Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 03:58 PM

203 posts, read 577,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Best Buy sucks with service and I haven't shopped there in over a year so if Circuit City goes then I'll be buying ALL of my electronics on line.
I feel the same.
CC usually has the same price for the stuff I want to buy as many of the others, but they throw in "extras" that the others don't. I got a great camera for my oldest daughter & CC was the lowest price & they threw in a 2G memory card (when they were expensive.)
I just got a TV there earlier this month (a belated bday gift from my husband) and they had the best prices & someone to help us immediately. We had to track someone down at BB just to get info. The guy at CC went out of his way for us & even got one out of the back that was the last boxed on & about $100+ off of any others.

I'm sad to see them go, along with a bunch of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 04:45 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
I've never liked Circuit City. They always seemed drab and dreary and I never could find what I wanted there.

In regards to job security, I don't think anyone's job or business is 100% secure. The business I work in as an independent contractor got hammered in the past few months bigtime and everyone I work with is in dire straits. I managed to get some well paid part time work doing something similar in a completely different business and probably if the other business comes back I'll still keep doing this new line of work part time.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:20 PM

923 posts, read 3,094,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Unless of course people start eating each other when they can no longer afford to buy groceries! I'm just warning you all I'm stringy and would be tough to chew!
NO, NO, NO, you're still young and tender !! I'm old and tough !!

Old 01-17-2009, 05:13 AM

537 posts, read 1,332,357 times
Default hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddie10 View Post
A psychiatrist would be a high demand job these days!
I'm thinking of taking some classes!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 AM

513 posts, read 1,080,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I guess it's tough all over Paul. I am grateful that I have a job everyday, but I do realize that at any moment it can all come crashing down and it could be over just like that.

I was also wondering and maybe you know Paul, do the people in Circuit City get a straight salary or do they get strictly commission, or both?
Circuit City changed from commissioned to straight salary a while back, and it turned out to be a very bad decision:
"Fixing what ails Circuit City: too darn much proprietary thinking." from The Business Blog at Intuitive.com

Old 01-17-2009, 09:27 AM

372 posts, read 1,228,722 times
Just FYI...

Hubby was out this morning and decided to go by the Circuit City in Dickson City. He got there about 15 min. before the store opened, and said there were over 100 people waiting to get in! Very orderly once the store opened, he said.

He did say that he thought the deals weren't all that great (we're looking for a new TV for our basement/new living area!).

Has anyone else gone, and did you find it the same as my husband did?

Old 01-17-2009, 12:14 PM

910 posts, read 2,992,889 times
We were going to swing by the one in Wilkes Barre tonight just to see what they have.
We just got a 32 inch flat screen for $399 at best buy. Circuit City was never my first choice!!

Old 01-17-2009, 03:20 PM

99 posts, read 271,135 times
I hope they have mad sales.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:39 PM

106,671 posts, read 108,833,673 times
the sales are run by the bank liqudators, the store is pretty much out of the loop... those liquidators from past experience wont give ice away in the winter so im not counting on anything really good from these sell offs...... but you never know

Old 01-17-2009, 03:52 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,097,857 times
We went up today and we got 20% off, The sales girl didn't know how much longer the store(s) would be open. The web site is already down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania