Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:22 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,345,575 times

Advertisements

Summering, Also make sure the WAITING area is clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 08:33 PM

193 posts, read 542,440 times
I have a half sleeve and would love to finish my whole arm but i haven't found a tattoo place around here i feel confortable with yet. IF you don't feel confortable with the location DON"T DO IT.

And Summering my mom was like you (she didn't want me to get my first ) but the more she tried to convince me not to the more i wanted one. Now it has basically grown on her.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
tattoo parlor - great place to make your mistakes permanent and visible.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:53 PM

923 posts, read 3,093,234 times
The tattoo OFF parlors are starting to out number the tattoo ON parlors. Don't forget this too shall pass !!! Its only a fad -- like bell bottoms !!!!

Old 12-28-2008, 09:26 PM

87 posts, read 258,467 times
Electric City is the best you'll find in the whole Valley! I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but I have seen amazing work they've done. They recently hosted some music their on a First Friday celebration and I couldn't believe how clean and professional it was. This place is the real deal. And their legal policy is iron-clad. You have to provide ID for any tattooing, piercings, etc... Elijah is the man you want to see to do your work. They're all good, but this particular guy is quite renowned.

PS, I hate tattoos. Especially on women. Yech!

Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,814,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Thank you for that information.......Good info too.......But, I'm blockin' the door....anyhow..LOLOLOL
I have nothing against tattoos, if they're well placed and tasteful, but what is with people getting them on their necks, faces, etc. People who get those need to realize that many jobs won't hire them someday. That and the ridiculous big holes in the earlobes....I get sick even looking at someone with those. I can imagine 60 years from now, all the people with all of these tattoos as old people strolling around the nursing home in their walkers....

Unless someone can guarantee a career as a successful rock star (or they're happy flipping burgers for the rest of their lives), tattoos that cannot be easily covered are not a good idea. Maybe you can at least talk your daughter into getting that tattoo on her back or her ankle rather than her neck. Would sound like a good compromise to me.

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 12-29-2008 at 08:08 AM..

Old 12-29-2008, 07:36 AM

620 posts, read 2,055,125 times
Hi Summering, hope you had a nice Christmas. Tell your daughter to e-mail me if she wants another perspective. I have 3 tattoos. A couple of medium sized tattoos and one big one. I would love to have two of them removed. The one I still love is just below my neck, in between my shoulder blades, drawn by a friend of mine. If she insists, I'd tell her to make it a little lower so that her shirt can cover it when she wants it covered. And I agree with the previous poster about how to approach her desire for a tattoo, what we resist persists.

NKOTB, where are all the tattoo removal places you have seen? I know of the one guy doing laser removal in Milford, and the plastic surgeon doing it in Kingston, but otherwise I haven't seen anywhere.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:59 AM

201 posts, read 538,754 times
Summering - I hope you can talk your daughter out of it. Especially the location where she wants it. I have one on my ankle and regret doing it. The person messed up on it and I never had it fixed. I got one for my sister for her 21st birthday and it is cute. It is a butterfly near her belly button. It can be shown when wanted and hidden when not. I personally think that when females have them on their arms makes them look dirty. My friend has one going across her chest and it looks horrible. I like tatoos as long as it is in a decent location and not too many. I work with a men who used to be very attractive until he covered his arms and neck. Good luck.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:58 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,345,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebunnie69 View Post
I have a half sleeve and would love to finish my whole arm but i haven't found a tattoo place around here i feel confortable with yet. IF you don't feel confortable with the location DON"T DO IT.

And Summering my mom was like you (she didn't want me to get my first ) but the more she tried to convince me not to the more i wanted one. Now it has basically grown on her.
I'm comfortable with the place I've been going to. Just thought I'd give Electric City a try if it was worth the extra few minutes to get to.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM

201 posts, read 538,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I'm comfortable with the place I've been going to. Just thought I'd give Electric City a try if it was worth the extra few minutes to get to.
I don't know about the new one but my sister and others that I know got it done at Marc's and all were satisfied. That was 6 years ago so I am sure there is different people there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania