Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 10:02 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times

Advertisements

This afternoon we are going out to look at houses...again! I feel like I have no idea what the heck I am doing. We are now looking in North Scranton and Tripps Park. My hubby is being a real pita (pain in the arse) about different things. I think now that he is back on his home turf, he doesn't want to leave it.

My son loves his school so much, I do not want to change it. It looks like I am just going to go with the flow for the two of them. When I run off with my boy toy I will get my dream house! LOl, jk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 04:42 AM

164 posts, read 384,879 times
House hunting can be a real challenge ... I have been hunting for that perfect home for 3 years now ... and I'm trying and trying to find the right house in NS ... but I'm really not in a hurry ... I know that as soon as I find it I will know it ... Now my Guy ... he's easier to please than I am ... all he cares about is that it has a den and a Garage ... although if the garage is big enough he will forget about the den ... me I'm looking at the kitchens ... and the bathrooms ... making sure there is ample storage ... but the biggest thing I think for me is that I get a feeling that I belong in the house ... afterall it will be the last place I live ... had a house not so long ago ... it burned ... and I just do not enjoy being a renter at all!

Good luck with your search ... I know how hard it is!

Old 12-06-2008, 02:08 PM

No luck, I am really amazed at what some people are trying to sell.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:16 PM

858 posts, read 3,043,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
No luck, I am really amazed at what some people are trying to sell.
Look at the bright side!! You didnt spend any money yet!!

Old 12-06-2008, 07:50 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,763,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusOnlyVoice View Post
House hunting can be a real challenge ... I have been hunting for that perfect home for 3 years now ... and I'm trying and trying to find the right house in NS ... but I'm really not in a hurry ... I know that as soon as I find it I will know it ... Now my Guy ... he's easier to please than I am ... all he cares about is that it has a den and a Garage ... although if the garage is big enough he will forget about the den ... me I'm looking at the kitchens ... and the bathrooms ... making sure there is ample storage ... but the biggest thing I think for me is that I get a feeling that I belong in the house ... afterall it will be the last place I live ... had a house not so long ago ... it burned ... and I just do not enjoy being a renter at all!

Good luck with your search ... I know how hard it is!
sure you don't want to live in The hideout??
I have an 800 sq ft garage with 9 ft ceilings!!!

And a gorgeous kitchen with a wall of windows!!!!

Old 12-06-2008, 09:54 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
sure you don't want to live in The hideout??
I have an 800 sq ft garage with 9 ft ceilings!!!

And a gorgeous kitchen with a wall of windows!!!!
Why don't you and NYRangers 2008 do a house swap? You want to move a bit closer to the city to be nearer to your daughters, and he wants to leave the city faster than a bat out of hell (and loves The Hideout!) Problem solved!

Old 12-07-2008, 01:31 PM

My eldest son and I would love the hideout, hubby said it is a no go.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Look at the bright side!! You didnt spend any money yet!!
True, true! lol I just hate paying rent, I think once you owned a home it is hard to go back to renting. I want to do what I want to do to the place.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:48 PM

183 posts, read 521,306 times
Default Ugh

My NJ condo sold last week. I have two tractor trailer loads professionally moved into storage and I'm in a dreadful motel that permits my dogs. Life is morose.

I've seen 52 properties since Tuesday.

It's apparent that there are two situations available for sale in this market: foreclosures or properties belonging to people who are selling in order to upgrade.

The foreclosures tend to be destroyed by neglect, vandalism and rage. I saw properties where every door, fixture, electrical outlet, cabinet, etc were torn out and the walls are covered with painted words. These aren't projects: they're renovations for a lifetime.

It's frightening. I need to be in a house soon.

I put in an offer Tuesday on the only livable property I could find and am eagerly awaiting a reply from Fannie Mae. I put in for a Wednesday closing.

If it's any consolation, there was a time before my being a substantial white collar crime victim where I afforded expensive mansions. It wasn't any easier then to find a great house. To find one with everything we want is impossible in any price range.

Best wishes to all in my situation......

Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM

Iam so sorry for your rough time. I hope your house deal goes through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania