U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,321 posts, read 21,838,147 times
Reputation: 11689

Advertisements

I noticed that Maine, and a few other states, had their very own
OFF Topic thread....A place to go for family things, home interests,photos,general thoughts....A place to settle in when there is no issues on the plate....Somethings you'd like to ask or get information for.
So whatevers on your mind.............here is the place.........have fun.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 PM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,321 posts, read 21,838,147 times
Reputation: 11689
Summerings half way into the sack........But, I'll try to add some photos early on tomorrow.
I spent half the night on faceb......k as my girls all asked me into their pages. Now, extended friends of theirs have also invited me. Their friends from high school, college, our old neighborhood friends.
Everytime I get an invitation it just gives me such a thrill. I know my kids love me, but to have their friends want to include me too..........just heartwarming. I'm so warmed up by it.........
So how was everyones day, as our weather is chillin' up? Are your holiday plans coming along?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 09:48 PM
 
Location: Dallas, PA
1,418 posts, read 3,422,854 times
Reputation: 602
I'd send you an invite on Faceb***k if I knew your name, Summering If you want, send me a DM...I'll give ya a thrill! lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 07:51 AM
 
2,473 posts, read 5,247,404 times
Reputation: 1204
What a nice idea Mrs. Summering!!! Thank you!!

I have to tell y'all a story from last year this time....

It was gonna be the 1st Xmas w/o my mom around, so I wanted an "old-fashioned memories" type Xmas like from when I was a kid. I only had a few old glass ornaments left that made it through the years, so I found a bunch lot for sale on Ebay.

While I was searching, I came across this candle that I'd forgot all about...I'm SURE you "old" folks (as ScranBarre ALWAYS seems to remind us) like me remember it. In school we used to sell them to raise money for the convent & school. (anybody out there remember the Scholastic Book Club too??)

They were in the shape of a brandy snifter & were covered outside with glitter & came in all different colors & had a fake piece of holly 'round the stem. I remembered bringing 2 home & selling a bunch more to neighbors in our tenement.

Well, long story short, I bought it & when I opened the box & pulled it out I was SO disappointed!! It was TINY!!! I thought "this can't be the same thing 'cause the ones I remember were really large!!

Then it sunk in....no, they weren't larger. It was that my hand was so much smaller at the time!!

It was a strange to think about that, & now that y'all think I'm weird.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Marshall-Shadeland, Pittsburgh, PA
32,219 posts, read 74,202,066 times
Reputation: 18404
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
I'd send you an invite on Faceb***k if I knew your name, Summering If you want, send me a DM...I'll give ya a thrill! lol
Here's another proud Facebooker as well! I think there might still be a link to it from my MySpace profile, which I believe is still linked through my City-Data profile. Love making new friends!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,321 posts, read 21,838,147 times
Reputation: 11689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
What a nice idea Mrs. Summering!!! Thank you!!

I have to tell y'all a story from last year this time....

It was gonna be the 1st Xmas w/o my mom around, so I wanted an "old-fashioned memories" type Xmas like from when I was a kid. I only had a few old glass ornaments left that made it through the years, so I found a bunch lot for sale on Ebay.

While I was searching, I came across this candle that I'd forgot all about...I'm SURE you "old" folks (as ScranBarre ALWAYS seems to remind us) like me remember it. In school we used to sell them to raise money for the convent & school. (anybody out there remember the Scholastic Book Club too??)

They were in the shape of a brandy snifter & were covered outside with glitter & came in all different colors & had a fake piece of holly 'round the stem. I remembered bringing 2 home & selling a bunch more to neighbors in our tenement.

Well, long story short, I bought it & when I opened the box & pulled it out I was SO disappointed!! It was TINY!!! I thought "this can't be the same thing 'cause the ones I remember were really large!!

Then it sunk in....no, they weren't larger. It was that my hand was so much smaller at the time!!

It was a strange to think about that, & now that y'all think I'm weird.....
That was a beautiful story and it really gave me tears........Memories can do that. But, I am trying to remember those??? Does it mean I am not that OLD?.........I do remember the bubble lights, and now finally they have come out with them in the last few years. I use to sit and stare at them a big while. I remember I use to ask my Mom why we couldn't put candles on the ends of the branches, like in the "olden" days.......she would giggle.
I guess that just was NOT a good idea.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,321 posts, read 21,838,147 times
Reputation: 11689
Enya...........I'll be giving that info. to ya' in just a moment
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Sunshine N'Blue Skies
13,321 posts, read 21,838,147 times
Reputation: 11689
Everything gets so festive on the Holidays. This is our entrance foyer area. I am moving the dining to the family room.......the family members are growing . I think I will give each little fellow a nutcracker. They just love them. To tell you the truth, I have never liked the faces on them at all. But, I think perhaps its a "boys" thing. The little guys took them home and put them right next to their beds.......
Now I have to keep adding to their collections. That is fun to do.......even though I'm not in love with the Nutcracker faces.....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Dallas, PA
1,418 posts, read 3,422,854 times
Reputation: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Everything gets so festive on the Holidays. This is our entrance foyer area. I am moving the dining to the family room.......the family members are growing . I think I will give each little fellow a nutcracker. They just love them. To tell you the truth, I have never liked the faces on them at all. But, I think perhaps its a "boys" thing. The little guys took them home and put them right next to their beds.......
Now I have to keep adding to their collections. That is fun to do.......even though I'm not in love with the Nutcracker faces.....
LOL you are so funny....beautiful foyer...I can't wait to decorate for our first holidays in the new house....but we're not sure if we can get a tree this year with 6 cats...afraid at least one of them will knock it down! I guess we could tie it to a wall....that should be interesting! lol.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2008, 10:49 AM
 
2,473 posts, read 5,247,404 times
Reputation: 1204
They're having the annual airshow here & the past 2 days the fighter jets have been practicing their loop-de-loops & it's really giving me a headache!!

The whole house shakes & the windows keep rattling...

Amazing to watch, but OY!!! Can't wait 'til it's over!!!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top