Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 08:07 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times

Advertisements

My Mom has heard of a place that serves an Irish Tea only one day a week. It is in the Kingston Area...anyone know the name so I can contact them for reservations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 04:37 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
Just curious ; what is an Irish tea?

d

Old 10-09-2008, 06:31 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
New York Tearooms at TeaGuide The Original Online Tea Room Directory (http://www.teaguide.net/tearoomsnewyork.htm - broken link)

ILOVEPA, I tried a couple of searches specifically for Kingston - I found the directory of Tea Rooms all over New York. Maybe if you called one of them, they could direct you to find the place that you are looking for in Kingston, New York. Sorry, I could not help more.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:34 AM

203 posts, read 577,387 times
Was that the one they profiled on WNEP? I saw some of it but missed any real specifics. She passes out hats & all for tea time.
Going to look.

Had no luck on WNEP but found some interesting info.

http://www.donegal.com/tea_room_home.asp (broken link)

http://de.lirio.us/find/kingston-luz...a/restaurants/
on this page Sugar's tea room in Kingston, near the bottom of the page

I hope this helps

Last edited by WatsonWest; 10-09-2008 at 07:19 AM..

Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 AM

okayDorothy...check out the web-site that WatsonWest posted for an explanation

Thanks to The Hat and WatsonWest for helping out...the place in Bethlehem sounds lovely...maybe I'll try that around Christmas...remember looking through the window and watching people eat (and drink!...tea of course!) through the window...all served in beautiful China tea cups....

This place that I'm thinking...is either in Pittston or Kingston...somewhere around there. They sell traditional Irish foods like blood pudding and also have this tea service. My Mom had heard of it and I'd love to take her...she has always wanted to go...and I know she won't be around forever....want to make some memorable occassions! Believe it or not...my brother found it with his GPS by searching for Irish stores when he took my Mom there last...but we can't remember the name...he is going to check and see if he can find it with his GPS again.

I'll keep you posted....

Thanks Again!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
Its just like home. I wish I knew about it last year when we went to Bethlehem. Ok, now that we have more time, I will definately go there.

There is a great tea room in Greenwich Village in NYC.

thanks

dorothy

Old 10-09-2008, 06:30 PM

536 posts, read 1,109,249 times
there's Miss Molly's Tea Time at Clarke's Irish Imports main street ashley pa

Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM

Well. alittle more sleuthing and I found this web-site
Tearooms and Tea Shops at TeaGuide The Worldwide Tea Directory (http://www.teaguide.net/index.html - broken link)

I found Tea Rooms in Forty Fort, Hawley, and Throop. Don't know if they are Irish though.

shymonkey.....Miss Molly's Tea Time sounds nice...I'm wondering if this is the one...still waiting for my brother to check his GPS!

Old 07-02-2009, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 9,281 times
I've been to Sugar's (in Kingston/Forty Fort) and Miss Molly's in Ashley. Both are very good. Miss Molly's is owned by the owners of Clarke's Irish Imports which is an irish store/flower shop in the same building. Very nice owners, very cute place. Have thoroughly enjoyed going for tea there! If you want a relaxing afternoon tea with no rush, no crowds, etc, this is the place to go.
Sugar's Tea Room is the victorian tea experience. Very nicely decorated, have very nice specialty teas (Valentine's day, Halloween, mothers day, etc). Everything looks perfect. Slightly more expensive than Clarke's but it is a nice experience. May need a reservation as it can be busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania