Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 04:57 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,383,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
What kind of parrot do you have? I have an Amazon....here is a video of him laughing and showing off for the camera
YouTube - Laughing Parrot It's not the best quality, but you can hear him well....and yes, he is mimicking me
I have an African Grey. He belonged to my Nana, when she got sick, she gave away all her birds except Rascal. She couldn't bear to part with him. After she passed away, my Papa couldn't deal with the bird because he spoke in my Nana's voice, saying things like "I love you'. So my Mom took him. But then she started rescuing feral cats and I came home from vacation one weekend to find out I was Rascals new owner. I've had him quite a few years now. He says a few things in my voice, including 'ouch' and 'Rascal is an ugly bird'. Mostly he likes sounds. He meows, barks, beeps like the backup alarm on the UPS truck, microwave, house alarm, stove timer and anything else that clicks, beeps or buzzes. Oh, and he calls the cats too! When my mom had him, she used to watch a lot of shows with laugh tracks, so he does a laugh like that. I taught him to do an evil laugh too. People just love him. I am beginning to think some of my friends come over to see him! I keep saying I'm going to borrow a video recorder and tape him, but haven't done so yet. Maybe one day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
And I bought the last lite tree with little folks, pups, sleds, going around it. Only to find.........it has some issue ( it kinda looked like someone had returned it due to the packaging).........Anyhow, I know that most of the stores had none, or just the display......so not going to be fun turning it in.
I wanted it for my scene, which this year I am putting on the 4 levels of the corner hutch.......I saw this in the newest Country magazine and just loved how it looked. I don't have country furniture but I like the cozy ideas sometimes.
Sorry to hear your find isn't working, Summering. I hate when that happens. 'Specially when you're all excited about getting it.

Neat idea about the hutch. I used to pack away the books and use the bookcases too! I haven't put out my village scenes in a few years, was having a rough couple of years with my divorce and such. I'm going to this year though. I may not have money for presents, but my home will be decorated to the hilt! Lord knows I have enough Christmas decorations to fill this house twice over! (Inherited my Nana's stuff too!)

Old 11-08-2008, 05:33 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,587,076 times
Yes, I was so very excited. I have been looking for it. The box did look strange, no foam in it, the packing not quite right.........I should have known but, my excitement got the best of me. I'll try looking early tomorrow up in Stroudsburg.........wish me luck.
I am thinking I will not put the entire scene up. Its in tons of boxes and it means so much packing and lugging. The train my dad gave me I lent to the little fellows and I do not have the heart to take it back. They run it around their tree, so it is in a good place, with happy hearts.
You know, I got this huge, huge, December electric bill in January.........so I am cutting down the outdoor lights. Actually I am the one in the neighborhood who has the most lights, with one other fellow..........This time I am thinking of doing just one area.
I bet your scene will look wonderful.......I have last years scene in pictures. None turned out that well but I'll look for them. Last year I did levels......
I just loved the look in that magazine on doing the shelves.
What is fun is that the little guys all come and stand there and stare..........
They don't say a word for a long time. Then suddenly a voice will say. " What is the new one this year?" or " Is that fishing village new" They seem to know if I have added now.
I gave them the skating rink too last year.......Oh MY.........I have a feeling they will be setting that up at their house. You know I tried to help them along in adding to their village. They have a different type then mine. It all becomes very interesting.
The eyes, the expressions........priceless.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:43 PM

I have one girlfriend, who has an entire village of just barns and horse related buildings, like tack shops. It's so cool!

I know what you mean about the electic bill. I will not be decorating the outside and I'm probably going to get the LED lights for my Christmas tree this year too to save money. I saw some in Christmas tree shops, but didn't pick them up yet. I'm waiting to see if there will be an awesome deal somewhere, as they are a bit on the pricey side. - Paul, will Lowes have a special for Black Friday?

My brother is more into Halloween and has an entire village of stuff for that. It's cool, but Halloween isn't my thing.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:47 PM

Gosh Enya has a bunch of cats on Utube......One named Shelby is so cute and it use to be feral!
And the talking parrot......our laughing we should say.
How is Shelby cat doing now? It seems to be happy as an indoor cat now. How cute!

Old 11-08-2008, 05:51 PM

My village is like a regular town. All the town shops, church, train station, pet shop......It also has an area that is a fishing village. It has a tavern, a movie theater,a fishing boat this is decorated for Christmas. It usually has a skating pond. The animated one I gave to the little guys.......but, I can have one that is still......thats ok.
I have to go look up where my village pictures are.........

Old 11-08-2008, 06:07 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,432,467 times
Quote:
My village is like a regular town. All the town shops, church, train station, pet shop......It also has an area that is a fishing village. It has a tavern, a movie theater,a fishing boat this is decorated for Christmas. It usually has a skating pond. The animated one I gave to the little guys.......but, I can have one that is still......thats ok.
I have to go look up where my village pictures are.........
Last year for his Xmas present I made Bill a "village" for his Polar Express train set. It took me 5 months to build, but turned out pretty cool!!

I did all the wiring & got some old-fashioned cool signs that are animated (like a percolator pouring coffee & a Breyer's Ice Cream billboard that changes logo).

Here's some shots of when I was building it & I'll put up a few of the finished product in another post...

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-11-2009 at 06:58 AM..

Old 11-08-2008, 06:15 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,570,142 times
Quote:
Gosh Enya has a bunch of cats on Utube......One named Shelby is so cute and it use to be feral!
And the talking parrot......our laughing we should say.
How is Shelby cat doing now? It seems to be happy as an indoor cat now. How cute!
Shelby is doing wonderful now!! He was quite pathetic when he came to us...1.1 lb. and very, very sick. He is very healthy now. My husband has some updated videos of him under his name on there, joshuacolgan is the user name if you want to check them out. He's got several videos of our other cats on there too I think....and I think I even make an appearance in one of them

Old 11-08-2008, 06:18 PM

Default Part of the scene

I don't see the skating pond...but this is some of the scene...the fishing village is not shown either......I'll have to get a better shot this year.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Shelby is doing wonderful now!! He was quite pathetic when he came to us...1.1 lb. and very, very sick. He is very healthy now. My husband has some updated videos of him under his name on there, joshuacolgan is the user name if you want to check them out. He's got several videos of our other cats on there too I think....and I think I even make an appearance in one of them
Enya, I saw you and the Shelby cat........and yes the parrot copies your laugh quite well ( that was the Parrot huh?)

Jungle George the village is beautiful. My night photo Shutterfly seems to not want me to copy. I am fighting the process.......calling them names
I love the company, but.........geez I am trying to just show one of my photos please.....
Are you going through that entire process again? I am going Tall and Small this year.........LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania