U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:40 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,172,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCat View Post

-Whistles (Sports bar, great wings! YUM!)
You haven't had many wings in this area, have you? Whistles wings are actually pretty bad, in my opinion. Windsor Inn in Jermyn and the Donkey Cafe in North Scranton are great. Whistles wings are probably just a notch better than Chicken McNuggets.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 10:26 AM

75 posts, read 147,193 times
lets not forget Flashbacks in Scranton

Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,172,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENAL670 View Post
lets not forget Flashbacks in Scranton
Just like you mentioned with the Mr. Z's in Peckville....Flashbacks is gone.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 AM

75 posts, read 147,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Just like you mentioned with the Mr. Z's in Peckville....Flashbacks is gone.
WHAATTT??????? What happened to that place??

Old 01-13-2009, 12:12 AM

12 posts, read 31,174 times
I want to thank you guys for your help. I went to Wilkes Barre last Friday and Saturday to check out the area. I saw some of the hangouts you guys were talking about and some of the apartments. I guess I still have a couple questions. I was thinking about apartments around the little city square there between the two colleges because I like to live within walking distance of various things. Are these apartments around there occupied by only college students or do other residents live there too. I wouldn't mind living by some college students, but I dont think I want to be living with all college students. As always, any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:47 AM

32,234 posts, read 74,232,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langen View Post
I want to thank you guys for your help. I went to Wilkes Barre last Friday and Saturday to check out the area. I saw some of the hangouts you guys were talking about and some of the apartments. I guess I still have a couple questions. I was thinking about apartments around the little city square there between the two colleges because I like to live within walking distance of various things. Are these apartments around there occupied by only college students or do other residents live there too. I wouldn't mind living by some college students, but I dont think I want to be living with all college students. As always, any help is appreciated. Thank you.
There really aren't many living options as of yet around Public Square. The Ramada Hotel and the Best Western have both been accommodating the overflow of students from King's and Wilkes as both campuses continue to sprawl themselves closer to the square as they seek new housing options themselves. I think I saw an ad on CraigsList a while back advertising long-term rentals at the Best Western (Genetti's), which is about two blocks east of Public Square along East Market Street if you're interested. There is also the Provincial Towers high-rise along South Main Street, roughly across from the Midtown Village area, but I believe this building has mostly elderly tenants. Probably by 2010 the lofts/condos above the retail space in the University Square project along South Main & Northampton will be available for occupancy. The Hotel Sterling project may be finished by 2067! LOL!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:16 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,018,171 times
I'd recommend looking at apartments on River st. Wilkes-Barre will have a brand new multi million dollar Riverwalk park opening this spring, and it is right downtown, and it's gonna be nice. I'd want to live there if I could. The historic district is right downtown and has a good mix of college students, and empty nesters. Marlboro Place might be right up your alley. It's a small apartment complex right downtown. Parkway Manor is directly across the river from downtown with nice views of the city and the courthouse, and it's located on the dyke/biking-jogging path that runs along side the river, and is a stones throw from Kirby and Nesbitt Parks As Scranbarre said, there are alot of condo/lofts on the way that will be built one block from Public Square, but not here yet. There are alot of apartments, but most cater to the college students, which isn't a bad thing. I think it adds youthful vibrance, and life, and yes sometimes rowdyness, but it's not out of control or anything. Anyway Good Luck! I'll find you the phone #'s for Marlboro Place, and Parkway Manor they're a good starting point.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,018,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
I'd recommend looking at apartments on River st. Wilkes-Barre will have a brand new multi million dollar Riverwalk park opening this spring, and it is right downtown, and it's gonna be nice. I'd want to live there if I could. The historic district is right downtown and has a good mix of college students, and empty nesters. Marlboro Place might be right up your alley. It's a small apartment complex right downtown. Parkway Manor is directly across the river from downtown with nice views of the city and the courthouse, and it's located on the dyke/biking-jogging path that runs along side the river, and is a stones throw from Kirby and Nesbitt Parks As Scranbarre said, there are alot of condo/lofts on the way that will be built one block from Public Square, but not here yet. There are alot of apartments, but most cater to the college students, which isn't a bad thing. I think it adds youthful vibrance, and life, and yes sometimes rowdyness, but it's not out of control or anything. Anyway Good Luck! I'll find you the phone #'s for Marlboro Place, and Parkway Manor, they're a good starting point.
Try these Woodtip Reality/Parkway Manor: 570-288-4200, and Marlboro Apartments: 570-823-2776
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania