Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 PM

12 posts, read 68,086 times

Advertisements

We love it there. Unfortunately, we don't get there as often as we'd like.

Breakfast at Spanky's in Newfoundland is the best! The hot wings at the Promised Land Inn are great too!

Hoping to get up there soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 08:05 AM

487 posts, read 1,374,939 times
If you don't mind my asking, where in Greentown is your 2nd home. We are building in Sugar Hill Estates on a lot which backs up to Delaware State Forest. We are really excited about it and cannot wait. Every time we visit we feel more and more "at home". I love that little stretch of stores in Newfoundland. I can't believe how there is a little bit of everything! Walked through the SureSave...what a beautiful store! There are doctors, hardware, garden center, even a chiropractor. Spanky's looked inviting too.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:55 AM

12 posts, read 68,086 times
Smile Pocono lover

We are situated right on 390 closer to the Promised Land State Park, but our mailing address is Greentown. There are many great things to do up there. Hawley is a sweet town too! We have many favorite places to go hiking too. It's such a nice area.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 PM

Ateam,
I'm sure I know pretty much exactly where you are. We looked at the modular homes that Regent Homes are building in the Sky View Lake Community. We probably would have bought a lot there except that the largest lot available was a little over 1/2 acre. We wanted a little more elbow room. I love the area. We first visited in the fall when the colors were at their peak and we were "sold".

Old 03-25-2007, 09:01 PM

14 posts, read 55,558 times
Thought I jump on this thread and say that my family and I are looking at the area as well. Today, I visited Milford for the first time since 1995, and remarkably, it looked the same. I also roadtripped down to Dingham's Ferry and Bushkill. The feeling of being with nature was incredible, thought I did feel isolated at times.

I have already PM'ed with Suzer, but can anyone else provide any info on the area. I already have an idea on the schools system (Delaware Valley, correct?), Also, we are traveling with a herd of animals. Can anyone recommend a good veterinarian? I have a bunch of other ?s but I don't want to state them all at this moment. Please PM. Cheers!

Old 03-26-2007, 01:02 PM

84 posts, read 379,188 times
I close on my house in 2 months i also would like to hear some good info on a vet for my cat and any news on schools would be nice too.

the house is in bushkill, pike county

Last edited by griffit34; 03-26-2007 at 01:11 PM..

Old 03-26-2007, 01:32 PM

470 posts, read 1,707,726 times
I'm going to organize a social event when we get situated for everyone who is relocating and is interested in getting to know some "neighbors".

Winnie - I'll write soon - I'm waiting to see what our moving date is. Should know in the next couple of days.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 PM

I'm told the Wallenpaupack School District is quite good as well. I remember passing a veterinarian on Route 191 (I think) on our way to Hamlin, north of I-84. I also think I pass another on Route 447, heading south to Stroudsburg. I don't think it will be a problem to find a vet for your animals.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:17 AM

84 posts, read 379,188 times
I wouldn't mind a little social event maybe over the summer??
I have some friends who already live in the area but never hurts to meet new people.

As long as no one here is creepy
lol

Old 03-27-2007, 12:22 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,093,885 times
Well today it is 70 degrees out in sunny Shohola and the snow is nearly all gone except for a couple piles left by the snowblower..

The squirrels are starting to pop out of their holes every so often and the birds are making their way back too.

Now I can't wait for our first few buds on the trees and to plant my first garden here, hope that the raccoons and deer stay out!

I use a vet in NYS so I can't help in that respect, I know that there are some around here in Pike County or maybe even Port Jervis NY/Montague NJ area but we have had this vet for over 5 years so we just stick to the same.

Well I got a new bubble blower for the kids and time to enjoy this beautiful spring day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania