Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:52 PM

182 posts, read 502,894 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if anyone has commissioned an artist for a painting? If so who? and did you like it/ get what you payed for?

My cat recently died and I'd like to get a pencil portrait/painting of him. I've got several hundred pictures of him but I'd really like a painting of him.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 06:41 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,300 times
Sorry you lost your 'friend' Have you ever read the poem 'Rainbow Bridge' ???
Get a box of tissues then google it. Sorry again, I know how it feels !!

Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,300 times
Sorry again !!! I forgot to answer your question, yes there is an artist in Tunkhannock who does beautiful work. Her name escapes me, I'll get back to you.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:49 PM

1,973 posts, read 5,274,029 times
Check out Artsyouniverse in Wilkes-Barre. It is an artist colony, they will be able to help you out. They have a website. I think it's Artsyouniverse.org but I'm not sure. Let me know what you find out.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 AM

182 posts, read 502,894 times
Several months ago I asked about artists, to paint my Kali's portrait. Well I got a DM from gal_in_NEPA recommending her sister Darlene. So I called Darlene then sent some photo to get the portrait done. Well, I got the painting/drawing (pencil) the other day, and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I don't think the photo I took, does the picture justice. I've included the original photo too.

I'd just like to publicly thank gal_in_NEPA (Christina) for her referral and Darlene for doing such a great job.

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails
Artists in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area?-dscn1574.jpg   Artists in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area?-dscn0704.jpg  

Old 01-06-2009, 11:11 AM

201 posts, read 538,919 times
Ahh! It turned out beautiful. I am sorry for your loss. I still dwell on the loss of pets from years ago. To me, pets are like children. My dad had a portrait made of our Keisha. I wish I was that artistic. My aunt does paintings but I don't think she does life like ones. I have done several frames for friends who lost pets. I do an art called quilling. There was a beautiful poem that I used. If I find it again, I will post it. Congrats on your lovely piece.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:55 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick323 View Post
Several months ago I asked about artists, to paint my Kali's portrait. Well I got a DM from gal_in_NEPA recommending her sister Darlene. So I called Darlene then sent some photo to get the portrait done. Well, I got the painting/drawing (pencil) the other day, and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I don't think the photo I took, does the picture justice. I've included the original photo too.

I'd just like to publicly thank gal_in_NEPA (Christina) for her referral and Darlene for doing such a great job.

Thank You
Your right the pencil drawing is better than the picture, lol. Beautiful cat, I lost my cat last year also. She was a part of me and I will always miss her.

Old 01-06-2009, 01:51 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxy38 View Post
Your right the pencil drawing is better than the picture, lol. Beautiful cat, I lost my cat last year also. She was a part of me and I will always miss her.
I'm so sorry for your loss, and to the original poster as well I have 6 cats, and can't imagine what a wreck I will be when I lose any of them. To me (since I don't have and won't be having kids), they really ARE my "kids", and are a huge part of my life. Rick, thanks for posting that info...that artist is very talented, and I may want to have some portraits done of my cats!

Old 01-06-2009, 08:18 PM

100 posts, read 134,601 times
Hey, Rick,
I'm glad to have helped with my small part in this. Darlene's an accomplished artist, although she doesn't advertise herself. She also does portraits so I thought, why not give the option?
I'm happy you have the drawing posted (I hadn't seen it myself), and as I think I mentioned before, your cat reminds me of a cat I had; I know what it's like to lose a pet, ... anyone who lost a pet knows it, too, as evidenced by the comments here. Very nice

Old 02-12-2009, 08:42 AM

201 posts, read 538,919 times
Rick,
I recently came across an artist from Wisc. that does pastel pet portraits. Her work is beautiful. In case you are interested in another one, the address is DeSerio DeSigns. Also, here is poem I wrote for my hubby when our little one died:
TO MY DADDY
It's alright daddy, I'm OK.
Tonight in Gods arms I lay.
You took me in, gave me a place to stay,
With a mommy, daddy, and two brothers to play.
I was warm, safe, and fed very well,
You rescued me from what could have been hell.
You comforted me and stroked me with your gentle touch,
As I lay upon your lap that I loved so much.
Playing with my toys and my bell,
We had so much fun how were you to tell,
This horrible disease that lurked inside.
I knew, but held my head with pride.
So thank you for the time we had,
You truely were a wonderful dad.
Please daddy I don't want you to cry,
For this is not our final goodbye.
Cheryl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania