Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times

Advertisements

[CENTER][CENTER][SIZE=2]Perhaps something to think about when responding to other posters???[/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=2]1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are
sick. Your friends and parents will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to
disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't
screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all
about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whate ver doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one
else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special
occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this
matter?'
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
28. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
29. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
30. Believe in miracles.
31. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
32. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
33. Your children get only one childhood.
34. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
35. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
36. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
37. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
38. The best is yet to come..
39. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
40. Yield.
41. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Friends like you are the family that we choose for ourselves...
[/SIZE]
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[CENTER][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/CENTER][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:02 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
Funny you posted this...I just read it today on snopes...yes I think there are some true pearls of wisdom in that list.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Funny you posted this...I just read it today on snopes...yes I think there are some true pearls of wisdom in that list.
yes, "pearls of wisdom" very well put..........I thought we could all use a refresher every now and then......

Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to
disagree.

I totally admit this is an issue of mine. We all have our problems.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:02 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Amazing how I received this in an email last night and here it is posted. Do we have the same circle of friends?? Small world!!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,398,572 times
Good advice. Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
Excellent post....really makes you stop and think....

Old 06-04-2009, 10:33 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
Loved the first comment.

As I just started back to school last monday. Even though I am working, have two kids and the stuff that comes with them, its worth it to me to put in a few years to have the hope of changing jobs in the future.
My plan is to get my associates in Accounting, then the batchelors, then hopefully the CPA. Yes, iw ill be almost 50 when i graduate, but thats ok ; its only a number.

d

Old 06-04-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Loved the first comment.

As I just started back to school last monday. Even though I am working, have two kids and the stuff that comes with them, its worth it to me to put in a few years to have the hope of changing jobs in the future.
My plan is to get my associates in Accounting, then the batchelors, then hopefully the CPA. Yes, iw ill be almost 50 when i graduate, but thats ok ; its only a number.

d
Hi Dorothy,
Good to hear from you and the other posters. I know we all have busy lives and get caught it with things. When I saw this, as many have through their own personal e-mails, it help ground me........Keep your dreams, believe in them and they will happen. You can have anything in this life as long as you want it bad enough. Doesn't matter when you finish school, it matters how you did, what you got out of it and the fact that you finished. You would be surprised at how many older people are in school and they do much better because of their life experiences. I am in graduate school now and you are never too old to learn a thing or two.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Loved the first comment.

d
An ex-Navy and high school friend of mine who lives in Chicago...his father graduated and made lawyer at age 77 (I think...I know he was in his 70's). He never practiced. It was just his lifelong dream to be a lawyer but life, kid's, and providing for his family didn't allow him the time to do it earlier. He passed away a few years ago but he was happy cuz he accomplished his dream!! So it's never too late if you're willing to make the sacrifice!! This was a man who had to use crutches to get around due to a slipped disk in his back. The graduation party for him and his close classmate's was dedicated to him by them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania