Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,477 times

Advertisements

We are a family of 5 with 1 cat seeking a rental apartment or home in the Hanover Twp.,PA area. Our home is now in foreclosure and we don't have much time. Please if anyone has a 3br, I would deeply appreciate it. My children currently attend the Hanover Area School District and would like to stay in it if possible. Please contact me. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 04:29 PM

276 posts, read 678,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddtrek View Post
We are a family of 5 with 1 cat seeking a rental apartment or home in the Hanover Twp.,PA area. Our home is now in foreclosure and we don't have much time. Please if anyone has a 3br, I would deeply appreciate it. My children currently attend the Hanover Area School District and would like to stay in it if possible. Please contact me. Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Have you contacted the bank about the foreclosure, or did you simply assume it was inevitable? What steps have you taken to avoid this situation? How much time were you provided with? Did you receive a notification, and if so what was the title of the document? Who is the lender?

Old 04-07-2009, 05:07 PM

106,695 posts, read 108,880,922 times
i think it may be tough getting someone to respond... first question in anyones mind who reads this is , if you couldnt pay your bills whos to say you can or will pay the rent...... dont get me wrong im not passing judgement ,im just saying i cant see people responding to your request in any number...

Old 04-07-2009, 05:12 PM

905 posts, read 2,401,520 times
I'd say look on Craigslist, or hit up the classifieds in one of the two papers.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:50 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Well perhaps I am a bit more charitable because that was NOT the first question on MY mind. Bad things do happen to good people. Banks can stop accepting payments at a certain point and since bank deregulation each bank is different.I think the poster would know if he or she had an FHA mortgage in which case they could probably put two or three months on the back of their loan.
My guess is that he has exhausted all of his resources in terms of his existing mortgage. If he hasn't yet done that he could file for banrkruptcy which could for stall the sale date up to 6 months. Maybe more.Sometimes however the homeowner does not have the money to file for bankruptcy or does not know how to do it themselves.
If you have not exhausted those options I would broaden my search. NEPA has a low cost of living but it is hardly the lowest out there. I would be really open minded about where you look for a new home. Just keep your family together. Including your cat! Animals can be so helpful in times of stress.
If you have exhausted all of the above ideas - going bankrupt or working with your mortgage holder and you have a sale date I would put all of your money away.
We should all keep this poster in our thoughts and prayers - send positive energy and try to refrain from judgment. You never know who is being helped by extended family in times of need. I know a friend of one of my children is in that situation because of a job loss and health problems. They were fortunate enough to have healthy and wealthy parents who sold their condo in FLA and moved back to NY to bail them out. Not everyone is so fortunate.
I really wish you the best of luck, ddtrek. Let us know how things go.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:30 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,797 times
Try this link from the government, maybe you can get funding from the stimulus plan.

Guide to Avoiding Foreclosure - HUD

Old 04-09-2009, 02:53 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Well perhaps I am a bit more charitable because that was NOT the first question on MY mind. Bad things do happen to good people. Banks can stop accepting payments at a certain point and since bank deregulation each bank is different.I think the poster would know if he or she had an FHA mortgage in which case they could probably put two or three months on the back of their loan.
My guess is that he has exhausted all of his resources in terms of his existing mortgage. If he hasn't yet done that he could file for banrkruptcy which could for stall the sale date up to 6 months. Maybe more.Sometimes however the homeowner does not have the money to file for bankruptcy or does not know how to do it themselves.
If you have not exhausted those options I would broaden my search. NEPA has a low cost of living but it is hardly the lowest out there. I would be really open minded about where you look for a new home. Just keep your family together. Including your cat! Animals can be so helpful in times of stress.
If you have exhausted all of the above ideas - going bankrupt or working with your mortgage holder and you have a sale date I would put all of your money away.
We should all keep this poster in our thoughts and prayers - send positive energy and try to refrain from judgment. You never know who is being helped by extended family in times of need. I know a friend of one of my children is in that situation because of a job loss and health problems. They were fortunate enough to have healthy and wealthy parents who sold their condo in FLA and moved back to NY to bail them out. Not everyone is so fortunate.
I really wish you the best of luck, ddtrek. Let us know how things go.

I wish I could of said it so beautifully!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 02:58 PM

936 posts, read 2,398,348 times
Making Home Affordable - Home

Here is the website President Obama announced on TV this morning. It can actually help most people reduce their mortgage but it can help people in foreclosure.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:44 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,491,384 times
Thanks Roxxy! I really do feel for these people. Its a sad situation anyway you look at it.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:43 PM

202 posts, read 568,220 times
Default It could happen to anyone

How do you know the did not have medical bills that got them into this situation - maybe he lost his job, Please check the papers for a rental property there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will make it if you all stick together and support one another. What matters now is the children and their need for you guys to be brave and show them that you are a family ... I am sorry for you all but you will come thru this - perhaps take a second job or the kids can get a part time job...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania