Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 PM

109 posts, read 366,759 times

Advertisements

I plan on taking my daughter to see Santa for the first time and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which location had the better Santa, Steamtown or Viewmont Mall?

I know that there used to be an Awesome Santa at one of the malls (Mr. Williamson, who is the Santa for the parade), but I don't think he has been in the malls over the past few years. All suggestions are welcome. I really just want to avoid a picture with Santa who is 30 and has the obvious fake beard.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,234 times
Your daughter won't know the difference --- if your enthusiastic ... !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2008, 04:06 PM

90 posts, read 248,372 times
Steamtown mall has a good santa from what a hear.. real beard and all

Old 12-16-2008, 07:59 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,762,445 times
viewmont has a Santa with a real beard...not the most handsome Santa I have seen...but definitely real looking.
The Best Santa I have seen in pcitures...Jerry's for All Seasons in Dunmore had a story time Thanksgiving weekend inviting kids to come in their pajams and they had the Santa that goes to the White House...awesome Santa!! Real expensive Victorian suit and very real looking.

Great books for kids on the border of not believing...Flight of the Reindeer.....it's available on Amazon...amkes a great book to keep on the coffee table at Christmas Time...good reading for adults too!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:00 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,573,812 times
There's an older overweight man with a beard who often scratches himself and hangs around Public Square in Downtown Wilkes-Barre. Does that count?

Old 12-16-2008, 09:30 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,814,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
There's an older overweight man with a beard who often scratches himself and hangs around Public Square in Downtown Wilkes-Barre. Does that count?
You just described half of the people hanging around public square....but not just the men....

Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,814,196 times
I'd say the best Santa in the malls is definitely at Steamtown. A very authentic looking Santa....they have the same one every year. Also, a really good Santa is at Jerry's For All Seasons in Dunmore, but I think they only have him there on certain weekends, not sure if he is still there....a very real looking Santa and they also have deer and baby pigs for the kids to pet. Plus, they let you use your own camera....much more affordable to take your own pictures with your digital camera and take your memory card to a store to print copies for 15 cents a copy rather than the highway robbery prices these places charge for Santa pictures.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:35 PM

109 posts, read 366,759 times
Thanks for the ideas! I think we will probably go with Steamtown, but will call Jerry's first to see if Santa will be around anytime soon. I love Jerry's, I am always tempted to buy something way too expensive when I go there lol!

I think the Public Square "Santa" would probably be the very (very) last resort...lol.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 PM

904 posts, read 2,054,336 times
My kid got a Santa pic at Steamtown today-- I wasn't there but the Santa looks pretty legit in the photo at least. But yeah, $20 for 4 pics. Youch.

That's cool that Jerry's does that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania