Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:00 AM

537 posts, read 1,332,357 times

Advertisements

Everyone was fast asleep. Then the dogs were annoyed. I heard knocking and dreaded the idea of opening the door to the cold, bad news. What else could it be? The police officer wanted the owner of the blue car. I said that it belonged to my girlfriend and invited the officer inside. I tried waking Lori. Finally I told her she had to go downstairs and speak to the officer. She replied with "Why don't YOU take care of it?" I then told her that her car was hit!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 05:08 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
Everyone was fast asleep. Then the dogs were annoyed. I heard knocking and dreaded the idea of opening the door to the cold, bad news. What else could it be? The police officer wanted the owner of the blue car. I said that it belonged to my girlfriend and invited the officer inside. I tried waking Lori. Finally I told her she had to go downstairs and speak to the officer. She replied with "Why don't YOU take care of it?" I then told her that her car was hit!
Oh nice. Sorry you have to go through this!! Seems nobody takes responsibility for their actions anymore!!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:21 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriKenArtist View Post
Oh man, that sucks. Probably someone drunk.

When I lived in an apartment complex in NJ, I came out one morning to find a huge dent in my drivers side door. Someone hit me and didn't leave a note or anything. I then noticed on the inside of the scratch, some silver paint with yellow on the edges. I waited until that night when everyone was home from work and it was dark out, and took a flashlight outside and began inspecting other people's cars in the lot. Sure enough, wayy on the other side of the lot I found a silver car with what must have been a yellow primer underneath with a big gash out of the rear end of their car matching the size and shape of the scratch on mine perfectly. I called the police and told them I believed this person had hit my car. They sent a squad car over, and the officer agreed. He confronted the guy and the guy denied it. The officer said there was really nothing they could do because the guy wasn't owning up to hitting my car, and it's not like they do paint sample matches...after all, this isn't CSI, this is the Parsippany P.D...lol. Well apparently the guy got spooked, because a half hour later the officer knocked on my apartment door to tell me the guy called back and confessed. Said he didn't remember hitting the car, but after he "thought about it for a while" he "may have" hit something when he was backing up the other morning. Anyway, I ended up needing a totally new car door panel and the damage was over $1200 so I'm really happy I got the guy's insurance to take care of it.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM

513 posts, read 1,080,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
Oh man, that sucks. Probably someone drunk.
... took a flashlight outside and began inspecting other people's cars in the lot.
You go girl!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:10 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_NePA View Post
You go girl!
LOL!! I was just gonna post that same thing!!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:50 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,393 times
Sorry to hear about this Ken. Thankfully no one was outside to get hit though. Car parts can be replaced, though it will be a pain.

This happened to my parent's car back when we lived in Smithtown, NY. They guy was drunk and took out several mail boxes before hitting my parent's car so hard, it pushed it across the yard. He backed up, hit it again, then got out and walked away! I know they caught him and towed his car away, but I was too young to worry about things like insurance and such. I just know we got a new car after that, because it was totalled.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:51 PM

203 posts, read 577,387 times
As tight as that street is, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, especially at Fair time.
Did he just see it driving by or did someone else hear/see it?

Old 11-26-2008, 05:14 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
Any resolution on this? There had to be damage to other car, enough to end up in a body shop.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:27 PM

537 posts, read 1,332,357 times
Default Students saw it......

We have two houses with University students. One from each house saw it happen. Police were called and responded immediately. Just today one student said steam or smoke was coming from the car after the impact. No luck yet!

Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
I had a drunk driver hit my 1ton diesel crewcab at 60mph...While it was parked. He hit it so hard that he drove thru my hedges into the yard, about 10 feet. He back up and took off, his car caught fire after one block and the police followed the oil trail and the car was later found in a yard burning..

Well he was 18 and stole moms car and was drunk...The nightmare was dealing with the insurance companies after...His dropped him because he stole the car without permission from mom and mine wouldn't cover alot of things.....

Ended up in court, sued the kid, mom and insurance companies....Got the truck fixed COMPLETELY out of pocket and then was reimbursed after I won the lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania