Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 03:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantonluna View Post
And don't be surprised if you are the only one posting here if this sequel to dohertydeceit.com is allowed to continue...
This forum will never become that, so why don't you chill out. If you don't like it, don't post and don't read it. I don't know what else to tell ya bud.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:54 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,641,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
This forum will never become that, so why don't you chill out. If you don't like it, don't post and don't read it. I don't know what else to tell ya bud.
I haven't decided a course of action yet.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
:yawn:

Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
Quote:
I haven't decided a course of action yet.
What the hell does that mean? In the last 10 days I have posted in numerous threads.....ONLY 3 have been about the city and the mayor........There have been around 70 threads on the forum in that SAME AMOUNT OF TIME and I think I posted in what 4% of the threads.

YOUR making this a personal thing and its starting to look creepy, honestly let it go......

Old 10-09-2008, 09:09 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
YOU(')R(e) making this a personal thing and its starting to look creepy
Jesuit education corrected by me

Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times
Yawn. You know I am getting kind of tired. Have a good night.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
If you see this, just click the little red/white triangle in the upper right hand corner of each post, and send the mods a message. Tell them you don't want every thread to end in a Mayor rant. Tell them that some on here are out of line. Tell them you don't appreciate the endless bashing. It is a cancer to the board to have this practice continue, but the wheel has to squeak to get the grease.

So you were the whiny kid in school who told the teacher on other kids for every little thing, right....?

Jeez, you act like Dan just insulted your mother or something. So he (as well as me and many others) don't like the mayor. So what? Why would you get your panties in a bunch over it? If you don't like it, you don't have to agree, its a free country.... if you get so bothered by what someone types on a message board, you have problems.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,641,886 times
It's not about the Mayor, it's about a particular person's obsessively negative attitude and their corruption of most Scranton-based posts. I'm tired of the ranting, the conspiracy theory, the bashing, and the even contradictory statements just so one disturbed individual can feel that he is 'right.'

My first thought was to just leave the board, and I was content in that decision. I asked that my account be terminated, and in return, I was encouraged to give the matter more thought. Believe me when I tell you that I have received multiple DMs regarding the relentless actions of a certain person on here, and it was their comments that spurred me to find a way to correct the problem. Knowing that people were refraining from posting, in some cases afraid to post or simply no longer seeing the point in doing so, others asking if they could post without being called a name, etc., I decided that while I could walk away, these people deserved better, and I would help if possible.

I suppose it would be no surprise to say that I have indeed asked the powers of C-D to take this matter under review. I will continue to do so as the need arises, and let those in higher authority determine what is to be done. Certain people have also been on better behavior as of late, making me wonder if some action was taken or a message sent in regards to this matter. It really doesn't matter what is directly spelled out in the TOS, I am sure if a pattern can be established of actions contrary to the 'spirit' of C-D, that measures will be taken. While the TOS does not relegate political posts to the political sticky, I am pretty sure that Coartist88 interpreted the rules to read that way. There was an edit post to this effect by him, if I do recall correctly.

Let me say that I am not trying to limit anyone's speech, but this is a public forum, not designed for political grandstanding. I do not expect every comment to be pleasant, and we should all come to the table with the freedom to speak our mind (in a manner that is respectful to other posters). When some people are bullied into silence, turned off by rampant uber-negativity, harassed, and not wishing to contribute, things are askew. Since they will not talk or take action for themselves, I will do what I can for them, although it is probably not very much of anything.

I should also say that the last thing I want to see is our favorite resident malcontent banned. I simply want him to post his negative garbage where it belongs, in the politcal sticky. That is why it is there.

Scranton Luna

Last edited by scrantonluna; 10-09-2008 at 10:33 PM..

Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,061 times
It belongs in whatever thread that warrants the comments..For as many DM's as you think you get, I get them as well. What are you trying to turn this into a popularity contest?

Who do you think you are to try and dictate or determine what is and is not appropriate?

There has been NO message sent to me by anyone and I think its childish that you can't even refer to me by name.......

Behaving? Your kidding me right? You think I'm behaving because I'm not posting about the city???? THERE ARE NO ACTIVE THREADS about Scranton other then this one and it has now degenerated into your little whine and cheese party......

Like I said you don't like what I have to say in the ONE or TWO threads about the city or the mayor. 70 THREADS in the last 10 days and your complaining about my posts in what 3 INCLUDING THIS ONE....

You need to let it go.....

Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 PM

325 posts, read 806,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
So you were the whiny kid in school who told the teacher on other kids for every little thing, right....?

Jeez, you act like Dan just insulted your mother or something. So he (as well as me and many others) don't like the mayor. So what? Why would you get your panties in a bunch over it? If you don't like it, you don't have to agree, its a free country.... if you get so bothered by what someone types on a message board, you have problems.
I'm not going to take sides or pass judgment in this particular dispute. However, I wanted to note that, while I don't think we should be trigger-happy about reporting abusive posts, I do think that there are situations in which posts should be reported. While I wholeheartedly support freedom of speech, I also recognize that there are limits which we all agreed to when we registered to use this forum. Unfortunately, in an "anything goes" situation, discussions often degenerate into nothing but angry name-calling, which isn't really terribly interesting or productive. I personally have not felt harassed in any way here, but I cannot speak for others.

In general, I have found this to be a very pleasant, friendly place to visit and a great way to keep in touch with what's going on in my home town. I sincerely hope that doesn't change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania