Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best color for Christmas lights?
White (clear) 9 29.03%
Blue 2 6.45%
Green 1 3.23%
Red 0 0%
Multi-colored 19 61.29%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:47 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times

Advertisements

Problem is tomorrow and friday is suppose to be ice.........bless us ALL. I HAVE to get out to NJ its a real must!!

In another home I owned, I put some of the older big lights on a huge tree we hoisted up to the loft.
One of those "older type" bulbs put a huge burn mark through the rug, right down to the foam backing.
I had to have that fixed with scrap from inside a inconspicuous spot of a closet. But, that burn spot scared me. I knew then that only a good new set of " cool " lights would be used from now on.
So if I do a tree next year of all the big lights........they will say " cool"........I had my close warning!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 05:08 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,697 times
Safe travels to Summering and everyone else who is traveling today!

Old 12-11-2008, 05:58 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
So far things don't look to bad this way.......So perhaps we'll leave about 10Am. I understand NJ has something coming in about 1ish.......
I'm hoping since the schools just only did a delay this way that things aren't as bad as predicted.

Ok........lights.........My lights are done for this year. The sleigh needs some fixing in the light dept.
I have some real, greens to add out front..........I'm so glad I didn't do too much outside this year.
It becomes a pain because of leaving so soon after Christmas. Then all must come down so quick.
Right now........I just like enjoying the holidays....and I have to keep my hand off the button for ordering from QVC. Darn, I did it again!!! ( I did......bright an early this AM....)

Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I have to keep my hand off the button for ordering from QVC. Darn, I did it again!!! ( I did......bright an early this AM....)
What is it with women and QVC?? My mom had that show on all day long!! She would tell me she wasnt buying anything. But she would write down order number's and then call them in all at once!! Almost every other day UPS, was knocking on the door!!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:02 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
In defense of my sex, I have never ordered from QVC, but I do like to watch it late at night!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:34 PM

1,162 posts, read 3,008,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
What is it with women and QVC?? My mom had that show on all day long!! She would tell me she wasnt buying anything. But she would write down order number's and then call them in all at once!! Almost every other day UPS, was knocking on the door!!
For the record, I stay far, far away from QVC. Far away.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
In defense of my sex, I have never ordered from QVC, but I do like to watch it late at night!
I watched it a couple times. I didnt really like it much. Perhaps, because im a guy and they dont have much on there for men.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenRice View Post
For the record, I stay far, far away from QVC. Far away.
I'm not a fan of QVC or any of those 'buy this useless crap made in China that will poison your family and ruin your economy' shows either. SO there are more women out there that don't watch this stuff. I used to watch it occasionally just to make fun of the over enthusiastic way they present everything.

Last edited by lialleycat; 12-13-2008 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Bad spellers of the world, Untie!

Old 12-13-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
I used to watch it occasionally just to make fun of the over enthusiastic way they present everything.

Funny you said that.. I thought the very same thing when I watched it a few times.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:25 PM

I didn't get a long time to look at the Flower and Craft Warehouse. It was our last stop on Thursday before we were going to head back (since it was open the latest) and by then we were wet, cold and getting unhappy. It is an awesome store and I did explore the Christmas floor a bit and do plan on going back to really give it more time. I didn't see functioning bubble lights, just glass ornament ones and they had LED's that looked like the old style big bulbs. There was a lot that I didn't see, but we had a long trip down, including some time parked on the Belt Parkway in NY due to an accident that closed the road for about a half hour. The trip back was just as bad with huge flooding problems so we got back MUCH later than planned. But it was nothing compared with Friday's travels!

We had a tire blowout on the exit ramp onto the Cross Island off the Throgs Neck Bridge at about 12am. AAA can't come get us since the parkway has some sort of agreement, so we had to wait for a local guy to come. He had to tow us out of there -it was the driver's side tire, so you'd have to have been on the traffic side to change it with people whizzing by at 80mph+. Someone just got killed not a month ago doing the same thing. AAA will supposedly reimburse us. I hope so, or that would make it a very expensive trip to visit Cabela's and Koziar's Christmas Village! It was a late night, we didn't get back home until after 3am.

Got some awesome solar powered christmas lights at Cabellas though. So now I can decorate without the cost of electricity. They were 75% off, making them only $5 a box!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania