Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 03:07 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,596,211 times

Advertisements

I thought it would be nice for us all to take pictures of our homes bedecked for the upcoming Holiday season in order to share them with others on our forum. I just finished about 75% of our home's exterior and have now just come inside to grab some dinner, but I'll whip out the camera over the next few days to show you all the completed results once I get our animated reindeer, blinking tree, and other things finished. Since our home sits at a "T" intersection I thought it would be nice to finally invest in a nice nativity set as well so that motorists headed up the hill will face the manger scene their entire way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 03:17 PM

Default Work in Progress

Well bear in mind that I still have a lot of work to accomplish until our home looks like the Griswold's, but here's a sampling to give others the motivation to snap a picture or two of your own homes.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:20 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,661,012 times
Ok, I will do that soon ..............
I am doing a bunch less this year. I think I might have decided that when the enormous electric bill hit in January......" Revolt"
But, I will take a few of the decorations around here..........I might be finished by tomorrow.
I have been rearranging the mantle three times over.
Friday night I have three little fellows sleeping over, because Saturday is breakfast with Mr and Mrs Claus. Gosh, the busy season is upon us in all its glory.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:21 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Well bear in mind that I still have a lot of work to accomplish until our home looks like the Griswold's, but here's a sampling to give others the motivation to snap a picture or two of your own homes.
Looks great!! I forgot how much earlier it gets dark up by y'all!! Here it's still light out!!

Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
Looks great!! I forgot how much earlier it gets dark up by y'all!! Here it's still light out!!
Thanks! Yep, it's been pitch black here now for a while already. It's depressing for people like my father, who leaves the house in the darkness for work in Scranton at about 7 AM and doesn't get home until 4 PM, when the darkness is nearly upon us once again. LOL! We have what I like to call a "seizure tree" to put up yet. I bought it at Target about three years ago. It's a white, six-foot metal tree with a whole bunch of lights that can be adjusted to different modes. I usually put it on the crazy mode to try to distract drivers! LOL! We also have two reindeer that light up. One grazes, and one moves its head back and forth (although last year it got stuck and just kind of "twitched" for a while!) LOL!

Old 12-03-2008, 03:26 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,644 times
I put up a tree with lights in our vacant bedroom that sits right off the street but haven't put ornaments yet LOL. At least in the dark when you drive down the street people see it.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:27 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,644 times
Scranbarre, I like the piece right over the front door and the classic candy cane lane.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:34 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,453,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
one moves its head back and forth (although last year it got stuck and just kind of "twitched" for a while!)
Sounds like me trying to get outta bed in the morning!!! Getting stuck, twitching awhile......

It's HELL gettin' old!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 03:46 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,128,813 times
I'm going to celebrate FESTIVUS this year..no decorations....

http://bestsmileys.com/christmas5/24.gif (broken link)

Old 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
I'm going to celebrate FESTIVUS this year..no decorations....
The Scrooge of Floral Park! LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania