Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 05:17 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,553,359 times

Advertisements

All the Hoopola about Robas is very true. We ventured up there with some friends today and had a really nice time. There is quite a bit going on and it is nice and spread out pretty nice. The perfect weather, and friends and I was looking for hot cider, I guess "cold" was in today. They do a great job up there and it was pleasure to finally get there!

Hat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 05:20 PM

937 posts, read 2,889,271 times
Glad you had a nice time. It really sounds nice

Old 10-05-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
Glad you had a nice time. It really sounds nice
Thanks Memoriesbre, I hope you get a chance to get there. The weather held out where it wasn't cold. Someone should have thought about it but it would have been a nice place to meet others - I also hear they do something around Christmas time.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:40 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Yes, the kids just love it. They go to another simular place up in NY State.......However, it is not as clean and refreshing as Robas.
Now when they go to the New York farm they are disappointed.
It really is a nice place, Robas. Not just that you can hold a birthday there, or have a bon fire meeting with friends. They will supply the foods if need be. Just a great idea, and someone has done their homework as far as what would work well.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 PM

937 posts, read 2,889,271 times
Sounds good! I would love to go at Christmas time

Old 10-05-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Yes, the kids just love it. They go to another simular place up in NY State.......However, it is not as clean and refreshing as Robas.
Now when they go to the New York farm they are disappointed.
It really is a nice place, Robas. Not just that you can hold a birthday there, or have a bon fire meeting with friends. They will supply the foods if need be. Just a great idea, and someone has done their homework as far as what would work well.
Summering I thought of you today. Boy it was awesome and a nice place. I know the place you are talking about in Warwick, NY but the name escaptes me. Many parties were going on today and I love those warm fires you can go near to get warm. They have it orgnaized real well. Was wondering if they sell trees as well, I never saw so many beautiful colorado spruces.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:18 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Yes, they sell those trees.( as Christmas trees) Our daughter loves them, but it is always so far for her to travel to.

The other place is by Candor New York, kinda up a back road but the place is usually quite fun.
It has a store and barns with animals. It has a maze to use pedal cars through for the kids. One simpler one with trikes for the younger. It has great picture places, lots of pumpkins and all those fall things......I always head to the store for some unique things......I will be up there this coming weekend. The Candor Wood Carvers hold a show and sale, and that is just 1/4 mile from the farm.
We have a double Baptism on Sunday up there... Oh how cute...........I can 't wait. Everyone is booked into hotels in Binghamton. Just a fun weekend for all.........
Thank you for thinking of me.......I did also think that a place by the fire would be a fantastic, smashing, place to hold a CD meeting.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:37 AM

248 posts, read 798,378 times
we were going to go up this past saturday, but didnt make it! i was disappointed cause the weather was perfect!

we are going next weekednd (Watch it pour LOL)

Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaby View Post
we were going to go up this past saturday, but didnt make it! i was disappointed cause the weather was perfect!

we are going next weekednd (Watch it pour LOL)
I hope you make up there you will really enjoy it. I got some good advice from some friends. Bring hats and scarfs - yesterday was nice but around 4:30pm the cool air picked up. We did not need the hats, etc., but were glad we had them.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Yes, they sell those trees.( as Christmas trees) Our daughter loves them, but it is always so far for her to travel to.

The other place is by Candor New York, kinda up a back road but the place is usually quite fun.
It has a store and barns with animals. It has a maze to use pedal cars through for the kids. One simpler one with trikes for the younger. It has great picture places, lots of pumpkins and all those fall things......I always head to the store for some unique things......I will be up there this coming weekend. The Candor Wood Carvers hold a show and sale, and that is just 1/4 mile from the farm.
We have a double Baptism on Sunday up there... Oh how cute...........I can 't wait. Everyone is booked into hotels in Binghamton. Just a fun weekend for all.........

Thank you for thinking of me.......I did also think that a place by the fire would be a fantastic, smashing, place to hold a CD meeting.
The Wood Carvers Show sounds great. I am looking for a unique bear. Wow, it sounds like you are going to have some fun.........yes, a great place for get-together. Thanks for all the interesting places that you and others here suggest............I do not need a travel agent anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania