Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:10 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,552,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post

I dont have a house in the Hideout so cannot say anything about it But maybe the others that do can chip in.

I do have a hosue in WLE and love it. As for activities for kids ; plenty. If you are there for the whole summer, there are swimming lessons, arts n crafts, movie nights, family bingo.

It is very safe ; we had friends stay this weekend and they loved it. The pool was gorgeous ; at least two lifeguards at all time ; in both pools, snack bars at both pools. You can access and swim in the lake.

Water is included with our rates.There are many full timers plus vacationers and it seems to be a good mix(at least on our street). Neighbours watch out for other neighbours.

For a vacation place its wonderful. We do have the idea of moving there fulltime in a few years.

d
Dorothy is absolutely right. WLE is not a community it is like family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisNY View Post
Can you give me an example?
Ok....I'll tell you what The Hideout has......Hey...not picking on WLE....it's nice there too, but The Hideout has WAY more ammenities....

9/11 Memorial Park
4 lakes...one non-powerboating, one large for motor boats
Smaller beach with snack stand.
Larger beach with pool and kiddie pool, tennis courts, large snack bar, and tiki bar overlooking lake with regularly scheduled live entertainment. Also boat rentals. Tiki Bar has a nice menu also.
Basket ball courts, play grounds, a baseball field and tennis courts in various locations.
A campground for those interested.
A dog park.
Beautiful banquet Lodge overlooking lake with regularly scheduled entertainment and activites.
A fine Dining Restaurnat and a pub overlooking a 9 hole golf course.
Ski Hill and Ice Skating Rink with snack bar in a small Ski Lodge.
A Marina
3 Parks along the lake where you can fish or picnic.
A walking trail.
Mini Golf
A pro Shop
A woodworkers club with complete facilites
A ceramic Center
A Recreation Department with planned activites all year round.
Summer Camp for kids of all ages
Swim Team for the kids, Golf team and Tennis team....
A brand new Recreation Complex with gym facilities scheduled to open this fall.
There are probably over 30 clubs in The Hideout for all ages and all interests.

I might have left some things out....

Any questions...ask away!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:46 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,552,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Ok....I'll tell you what The Hideout has......Hey...not picking on WLE....it's nice there too, but The Hideout has WAY more ammenities....

9/11 Memorial Park
4 lakes...one non-powerboating, one large for motor boats
Smaller beach with snack stand.
Larger beach with pool and kiddie pool, tennis courts, large snack bar, and tiki bar overlooking lake with regularly scheduled live entertainment. Also boat rentals. Tiki Bar has a nice menu also.
Basket ball courts, play grounds, a baseball field and tennis courts in various locations.
A campground for those interested.
A dog park.
Beautiful banquet Lodge overlooking lake with regularly scheduled entertainment and activites.
A fine Dining Restaurnat and a pub overlooking a 9 hole golf course.
Ski Hill and Ice Skating Rink with snack bar in a small Ski Lodge.
A Marina
3 Parks along the lake where you can fish or picnic.
A walking trail.
Mini Golf
A pro Shop
A woodworkers club with complete facilites
A ceramic Center
A Recreation Department with planned activites all year round.
Summer Camp for kids of all ages
Swim Team for the kids, Golf team and Tennis team....
A brand new Recreation Complex with gym facilities scheduled to open this fall.
There are probably over 30 clubs in The Hideout for all ages and all interests.

I might have left some things out....

Any questions...ask away!

Hi there, I have a question: all the ammenties that you mention are they included in your dues or is anything you mention a la carte?

Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
Both sound soooooo nice...

Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighHat View Post
Hi there, I have a question: all the ammenties that you mention are they included in your dues or is anything you mention a la carte?
Lots are a la carte....
You can't dine...drink...play golf...or ski....without it costing you.
I think that's pretty reasonable.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,801,905 times
Oh I forgot about the campground. Also lodges,.

So far the only differences are a resturant and the golf course and the ski hill. We allow golf carts and also you can park your rv on the site.

Not picking on either and both are very nice. I looked at the Hideout also. I think there are more homes in the Hideout. Its really whatever suits your needs.

dorothy

Old 07-07-2009, 04:43 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,001 times
WLE has a campground as well.

THe fees for playing golf are relatively cheap - the last time I checked I think the greens fee for golf was under $10/person.

The Hideout does not allow you to ride golf carts around the community, WLE does.

There are, indeed, quite a few minor differences between the two - not to mention that I think WLE has a slightly lower cost involved.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:46 PM

6 posts, read 9,817 times
We just moved to the hideout last week!! We move here from Florida but I am originally from Commack. We chose here over going back to Commack.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:29 AM

936 posts, read 2,397,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla-to-pa View Post
We just moved to the hideout last week!! We move here from Florida but I am originally from Commack. We chose here over going back to Commack.
Welcome to the Hideout! I am here on July 20th one year, it went by fast. I love it here and I am sure you will also.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:55 AM

467 posts, read 1,489,001 times
Where is the Hideout? just curiious and WLE, what is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania