Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:32 PM

936 posts, read 2,396,784 times

Advertisements

The Hideout is very safe. I feel comfortable leaving my doors and windows open. I have even went out and left them open. The security is always patroling. And to Boris, there is crime everywhere you go, unfortunatley .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 05:54 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisNY View Post
Agree, they do drive around.

At the same time, one of the sellers ( a sweet old lady) warned me that she had a break in in the back of the house a few month ago.

Even with security you do have break-ins. Security is good and a great deterrent, but they can not be in every single spot all of the time. The kids use walkie talkies and they have looks out spotting security.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,134 times
Crime will happen anywhere and everywhere. Sorry, that's the way it is. Someone stole a GPS unit out of my friend's car, in her own driveway - and she was in a rather quiet development, nothing like Hideout or WLE....someone came up her LONG DRIVEWAY while they were HOME and just took it out of her car.

Another friend left her digital camera on her porch while she went for a walk. When she got back, the camera was gone. This was not in a development, and it was not in an open space where there's lots of foot traffic - someone deliberately came there when they knew she was gone. Neighbor? Probably. Rather crummy thing to do....

Lesson learned: beware. wherever you are.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:53 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
Quote:
And what do the security forces do? Drive aroud the community once in a blue moon?

Security presence driving around is a deterrent. The Hideout has a good security force as does WLE. They respond quickly not only to calls but are great responders for medical attention.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:42 PM

20 posts, read 59,379 times
The Hideout website says there are approximately 3,000 home in the Hideout. Is that still accurate ? Also, does anyone know how many buildable lots are in the Hideout ?
Thanks

Old 08-12-2009, 04:09 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,007,134 times
As of the current tax records, which are up to date until the end of May 2009, there are 3,192 improved properties in the Hideout - meaning there is some kind of improvement on the lot. Some of these definitely belong to the association (club house, maintenance buildings, lodge, etc.)

There are 990 properties listed as vacant land. About 82 of these also belong to the community (green space, golf course, etc.).

Currently there are about 69 vacant land pieces listed for sale in The Hideout - I do not know how many of them are suitable for building.

There are also several up for tax sale (Judicial sale is this Friday at the Wayne County Courthouse.) I would be leery of these without thorough research though - you could end up buying something that is worthless, or worse....something that will end up costing a lot of money in the long run.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:27 PM

20 posts, read 59,379 times
Thank you, KarenRice, I appreciate the info.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 AM

8 posts, read 15,923 times
Quote:
Apparently two registered sex offenders reside in The Hideout. Does not sound like a very safe community any longer.
That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. Two registered sex offenders within five square miles. If you are right then no American city is a safe place to live. I suppose you can always live in a hole in the ground...

Old 08-16-2009, 08:07 AM

8 posts, read 15,923 times
Quote:
Agree, they do drive around.

At the same time, one of the sellers ( a sweet old lady) warned me that she had a break in in the back of the house a few month ago.
You know, borisNY, I'm beginning to think you're just a troll. Nothing you've said thus far is consistent with either my experience at the Hideout or those of other people I know there. A troll or a curmudgeon. Either way someone to be ignored.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 PM

4 posts, read 7,935 times
Hi,
Are there any senior citizens in the Hideout? Is is a good place for them?
from A Time to Live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania