Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,803,885 times

Advertisements

We have the vacation spot in WLE which is near the Hideout. We do not have cable. Hoenstly, its great without it. We watch dvd's and play the Wii. But thats it.

Surely a vacation place is one without all the added things that have become necessities.

d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 01:39 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,760,727 times
Most Hideout residents have cable. I have seen a few satellite dishes, but no antenas. Adams cable is the provider. I also use them for internet service.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:49 AM

127 posts, read 282,843 times
Apparently two registered sex offenders reside in The Hideout. Does not sound like a very safe community any longer.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:24 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisNY View Post
Apparently two registered sex offenders reside in The Hideout. Does not sound like a very safe community any longer.
It doesn't concern me in the least....where would your children be that you wolud have to be concerend with this?? Besides...when you go to any community...there are people at the pools, beaches...how do you know their back ground?? And the majority of sex offenders haven't been caught....the caught one's are way more cautious...Our security force is well aware of these individuals also.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
I would be more worried about the UNREGISTERED sex offenders living ANYWHERE - you don't know WHO they are or WHERE they are living. They could be your kids' scout master, math teacher, bus driver, guidance counselor, priest, pastor, youth worker. (Pastors, boy scout leader, and bus driver pedophiles have all been caught here in lovely Wayne & Pike County over the past 20 years. Two of them were people I knew and was horrified when the news came out, because I never would have guessed it. One of them was the husband of a friend of mine, and I had suspected something was wrong because of the bizarre way the little girl acted around him, and I wished I had spoken up to the police when I first suspected something....he never got found out until two years after my suspicions were first aroused, but I had nothing to go on but my "gut instinct.")

Sex offenders can be anywhere. They live in Wayne County, they live in Pike County. They live in the country and they live in the city. I'll bet there are some in WLE, Masthope, Tanglwood, and/or Hemlock Farms, too.

Keep an eye on your children, be aware of who is spending time with them and why.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:46 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
I would be more worried about the UNREGISTERED sex offenders living ANYWHERE - you don't know WHO they are or WHERE they are living. They could be your kids' scout master, math teacher, bus driver, guidance counselor, priest, pastor, youth worker. (Pastors, boy scout leader, and bus driver pedophiles have all been caught here in lovely Wayne & Pike County over the past 20 years. Two of them were people I knew and was horrified when the news came out, because I never would have guessed it. One of them was the husband of a friend of mine, and I had suspected something was wrong because of the bizarre way the little girl acted around him, and I wished I had spoken up to the police when I first suspected something....he never got found out until two years after my suspicions were first aroused, but I had nothing to go on but my "gut instinct.")

Sex offenders can be anywhere. They live in Wayne County, they live in Pike County. They live in the country and they live in the city. I'll bet there are some in WLE, Masthope, Tanglwood, and/or Hemlock Farms, too.

Keep an eye on your children, be aware of who is spending time with them and why.

The one that lived in Tanglwood is now in state prison. He was a a former priest. Forget about communities, many of them are family members.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
It doesn't concern me in the least....where would your children be that you wolud have to be concerend with this?? Besides...when you go to any community...there are people at the pools, beaches...how do you know their back ground?? And the majority of sex offenders haven't been caught....the caught one's are way more cautious...Our security force is well aware of these individuals also.
And what do the security forces do? Drive aroud the community once in a blue moon?

Old 07-20-2009, 02:08 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,541 times
Well, if you spend any amount of time in The Hideout it's impossible to miss the security cars. I was in there showing houses today for about two hours, and I saw security cars three different times.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
Well, if you spend any amount of time in The Hideout it's impossible to miss the security cars. I was in there showing houses today for about two hours, and I saw security cars three different times.
Agree, they do drive around.

At the same time, one of the sellers ( a sweet old lady) warned me that she had a break in in the back of the house a few month ago.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:29 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisNY View Post
And what do the security forces do? Drive aroud the community once in a blue moon?
I have lived in The Hideout and still have friends there and I can say it is very safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania