Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:20 AM

164 posts, read 383,058 times

Advertisements

Ashley I think that you may be confused ... it was not Scranberre that has been banned ... it was Southwb ... two different posters. I hope that makes your day better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 06:10 AM

201 posts, read 536,889 times
Oh good! That makes me feel better. I never saw SouthWB cause any problems. Unless I am confused again. LOL.
Ok I was confused with W-Bproud. Sorry about that.

Last edited by ashley19; 12-02-2008 at 07:35 AM..

Old 12-02-2008, 06:52 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,372,112 times
He prob. wouldn't have been banned unless there were major problems coming from his account and unfortunately there were, in the previous days, in fact that's what drew a lot of attention to it, they were totally off-the-wall and very bizarre.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,568,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I banned him myself for random trolling and insults, all over the forum. He claimed his account has been hijacked by some weird religious sect, yet posted normal posts at the same time these "weird" posts appeared...
Whatever his reason was to do what he did, we cannot tolerate this type of behavior. After several warnings and infractions from several mods things only got worse.
Yac.
But what if his account was in fact hijacked, and while whoever hijacked it was making the bizarre posts, he was able to also sign in and make posts as himself as well? It doesn't make sense why he would make those posts and at the same time, appeal to the board and mods for help. He's (or she's?) been a poster here for a while, and I hope there's some way it can be straightened out.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:00 AM

32,770 posts, read 35,991,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnyaGirl View Post
But what if his account was in fact hijacked, and while whoever hijacked it was making the bizarre posts, he was able to also sign in and make posts as himself as well? It doesn't make sense why he would make those posts and at the same time, appeal to the board and mods for help. He's (or she's?) been a poster here for a while, and I hope there's some way it can be straightened out.
Yep, my husband found a keystroke logger on one of his computers some time ago. If SWB has been hacked, s/he needs to possibly reformat and get some better protection on that computer.

I picked up something really nasty on my computer not long ago. The beast was blocking the transfer or dumping of data and pretty much any attempt to reformat. It didn't show up on any scan (many). My son, who fixes for quite a few people, said he'd never seen anything like it. Still can't get some of my peripherals to work. There are some warped people out there.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:22 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,752,146 times
Quote:
That should be easy enough for them to tell....check the IP adresses from the posts.

I highly doubt there's a wacky religious sect out there hijacking a city-data account.....if this was the case, wouldn't it have happened to more people than just "Southwb?"

Old 12-02-2008, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
That should be easy enough for them to tell....check the IP adresses from the posts.
There is plenty of software out there that allows you to fake IP addresses.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,428,929 times
Quote:
Those posts under his name reminded me of that episode of South Park where Cartman learns he can "fake" Tourette's Syndrome & get away with cursing...

Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,752,146 times
Quote:

I can't believe anyone would go to that much trouble just to post wacky fake posts under someone's city-data login....

Old 12-02-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I can't believe anyone would go to that much trouble just to post wacky fake posts under someone's city-data login....
You really never know the lengths some people will go to. I had an internet stalker a couple years ago, a seriously crazy woman. I had met her on another forum I used to post on and she really had it out for me. She went to my modeling website and made all sorts of crazy posts on my guestbook, tried to hack my MySpace page, etc. She searched me out on the net, somehow got hold of my name and phone number and everything. Some people are that obssessive, and coming from someone who has experienced it personally, it is quite scary. I had to change my screen names everywhere and to this day I fear she could be reading my posts somewhere. So I totally believe someone would go to such lengths to ruin someone's reputation, and with the tools available to do it these days, it's really not all that difficult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania