Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 12:35 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,582,806 times

Advertisements

Hey all..hope you're all enjoying your Saturday! I'm headed to the Bartolai winery soon (may run into Coartist!). In the meantime, I made this (wayyy too much time on my hands..lol). These are 5 of my 6 kitties, Cosmo, Linus, Shelby, Dexter and Joplin and they wanted me to share their "performance" with you all ElfYourself by OfficeMax - Powered by JibJab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 03:02 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Hey all..hope you're all enjoying your Saturday! I'm headed to the Bartolai winery soon (may run into Coartist!). In the meantime, I made this (wayyy too much time on my hands..lol). These are 5 of my 6 kitties, Cosmo, Linus, Shelby, Dexter and Joplin and they wanted me to share their "performance" with you all ElfYourself by OfficeMax - Powered by JibJab
You just missed us! I made it to meet up with Coartist88 and his lovely wife at around 3:40 PM. We chatted for a while and had a great time at the beautiful winery for about twenty minutes before they left (they had been there since around 3). I left about five minutes later. They had an excellent turn-out at this event! The winery is run by three brothers that are probably all in their 40s-50s and their 80-year-old father (who doesn't look a day over 67!) They had a guy playing a guitar and singing, some great food, and some great wine (or so I heard---I didn't want to drink and drive). I even bumped into my parents' best friends from Duryea as well.

I'll definitely be up to saunter around when the "hype" cools off. The parking lot was filled beyond capacity, so I parked along Coolidge Avenue. It will be great to have a winery literally 15 minutes from my home up beautiful Route 92!

Old 11-15-2008, 03:05 PM

By the way that video was fantastic!!! I laughed so hard! I'm going to find a mug shot somewhere of weluvpa and paste his head on all of the elves now! HAHA! I love JibJab! My favorite video by them is still Big Box Mart!

Old 11-15-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
You just missed us! I made it to meet up with Coartist88 and his lovely wife at around 3:40 PM. We chatted for a while and had a great time at the beautiful winery for about twenty minutes before they left (they had been there since around 3). I left about five minutes later. They had an excellent turn-out at this event! The winery is run by three brothers that are probably all in their 40s-50s and their 80-year-old father (who doesn't look a day over 67!) They had a guy playing a guitar and singing, some great food, and some great wine (or so I heard---I didn't want to drink and drive). I even bumped into my parents' best friends from Duryea as well.

I'll definitely be up to saunter around when the "hype" cools off. The parking lot was filled beyond capacity, so I parked along Coolidge Avenue. It will be great to have a winery literally 15 minutes from my home up beautiful Route 92!
Oh DARN!!! We were running late, and then we got lost I had hoped maybe Coartist would still be there, but now I'm doubly mad at myself for missing you too! The place was packed! We ended up with quite a few bottles of wine (I loved the Arturo the best) and some olive oil (the unfiltered one was our favorite). Also, I must have had like 5 of those cookies that were at the bar...they were soooooo good!!

Old 11-15-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Oh DARN!!! We were running late, and then we got lost I had hoped maybe Coartist would still be there, but now I'm doubly mad at myself for missing you too! The place was packed! We ended up with quite a few bottles of wine (I loved the Arturo the best) and some olive oil (the unfiltered one was our favorite). Also, I must have had like 5 of those cookies that were at the bar...they were soooooo good!!
That place was wonderful! I guess Coartist88 and his fabulous wife already met the Bartolai family prior to this afternoon, as they came right over to us as we wished them well. The elderly man (the father) was so happy! After decades his life-long dream had finally come true; what loving sons he has to have made this a reality for him!

I didn't purchase anything (yet). My parents are vacationing in Lancaster County, and I believe they were hitting up Nissley Vineyards down that way. More than likely they'll be bringing a few more bottles home to add to our growing collection. Viticulture, anyone?

The family owns a restaurant in Old Forge as well. I don't believe I've ever eaten there though. I'm liking this place even more now that I have learned the family is actually from my hometown of Pittston Twp. as well, the Cork Lane neighborhood to be exact, which is literally walking distance from my own home in the Butler Heights section.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:01 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,452,072 times
Quote:
That was a great video Enya!! You can call it "Caturday Night Fever"!!! (whoops....you're not old enough to remember the original!!)

A friend of ours sent us the "hairy guys hula-ing" one a few months back with our faces on them!! Talk about scary!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
That was a great video Enya!! You can call it "Caturday Night Fever"!!! (whoops....you're not old enough to remember the original!!)

A friend of ours sent us the "hairy guys hula-ing" one a few months back with our faces on them!! Talk about scary!!!
Caturday Night Fever!!! Ahahahahaha!!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 08:00 PM

Well, I spent over 2 hours today trying to catch one of our Cuban tree frogs that got in the house....

We have our front door (the porch is screened in) open to get the breeze, & the tree frogs & the lizards squish under the weatherstripping on the bottom of the screen door & get in... We don't mind, it's just that if they don't get back outside in a day or so, they end up dehydrating!! I've found little lizard "mummies" every now & then while cleaning!! Poor things!!

I finally caught him & put him back outside on one of the garage lights, so he posed for me....

Just another normal day in Florida...

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-11-2009 at 05:58 AM..

Old 11-16-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
So my daughter called, she put the lights on the house up in NY. Her neighbor came by and she said, Merry Christmas_____.! She thinks she might be the first in the neighborhood, no less perhaps the FIRST in the STATE of NY. LOLOL ( PS they are not lit yet, I think anyhow)
Our neighbor down the street must think like your daughter!!

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-11-2009 at 05:58 AM..

Old 11-16-2008, 07:35 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Paul, I googled Big Box Store from Jib Jab as I hadn't seen that one before. It's great! So true too. Might have to pass that one around the office on Monday.

EnyaGirl, love the elf cats! That was hysterical. I should do one with my four cats and the parrot! If I do, I'll post it!

Hey, have you all ever done a planned City Data meet and greet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania