Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 04:56 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,461,966 times

Advertisements

mgb ~ I did have a camera in my purse. Too bad I didn't think to do what you suggested. My first thought was...how could I prove it? Honestly, if I wasn't tired and wanting to get home, I'd have made a big stink about it...trust me on that one. I would have humiliated them in public. Like I said, I know I've seen this guy in there before and I'll bet if I describe him to relatives, one of them might even know who I am talking about. This isn't that big of a town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 09:42 PM

87 posts, read 258,467 times
You just know Ecam is secretly thrilled!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:02 AM

372 posts, read 1,228,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb View Post
Too bad you didn't have a camera phone in your hand to snap his picture & show police. That would wipe the smile off his face.
That's exactly what I was thinking!! But most times you're so surprised you don't have time to react like that.

I echo everyone else here in that, if the sales clerk didn't help, then demand to voice your concerns to the manager. I would also "remind" he or she that the they would certainly lose business if word gets out that pervs are snapping pics of people in the store.

Here's hoping that they find and arrest those people...

Old 10-27-2008, 07:00 AM

755 posts, read 2,332,945 times
oh crap...and I shop in that store all the time and 99.9% of the time I have at least one of my two kids with me. Very rarely do I try anything on there though. I'm still going to keep my eye out b/c both of my kids LOVE just browsing the toy aisles just to see what's there.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,826,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgb View Post
. . . Too bad you didn't have a camera phone in your hand to snap his picture & show police. That would wipe the smile off his face.
Should she wait until he's reaching for an item on the top shelf too?

It is an interesting issue; certainly not illegal to photograph people in a public place with no real expectation of privacy -- the op was likely under video through much of her shopping experience. Did a quick search and it seems the law gets a bit more complicated, and varies locally, when in public and some weirdo wants to secretly take a photo under clothing. Even then it surprisingly doesn't seem to be illegal unless clearly identifying the person -- by face or caption.

Guess we'll have to wait for the pics to hit the internet to comment further

Old 10-27-2008, 04:05 PM

87 posts, read 258,467 times
Tonight at Eleven: Indignant Wal-Mart shoppers destroy message board!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Default Thrilled about what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Batters View Post
You just know Ecam is secretly thrilled!
You don't even know me. Why do you have to try to start trouble?

Old 10-27-2008, 04:51 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,127,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecam222 View Post
This was in Walmart yesterday. It never occurred to me that someone would want to walk up next to me and snap a picture of my lower half. I dressed appropriately...hell, I was at Walmart. I was reaching for something off of a shelf and had my back to the man. I turned around just in time to see him slap back his phone and put it in his pocket. He and another man who was with him laughed and quickly left the aisle. I have seen this character before. He (around 50?) and his cohort (30s?) seemed to be milling around and may be working with a young woman (early 20s?). Both of the men could be related, as they were built about the same...short and stocky...can't be much more than 5'3". The older man had a mustache, with a lot of gray and had on a baseball cap. I think he was wearing one of those army type coats...olive green, perhaps? Sleaze bags with nothing going on in their lives. It disgusts me. I wish some women would leave their dopey husbands home if they don't like to shop.
those clowns deserve a good old fashion beating...you should have reported it to security...

Old 10-27-2008, 04:54 PM

106,557 posts, read 108,696,306 times
its tough when laws dont keep pace with technology . yes any amatuer photographer can take all the pictures they want of anyone in any public place. in fact for news even for commercial reasons they dont have to tell you.

my wife and i were jogging at a local path in bayside queens and people were coming up to us and going arent you the girl in todays daily news????? little did we know my wife was sure as heck smack in the daily news riding her bike with the caption "well spoken"

we werent even aware a daily news photographer snapped her picture and gave her a full 1/2 page in the paper. legally they didnt even have to tell us

Old 10-27-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
those clowns deserve a good old fashion beating...you should have reported it to security...
Yes...I do know this...I was in a hurry...bad timing, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania