Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 06:27 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
So are you all getting four inches more of snow tonight? Someone mentioned that to me............
I had two cars back home not make it up my driveway today. It is ice under the snow.
The plowers last year wanted one arm and one leg to plow it. It melted one week later..........so glad I just salted and sanded myself.
Its been a cold and snowy time this winter in NEPA hasn't it? Any records broken? I think some have come close...........
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
The next day or two Summ...will be record breakers. And YES! There is a ton of ice under the snow...not good for the hilly driveways! I have heard of so many snow birds who decided to leave this week to beat the weather we are expecting. Aside from getting the dog out...at which time I start the car...I'm planning on staying in!! 1 - 3 inches predicted by WNEP...and a low of minus 1 tomorrow night!
After dealing with your single-digits & windchills for only 2 days, my heart goes out to you guys!! It's 52 here & I'm cold!! I always hated January & February!! (yes, there's actually 2 things that Jungle George DOES "hate") I can tolerate a lotta things, but that type of cold is beyond me...

Y'all stay warm (well Mrs. Summering, you're a little warmer, but stay warm anyway) & be careful when you go outside!!! (that "crying" smiley should have ice cubes coming out instead of tears!!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 04:33 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
Saw this joke today and it gave me a chuckle

I like fruit baskets because a fruit basket enables you to mail somebody fruit without appearing insane. If you just mailed somebody some apples they'd be like, "What the heck is this?" But if you put those apples in a basket they're like, "Hey, this is nice!"

Old 01-15-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Saw this joke today and it gave me a chuckle

I like fruit baskets because a fruit basket enables you to mail somebody fruit without appearing insane. If you just mailed somebody some apples they'd be like, "What the heck is this?" But if you put those apples in a basket they're like, "Hey, this is nice!"
Speaking of fruits & a chuckle....

YouTube - Trinity

Old 01-16-2009, 02:09 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,150 times
Hey, all my friends in NEPA!

We made it. Things didn't go as planned. We were to land in St. Thomas yesterday afternoon around 2 p.m. We finally arrived at the STT airport at 1:30 a.m. today. Long story, but Philly announced a 'ground stop' while they were de-icng the plane in Scranton. We couldn't land in Philly, so we sat on the plane in Scranton. We finally arrived at the gate in Philly just in time to see them closing the doors on our booked flight. We spent about 4 hours in the airport in Philly and 6 six hours sitting in Miami. But, all things considered, we were much better off than those folks on the wings of the USAir flight in the Hudson River. What an amazing story that is!!!!

Dan, Wally's Love Shack is now Duffy's Love Shack. We didn't make a stop there today, but went around through Red Hook after we went to see if the Toad and Tart was open for lunch. It wasn't, so we ended up at Iggy's. We had a great lunch in a very friendly setting! The bartender is from Pottsville.....or Pottstown. I always get them mixed up. Guess I'll just have to go back there and chat with him again. Nice kid!

I see you guys are awfully cold up there. My body seems to miss the cold. It's warmmmmmmm......well, it's not so cold here. I can see people swimming in the surf below our balcony.

Stay warm and safe, Everyone! Oh...and Jungle George....put on a sweater. 52 degress is too cold for your sensitive bod!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:32 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Oh yikes, I just lost the entire posting............grrrrrrrrrr
So glad you landed in that nice warm place, and its wonderful you left Old Man Winter behind......

Old 01-17-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
We made it.
Stay warm and safe, Everyone! Oh...and Jungle George....put on a sweater. 52 degress is too cold for your sensitive bod!
Hey rockky balboa!! Glad you made it there safe & sound!! (see...all ya had to do was click them heels together....)

It's 48 out now....thermal shirt & hoodie are in place for my "sensitive bod"!!

I saw these guys when I took Chica out this morning...they "honk" (in different tones) as they're rutting around looking for lizards & frogs, & it's funny to hear....honk, hink, hank, HONK, hink....etc....

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-28-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 01-17-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Oh, & here's the windows all done...

Last edited by Jungle George; 04-28-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 01-18-2009, 09:41 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
The birds look like the Ibis JG......We carved one once and added the legs that were done with twine and three pieces......Hard to explain but it came out great.
We have those ducks here that are the "ugly ducks" I don't know their real name......Black, white and red.
Raining here today, back home in the Hide Out......8" of snow. I know it, I know it......JG has 80 and he's in the pool.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
The birds look like the Ibis JG......We carved one once and added the legs that were done with twine and three pieces......Hard to explain but it came out great.
We have those ducks here that are the "ugly ducks" I don't know their real name......Black, white and red.
Raining here today, back home in the Hide Out......8" of snow. I know it, I know it......JG has 80 and he's in the pool.
Yep, they're ibis!! We call 'em "tropical chickens"!!

No, it only made it to 72 today, & the pool water's a "refreshing" 52!!! Y'all ain't gonna catch me dippin' my toes in that!!! Even when the pool's 82, it's fine on the feet, fine on the calves, fine on the thighs, but when ya get to that "magical" spot...OY!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 04:35 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,129,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Oh, & here's the windows all done...

the stained glass windows are awesome...my friend in montrose has stained glass windows in his house...the front entrance..they look great...
probably from the early 1900's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania