Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 06:49 PM

201 posts, read 538,982 times

Advertisements

I finally was able to make it to Lowe's to meet Paul. I must say he is quite a cutie. His pictures do not do him justice. He is also very sweet and has a great smile. I think I scared the crap out of him though. He asked me if he could help me and I told him that I needed a hug. He looked confused and a little frightened but gave me one. LOL. Then he realized who I was. I was glad that we could make it up there before the surgery and we were also able to give his company some business. I never had a new washer and dryer and my mom, God love her, wanted to buy us one. We saved money getting them there and were even able to purchase an air purifier. Now she is talking about a new couch since ours is 18 years old. She knows I don't like taking such large gifts from her but then she pesters me until I give it. Mothers! I must apologize to Paul though because Mark was very cranky. I told him if he does not get back to his old self after the surgery I am kicking him out! Six months of this crankiness is enough already. I still love him anyway. So far the surgery is still on for next Thursday as long as the last blood test come back alright and neither of us gets sick. I took time off of work because so many people there are sick. Well, better stop now because I am rambling. Hope everyone is doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 06:51 PM

703 posts, read 1,546,819 times
Creeper!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:13 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Hey, ashley. I tracked Paul down at his job too. I think those of us who just show up and start talking to him at work must look pretty freaky to him! Geesh, I can't imagine why!??!!

You've been on my mind. I'm glad you posted. My prayers and best wishes to you and your husband.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:25 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
Ashley...please keep us posted as the day gets closer.

Thank God for Moms!! Yours sound like a blessing.

Someday..I'm going to surprise Paul too! Can't wait!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:36 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
Ashley...please keep us posted as the day gets closer.

Thank God for Moms!! Yours sound like a blessing.

Someday..I'm going to surprise Paul too! Can't wait!
We stopped in Lowe's when we were up there & OF COURSE it was the day Paul called out sick!!

(He could have carried out the 2 cemetary wreaths to the car for us 2 old geezers....but we managed with the help of our walkers...)

Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,463,212 times
Ashley19 ~ That must have been great to see...a customer, just asking for a hug. I'll bet he was surprised all right.

In reference to someone you know who is having surgery....I hope all goes well. I'm afraid I'm clueless, as I pop in here irregularly.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:44 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
I must say that you really did bring a tear to my eye last night. Unfortunately I was covering two departments that evening due to a call-off (what else is new in retail, right?! LOL!), and I didn't have a whole lot of time to chat since other customers needed assistance. However, as soon as I finished up with that man who needed help with the corrugated piping I punched out for my dinner hour and bolted into the break room to see what nice gifts Cheryl had made for me (which were TOTALLY unnecessary, by the way, but much appreciated!)

Several co-workers followed me into the break room to "snoop" because they saw the bright blue bag and wanted to know what sorts of goodies were contained therein. Inside I found some beautiful hand-crafted items and a heart-warming message from Cheryl, but the only thing I will dispute with you, Ms. Ashley19, is the fact that you referenced me as a "stranger" when you were thanking me for my little unannounced Christmas Eve visit to your home. We may have never physically met before last night, but in many ways I consider the 100 or so of the folks on this forum to be a large extended second family. For as much as I spar with folks like weluvpa, John From Scranton, CHS89, etc. I don't "hate" any of them. We just have our political disagreements from time to time that we can't quite see eye-to-eye on. Last week I received a DM informing me that another long-time member on our forum will no longer be posting with us due to the unexpected passing of her husband. I am still keeping her in my prayers, but I'm not going to divulge her screen name since I'm not sure if she wants the "public" on here to know of what she's been going through. If you happen to be "lurking" though, let it be known that we all care about you very much!

I must say that you two were very different than I had pictured. I don't know why, but I always thought of you as a short red-headed woman with a a temper for some reason, and I always pictured Mark as a heavy-set guy with a goatee. Shows you how much I know! LOL! "Crankiness" doesn't bother me one bit! Trust me, if you had to endure the temper tantrums I had to field today from people upset that we were sold out of wood pellets/torpedo heaters/kerosene heaters (i.e. EVERYTHING to heat your home!), then what Mark showed last night would not have been anything to sneeze at. Besides, given what you are both about to go through in the coming weeks you were both surprisingly chipper in my eyes! If nothing else, Cheryl, you've taught me a thing or two about love. You even admitted to me that you're likely to endure more physical pain during this procedure than he will be, and yet you didn't seem to let that faze you in the least bit because that's apparently the type of person you are---selfless. You joke about "tossing him out," but that's all in jest. For you to be willing to give so much of yourself up to help him shows me just how much you truly do care for him, and I'm sure he appreciates that as well. Other women might have bolted when they learned of this depressing medical news, but you've stuck by him through thick and thin. I'm sure your perseverance and upbeat attitude will be repaid in dividends to you when this all blows over and the two of you can get on out there and hit up the dance floor sometime.

Sorry to ramble on so much, but it was an absolute pleasure to have met you both the other evening. I did warn you ahead of time though that 99% of the customers in our store need help, and often times I'm working alone, so it should have come as no surprise that I wasn't able to chat as much as I would have liked. To top it all off the guy with the corrugated piping complained because it had taken so long for him to get assistance, and then it was a STUPID QUESTION---"Which one of these is perforated, and which one is solid?" I showed him the slits visibly cut into the one length of piping, and then showed him the one adjacent to it with NO slits! DUH!

Have a great night, and I hope to see you again soon!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,454,270 times
OMG!!! LOLOLOLOL!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!

Ahhhh....I see the post was removed....

Last edited by Jungle George; 01-19-2009 at 05:15 PM..

Old 01-19-2009, 06:42 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,766,703 times
I was wondering what was so funny JG.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania