoid--since we will ALWAYS use the library! My husband went in and spoke with the manager and explained very kindly what the issue was. She was very apologetic and immediately took care of it--spoke to the volunteer and my kids not have never had another issue---AND they are both working for the libraries this summer--getting rave reports and totally enjoying it. The real issue was the right person needed to be TOLD there was a problem.

Well, I am sorry you had this experience. Hope your carpeting gets installed in a timely fashion with no more problems:0).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania