Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:27 PM

641 posts, read 2,370,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
This should be a new rule on this forum!
No state bashing when you don't live here!!

I moved here by choice, after many visits, I don't regret it for a second. It is WAY WAY WAY WAY better than where I came from, but I don't hang out on the LI thread and post continually how horrible I think their life is!
I'm sick and tired of people bashing Pa on this forum....they know who they are....they are like a broken record. ENOUGH!!!!
And as far as jobs...my husband makes a good living busting his azz as a truck driver...his company is always hiring...if you want to work, you can find a job. Neither of us have ever been unemployed in our 15 years of living here. I have had many job opportunities COME to me. I've been asked by a few business owners if I'd like to work for them, without my solicitation. Just by them observing my work ethic.

Oh...Have I mentioned............................I LOVE PA!................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the dumbest rule ever. It's my first amendment right to tell the cold hard truth about a state. Who are you to make that tyrannical rule? This is not Nazi Germany. I wasn't bashin the state at all. Just said that I left. Just calm down and breathe in breathe out. We have new people on this forum every day. Patience is key, grasshoppa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA!
WE KNOW.......WE KNOW....WE KNOW...............

We've already heard you coc-a -doodle- do'in all about Pa.
Please spare us.
Tell us how you really feel.

Jealous?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM

372 posts, read 1,228,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal rooster View Post
That is the dumbest rule ever. It's my first amendment right to tell the cold hard truth about a state. Who are you to make that tyrannical rule? This is not Nazi Germany. I wasn't bashin the state at all. Just said that I left.
I (and most of us posting here) have gotten it quite clearly from your numerous previous posts that you don't love, like or even care to tolerate PA, yet I keep seeing you posting here. Why?

We got your message, now get ours - we happen to toterate, like or love PA. We all have the right to say that, no rules needed. Agree to disagree on this, please?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 PM

248 posts, read 798,299 times
your OPINION is hardly the cold hard truth.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:40 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
A few weeks ago I was once again graced with someone screaming a slur out of their car window at me for being of an alternative sexual orientation. .
How would some random person zooming by in a car know your sexual orientation? Seems odd.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyde View Post
I (and most of us posting here) have gotten it quite clearly from your numerous previous posts that you don't love, like or even care to tolerate PA, yet I keep seeing you posting here. Why?

We got your message, now get ours - we happen to toterate, like or love PA. We all have the right to say that, no rules needed. Agree to disagree on this, please?
I like to give back and warn people about the state. The thread is about leaving the state anyway. I post in numerous other state forums too, including NH. Ain't nobody gonna tell me where and where not to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbaby View Post
your OPINION is hardly the cold hard truth.
If my opinion is truth then it is not opinion. Nice one.

Yes, I know just about every place is ailing from the economy. Makes me feel bad for some of the residents of PA trying to escape the nightmare. To all those people I say, don't worry, it will happen eventually. Never lose hope!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM

248 posts, read 798,299 times
dude, your opinion is just that - something that YOU think. YOU do not necessarily speak the TRUTH for all of PA...

sorry to disappoint.

oops edit to add the necessary smilie....

Old 10-20-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
How would some random person zooming by in a car know your sexual orientation? Seems odd.
Maybe he is really open about it. When I lived in PA, ignorant people would scream stuff out at me all the time just to be funny. Pickin on a guy that gets to work be walking, now that is plain cruel

Old 10-20-2008, 01:52 PM

469 posts, read 1,451,833 times
Hi everyone! Please excuse me for changing the subject, but my husband and I are relocating to the Sinking Spring area (I know it's not technically NEPA, but I wanted to cover all the basis. )
We are looking to rent a house or townhome for 6-12 months until we purchase a home. I have 2 small children and 2 dogs, so it would need to be pet-friendly. Also, we probably will not be moving for 2-6 months.
If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I need all the help I can get on this.

To the OP: I have never been to PA, but I can't wait to get there.
Just looking at all the beautiful scenery, the mountains, and the fact that you are so close to so many beautiful states...well, I feel like I am the luckiest person alive.
Thanks again everyone!

Old 10-20-2008, 02:36 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
I used to live in Greentown. IMHO, I'm glad we left NEPA. It's not that it's a horrible place, it's just stuck back in time. The area was economically depressed and too far away from everything. There was no employment. I think ppl don't know what they are missing out on if they live there all their life. By leaving there, it opened so many more doors for us. (employment, entertainment, new friends, convenience, nice weather and more) It all depends what you like. I know alot of ppl that live there that never left the state. One thing that I miss that's unique to NEPA are the fairs, festivals, fireman's picnics, breakfasts and dinners, and holidays in the park.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:12 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,657,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley19 View Post
I am not a big fan of NEPA but if there is so many who say it is better when you leave, then why are they on a NEPA forum instead of one in their own area? I personally would not waste my time.
I don't have a problem with NEPA as a whole, I just hate Scranton. I don't like the fact that's it's becoming more diverse. With more diversity, you get more problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania