Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:16 PM

127 posts, read 282,843 times

Advertisements

We are also searching in the area. The only diiference we saw between the Hideout and WLE is the later has an indoor pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 AM

21 posts, read 56,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisNY View Post
We are also searching in the area. The only diiference we saw between the Hideout and WLE is the later has an indoor pool.
The earlier also has a golf course, 2 restaurants one with a Tiki Bar, ski hill, new state of the art recreational complex to open in the next few weeks to mention a few.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manner View Post
The earlier also has a golf course, 2 restaurants one with a Tiki Bar, ski hill, new state of the art recreational complex to open in the next few weeks to mention a few.
Didn't know about the ski hill :-)

Old 07-01-2009, 09:20 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
It's not a huge hill. It's good enough, but if you are a good skier, it will not excite you.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:01 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
Quote:
The fact that you can put a motorboat in the lake (only one of three in the Poconos)
There are more than 3 motorboat lakes:

1. Lake Wallenpaupack
2. Westcolang
3. Roamingwood (Hideout)
4. Duck Harbor
5. Lake Henry
6. Fairview Lake
7. Long Pond / Alden Pond (unlimited horsepower, btw)

I'm also fairly certain that Lake Ariel is a motorboat lake as well....but I won't swear to it in court.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
Quote:
There are a lot more differences than that.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:14 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
Hideout does not have access to Lake Wallenpaupack.
In WLE, I do believe that your water/sewer is included in the dues; in the Hideout it is additional fee.
WLE has an indoor pool; Hideout has the golf and ski hill.
Hideout is gated, WLE is not.
Much of WLE is in the Wallenpaupack School District though some homes are in Western Wayne.
Hideout may have more organized activities/clubs/organizations.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Hideout does not have access to Lake Wallenpaupack.
In WLE, I do believe that your water/sewer is included in the dues; in the Hideout it is additional fee.
WLE has an indoor pool; Hideout has the golf and ski hill.
Hideout is gated, WLE is not.
Much of WLE is in the Wallenpaupack School District though some homes are in Western Wayne.
Hideout may have more organized activities/clubs/organizations.

WLE has constant organized activities and organizations. You can be busy there from morning until evening. It has a swim team, womens club, and continous weekend events. I sugguest checking each web site and see what suits the buyer best.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
There are a lot more differences than that.
Can you give me an example?

Old 07-06-2009, 01:25 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times
Quote:
Can you give me an example?

I dont have a house in the Hideout so cannot say anything about it But maybe the others that do can chip in.

I do have a hosue in WLE and love it. As for activities for kids ; plenty. If you are there for the whole summer, there are swimming lessons, arts n crafts, movie nights, family bingo.

It is very safe ; we had friends stay this weekend and they loved it. The pool was gorgeous ; at least two lifeguards at all time ; in both pools, snack bars at both pools. You can access and swim in the lake.

Water is included with our rates.There are many full timers plus vacationers and it seems to be a good mix(at least on our street). Neighbours watch out for other neighbours.

For a vacation place its wonderful. We do have the idea of moving there fulltime in a few years.

d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania