Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 5,028 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Does anyone have good/bad comments/experiences about daycare centres in and around moosic? Its for a 17month old.

I was able to find the following ones, wondering which is best or is there anything else that I missed.

1. Hildebrant
2. Friendly Faces(Avoca)
3. Sunshine and Rainbows
4. Little Thinkers

I saw in one of the posts to check with the dept of public welfare. I am guessing I will start there, but was looking more or less for personal comments/feedback here if any.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM

3 posts, read 7,582 times
Visit the Local YMCA. They have Good Daycare and Swimming for the children.
[SIZE=3]About swimming[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Swimming happens to be not just a sport; it's a recreational activity and an effective exercise as well. Swimming is an Olympic sport and in fact gains its popularity from the vast media interest swimming generates during the Olympic season. Though other water sports too are popular but none come close to the immense popularity enjoyed by swimming. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]It's a physically demanding water sport since it involves a huge effort of mental and physical exertion. Though many people would find that there is no real mental effort involved, but swimming actually needs a lot of mental preparation since the swimmers have to undergo a rigorous regime of tough schedule which may even include practicing swimming submerged underwater. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Swimming finds its roots in ancient times and is in fact mentioned in the bible. During prehistoric times swimming was a means for people to cleanse themselves of their impurities. Competitive swimming wasn't formally introduced until the nineteenth century and it became a part of the Olympics in eighteen ninety six. Ancient Greek and Roman palaces often had huge swimming pools when it was considered a luxury for the ruling elite. Historically speaking swimming was an essential part of the training of the Greek soldiers who would launch attacks on boats by using expert swimmers. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Swimming is known to be a very efficient and effective aerobic form of exercise. Swimming is not a very expensive sport as all it requires is a pair of goggles, a swimsuit and a swimming pool. Goggles are important since they prevent water from entering the eyes, while it's a useful practice to have a lifeguard around to prevent any unforeseen mishaps. It's essential that when young children are around the pool it should be supervised. Sometimes Optional equipment can be used too which includes swim fins, kickboards and hand paddles. Swim fins provides the lower body with good exercise and it also improves the flexibility of the ankles. Swim fins also increases swimming speed.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]To learn more about swimming and other related topics, please go to [/SIZE][SIZE=3]www.localsavingsresource.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 PM

193 posts, read 542,762 times
Hildebrant Is very expensive but a great envirnoment for the children. You really pay for what you get.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 PM

109 posts, read 366,993 times
I second Hildebrandt...my niece was there for about 3 years (until she started school). She had previously been to 1 other major daycare provider and the ratio of toddlers to "teachers" was not ideal. My sister also tried some home day cares, but found a real lack of activities and opportunities to learn.
Once at Hildebrandt, my niece had a normal size "class" and loved going to daycare.
It is pricey, but it is sooooo worth it. I have been there a few times to pick her up after day care and for recitals, etc...and it is always such a happy environment and the employees really care about the children. I am a SAHM but if I ever went back to working outside the home, Hildebrandt is THE ONLY place I would consider for daycare.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:18 AM

25 posts, read 68,197 times
My daughter attended Little Thinkers from 2 - 5 and I have to say the place was great. The price was about the same as Hildebrandt. Little Thinkers is a learning center not sure about the others. So my daughter was being prepared for school and she didn't even know it. She enjoyed going everyday and made some great friends. But the big plus was when she was ready for Kindergarten it was amazing how well she did. She is above the class average and just was ahead of the game before she even got there. I really recommend Little Thinkers.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,028 times
Thankyou very much for all your replies!! I appreciate your input.

We visited all 3 places last week, didnt get to see Little Thinkers yet. You are right about Hildebrant, I was really impressed with them.

I think this week we are going to see YMCA and LittleThinkers. My hope to arrive at a shortlist and start the lil' one with half days to see monitor progress.

Thanks again,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania