Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times

Advertisements

cathyde....13 inches!!!!??? Wow...Mt. Cobb always get slammed.
It looks like about 6 inches here, very heavy wet sonw so I think it is just compressing as it keeps coming down. I just shoveled the deck...I'm hoping all will be melted in a day or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 01:15 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Thanks a lot you *******s! Now I'm going to have to run into the kitchen and pig out on Oreos, hence putting more pounds onto my widening derrière!

Paul------->

Old 10-28-2008, 02:36 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Yeah. Ya'll can find SNOW up or down 115....whatever direction brings you to the Pocono Lake area. There's at least a foot out there!

The generator kicked on shortly after I logged off of here this morning. The winds are high, and I've been watching trees and branches doin' the "look out below" disco. We were told there are trees down on cars in the development.

The cable and Internet went for awhile.

We are nice and warm in our little oasis, but no cookies here. There is that Halloween candy though. Yep, candy, snow, wind, and a course of Prednisone. Just what I needed.

How strange that there are places with no accumulating snow so close by. I wish you could all see what I'm lookin' out at right now!!

Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermanMike View Post
Mermanmike just pulled out the recipe too...reminded me that I got it from the Joy of Baking website. This makes a very traditional snickerdoodle. Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe & Photo - Joyofbaking.com
I love that website. I've made their lemon tart recipe several times...it's very easy, and verrryy good.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:50 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,583,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyde View Post
Still snowing in Mt. Cobb - dear hubby ventured out and measured 13 inches of snow on the ground!!

Called my mom (unfortunately, she's in the hospital in Allentown ) and she said it was raining, then you could see flurries, then a mix. Just plain messy was the sight from her window. She was shocked to hear of the snow amounts here!! I'm pretty darn shocked myself!!...

::::THUD::::: 13 INCHES???

And, sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she is well and home from the hospital soon!

Old 10-28-2008, 04:31 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Yeah. Ya'll can find SNOW up or down 115....whatever direction brings you to the Pocono Lake area. There's at least a foot out there!

The generator kicked on shortly after I logged off of here this morning. The winds are high, and I've been watching trees and branches doin' the "look out below" disco. We were told there are trees down on cars in the development.

The cable and Internet went for awhile.

We are nice and warm in our little oasis, but no cookies here. There is that Halloween candy though. Yep, candy, snow, wind, and a course of Prednisone. Just what I needed.

How strange that there are places with no accumulating snow so close by. I wish you could all see what I'm lookin' out at right now!!
Not an ounce of snow in Brodheadsville.........lots of wind and its pretty darn strong. Lots of rain hitting the windows and kinda sticking to it.....
But.....nope I'm just off of 115, but on the lowest level, so nothing.
Thats ok, I'll wait until mid November.
Trading Snickerdoodles for some candy.....of yours Rock, alright?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:59 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
cathy - I do hope your mom is well very soon.

Our generator is not staying on too well. It's coming and going. The wind is still swishin' around. Tried to use the snow blower to get some of the driveway cleared. No go. It's too wet, heavy, and deep. The thing jammed up.

I had a dental appointment tomorrow. The office is close to the Jubilee Restaurant on 940. I just got a phone call to cancel. They have power, but they have six trees down. Ya can't get in to the office.

The online source for PPL says we should have power restored by noon on 10/30.....10/30???.....Thursday?

We are less than 15 miles from Summering. She hasn't any snow. We have over a foot, no power, and trees snappin' like match sticks! We must be 13.7 miles straight up!

Has anyone noticed anything from poconoproud today?

Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
I just went for a short ride this evening...it is horrible out there! Wind is blowing....trees are sagging into the road...many downed trees...and the roads are slippery.
I don't like this.
I'm not ready for this!
This is the first day I wore my winter coat!!
Is it really gonna be 60 degrees on Thurs.?????

Old 10-28-2008, 06:16 PM

Well, PA didn't get the brunt of the storm to ourselves. Route 80 was closed going north today( NJ)....... That affects all our buses going to and fro also.
No one could get to the schools to pick up their kids. Schools had no heat and no electricity... It took one hour from Wharton to Mt Arlington, then people had to get off at Mt Arlington.( the closure of route 80 point)
It took our daughter 4 hours to get home from Hanover to Hackettstown.....using all the back roads known possible. Some roads closed due to trees being down, having to back up and retry another.
People trying to reach their kids had to turn back after hours ,either being stopped or a road being closed..........Her FIL didn't even reach the school for early pick up with the roads closed. A neighbor had to return to school for the little fellow.
I understand an accident at the Gap closed 80.
I'm sure Martz schedule for the day was way off. Sometimes they stop the buses, then people have no transportation. I don't know what was outcome for this day.
Gosh, and here I am with no snow...........I think I am surrounded though......I'm staying home!

Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
cathy - I do hope your mom is well very soon.

Our generator is not staying on too well. It's coming and going. The wind is still swishin' around. Tried to use the snow blower to get some of the driveway cleared. No go. It's too wet, heavy, and deep. The thing jammed up.

I had a dental appointment tomorrow. The office is close to the Jubilee Restaurant on 940. I just got a phone call to cancel. They have power, but they have six trees down. Ya can't get in to the office.

The online source for PPL says we should have power restored by noon on 10/30.....10/30???.....Thursday?

We are less than 15 miles from Summering. She hasn't any snow. We have over a foot, no power, and trees snappin' like match sticks! We must be 13.7 miles straight up!
PS Rockky, if you need a warm place.......you let me know......I have a spare room, electric, a fireplace and good tea!

Has anyone noticed anything from poconoproud today?
Shes lower then I am even, so she should be ok.........
But, I just talked with my NJ daughter and it was a horrible storm for North Jersey. I had not idea about that until now. I told her maybe we could have picked up the little fellow in Hackettstown from our way, but she said the Delaware Water Gap was closed on 80 due to an accident.
This storm hit in odd or even places Binghamton, NY which the news said is having snow........did not. Not even at the high elevations. So very strange because as we know MermanMike was not baking cookies, he had to plow.........Right Mike? This was some here and some there...........
I did have a ton of wind and rain. Perhaps PoconoProud might be out due to the wind taking down something...........I don't know.......
I have to look around for her.........

Last edited by Summering; 10-28-2008 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: adding words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania