Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,760,709 times

Advertisements

Have a safe and good trip.

dont be shy.

d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 08:41 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,588,825 times
MUSTANG......By gosh, its about 70+ today and I am lovin' it. I have windows open and doors.....
MY shorts are on and my pony is up....( hate the look but I am hot..lol) I love your state a bunch.
The ocean is my favorite thing on the earth. Mountains come in a very close second.......
You have a wonderful state, with wonderful people......I can't wait to go to the Socastee library and see all those familar faces.
I have not been to Columbia....but to some towns like Conway, Florence, Dillon, Charleston, Pawleys....
I'm in love with many of the towns. Charming and comforting...........
Gosh, I do so hate to hear John that it is in the teens back home. ( really because of the feral cats)
I worked very hard to make sure they are fed and warm.......costing me a bundle.......but how could I not? Oh then you would love, love, today.......windows open.......glass doors open.....it feels so darn good. I'd like to send some up towards PA, wonder how I could do that.......hummmmmmmmm
OkD.......I'm only a little shy.......LOL

Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 AM

32,606 posts, read 77,315,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I have windows open and doors.....
MY shorts are on and my pony is up....( hate the look but I am hot..lol)
I, ScranBarre, demand "Summering bikini at the beach with pina colada in hand" photos in your profile albums ASAP! RAWR!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 09:08 AM

So I wanted to tell you a bit of a story about what can go wrong with a town and its planners........really wrong.
So last year The Hard Rock Theme Park opened on April 15th. Thats 15 days after I left back to NEPA. I took some pictures( through the fence) for CD and put them on the SC threads..........Well, lo and behold.........It is closed already. It didn't even make the one year marker.
They are 300 Million in debt. They couldn't even get 35 Million for the Park in a auction sale they had.
It was really IMO a poorly planned park. They wanted 50.00 to get into the park and 10 for parking. Now......this is a park with restaurants and 3 roller coasters.........thats about it. I think they were asking 250.00 for year passes of admission. Some people were paying that, I was a bit shocked.
Mind ya' there is tons of restaurants around this area. Wonderful ones indeed.
So..........would you pay to go into a park of restaurants with three roller coasters? The worst part is it was not family friendly. Myrtle Beach is a place for families in the summer.......So what were the kids to do?
They( owners) have filed for Bankruptcy and none of their creditors can expect to be paid..........
The name rights costing 2.5 mil a year is also an issue with Hard Rock wanting to end that, with memoribilia returned to them.
I don't know how someone missed the idea that a park catering to just a teen to mid-aged group would manage to survive.
Someone needs to buy it and expand it into a Disney, MGM, Universal, type of full day fun. But, it is such a loss already I don't know who would try.
Walt must be shaking his head.....
I truely believe Walt would have made this work and had a fabulous Hard Rock Park..............Bless him.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
I, ScranBarre, demand "Summering bikini at the beach with pina colada in hand" photos in your profile albums ASAP! RAWR!!!
Oh good gosh........Yep, if I was 20 again I'd do that.....Can years go backwards.....or not?

Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 PM

1,649 posts, read 4,986,732 times
Summering, it is amazing how some business plans are so ill conceived. Hard Rock.......? I've been to several...even the one in Dublin, Ireland. Frankly, I don't see the big deal for the restaurants let alone an amusement park. Especially when it seems to have been designed to market to a select group.

Anyway, I just noticed that Waterford/Wedgwood/Royal Dalton has filed for bankruptcy....well known, historic company with a quality product. I think Waterford failed once, a long time ago, and was revived. Out with the old, in with the new I suppose.

Hey, if you start bumpin' around down there, be sure to make a stop in Beaufort. It's a charming little place! Just driving around and looking at the homes (including the "Big Chill" house.....private residence) was fun. We had a nice lunch at a local place along the river. Hilton Head is an interesting drive through as well. Of course, Charleston is delightful. Drive out to Sullivan Island. It's almost like the beach as I remember it when I was a kid. Oh, and if you can do a bit more time, don't miss Savannah!!! I hear that the world economy is hitting them hard with the shipping industry. Things could change there too. Sigh.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:34 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,760,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Summering, it is amazing how some business plans are so ill conceived. Hard Rock.......? I've been to several...even the one in Dublin, Ireland. Frankly, I don't see the big deal for the restaurants let alone an amusement park. Especially when it seems to have been designed to market to a select group.

Anyway, I just noticed that Waterford/Wedgwood/Royal Dalton has filed for bankruptcy....well known, historic company with a quality product. I think Waterford failed once, a long time ago, and was revived. Out with the old, in with the new I suppose.

Hey, if you start bumpin' around down there, be sure to make a stop in Beaufort. It's a charming little place! Just driving around and looking at the homes (including the "Big Chill" house.....private residence) was fun. We had a nice lunch at a local place along the river. Hilton Head is an interesting drive through as well. Of course, Charleston is delightful. Drive out to Sullivan Island. It's almost like the beach as I remember it when I was a kid. Oh, and if you can do a bit more time, don't miss Savannah!!! I hear that the world economy is hitting them hard with the shipping industry. Things could change there too. Sigh.
From what I heard Waterford has relocated to Jakarta.

Been in the hard rock in several places ; food is ok ; not wonderful. Prices are always high.

d

Old 01-05-2009, 12:42 PM

We are going to the Outter Banks this summer with all of the kids. We have a smashing time. Just with board games, cards, walks to the beach, kite flying. Swimming........I can't wait for that. I am guessing it might take the place of Bethany......
I think I would like Beaufort, I wonder if I can get there....?
I did hear about Waterford. I'm so not a brand person........its just not in me to "adore a name"...LOL
I was in a store down here that had the pandora charm bracelets like my daughter got for Christmas...I found the Brighton ones that were there, quite less costly, and pretty darn charming ( pun intended)
Charleston I love. We do sneek down there. But, with the pup at home it is just a quick day trip.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:46 PM

Yes, this was not just a Hard Rock.........But a Theme Park. The price to get in and walk into the restaurant was too much. Plus for 50.00 what else was there to do? Ride the coasters..........gosh.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:56 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,760,718 times
South Carolina beaches....that's nice down there....I still get hungry thinking of the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet at Bennett's in Myrtle Beach. Great crab legs....to me they were good, especially coming from NE PA, where there's not much better for seafood than Red Lobster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania