Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:04 AM

19 posts, read 61,963 times

Advertisements

How many acres are you looking for? I work in the real estate development industry in Carbon County. I am aware of many large parcels being sold (15-20 acres) for approx $8K - $12K per acre. Many of these parcels back up onto the Lehigh River. Some of these are near Bear Creek on a small road leading to Thornhurst...very secluded. The land acreage is large and all the adjoing parcels are similair in size and the area is very remote. Also, usually there are adjoining parcels for sale, so if 15 acres isn't enough....perhaps buying 3 and having 45 acres will be your size. Let me know, perhaps I can help, or at the very least put you in touch with people who can help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 11:03 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,119,535 times
What about the area around Blue Mtn? I only know it by seeing it from the car driving between Albrightsville and the ski hill. But I do see a lot of different types of properties and trailers. There are also a lot of farms so it's pretty rural.

Lehighton is exactly what you DON'T want. I don't even like driving around there.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 PM

8 posts, read 14,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tful1 View Post
How many acres are you looking for? I work in the real estate development industry in Carbon County. I am aware of many large parcels being sold (15-20 acres) for approx $8K - $12K per acre. Many of these parcels back up onto the Lehigh River. Some of these are near Bear Creek on a small road leading to Thornhurst...very secluded. The land acreage is large and all the adjoing parcels are similair in size and the area is very remote. Also, usually there are adjoining parcels for sale, so if 15 acres isn't enough....perhaps buying 3 and having 45 acres will be your size. Let me know, perhaps I can help, or at the very least put you in touch with people who can help.
Can I please get your contact info so I can call or email you directly?

Old 03-03-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
What about the area around Blue Mtn? I only know it by seeing it from the car driving between Albrightsville and the ski hill. But I do see a lot of different types of properties and trailers. There are also a lot of farms so it's pretty rural.

Lehighton is exactly what you DON'T want. I don't even like driving around there.
what county is blue mountain in?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 PM

513 posts, read 1,080,314 times
Blue Mountain is in Carbon County, very close to the Mahoning Valley exit (#74) of the northeast extension of the PA turnpike (I-476).
You can send a private message to anyone here by clicking on thier name, then selct "send private message".

Old 03-03-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE_NePA View Post
Blue Mountain is in Carbon County, very close to the Mahoning Valley exit (#74) of the northeast extension of the PA turnpike (I-476).
You can send a private message to anyone here by clicking on thier name, then selct "send private message".

thank you for this. Much appreciation!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:27 AM

19 posts, read 61,963 times
13yr, I sent you a PM.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:35 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Oh MY you must be joking..........When I am on the back road leading into Beltzville Lake, my heart skips a beat........
The area is a joy, and the lake........down those finger coves......for fishing and hiking along with swimming. Awesome.......
( I'm sure there are some bad areas, as we find in all places.....)

Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,377 times
Default Outhouse?

My first post, too. Your plan for a log cabin sounds lovely, but I think you need to do some more research. In todays climate of DEP, I doubt that any municipality would allow an outhouse. As for digging your own well, my well is 500 feet deep - and it took a huge machine to drill through the rock! I also live in a log home. There is much more to building a log home than simply stacking logs. Have you done thorough research on this? I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I think it's great that you are pursuing your dream, just be cautious and do your research. Why don't you want to use a realtor to help you find land? It doesn't cost you anything, they have access to lots of information including foreclosures.

Also, my daughter lives in Lehighton. I'm not sure why the other poster would make negative comments. It's a lovely area.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM

513 posts, read 1,080,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoconoPrincess View Post
My first post, too. Your plan for a log cabin sounds lovely, but I think you need to do some more research. In todays climate of DEP, I doubt that any municipality would allow an outhouse. As for digging your own well, my well is 500 feet deep - and it took a huge machine to drill through the rock! I also live in a log home. There is much more to building a log home than simply stacking logs. Have you done thorough research on this? I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I think it's great that you are pursuing your dream, just be cautious and do your research. Why don't you want to use a realtor to help you find land? It doesn't cost you anything, they have access to lots of information including foreclosures.

Also, my daughter lives in Lehighton. I'm not sure why the other poster would make negative comments. It's a lovely area.
A realtor does cost you money. They charge the seller, which means that the seller has to account for that commission in the sales price. Now, does a realtor provide a service? Yes. Is the service worth it, if you can do things on your own, and say to the seller, I am offering you less because you will not be paying a sales commission? That is a question for every buyer, in every transaction. I wil lsay that in the legal trade, there is a saying "One who represents themself has a fool for a lawyer". And in thta case, you are talking about a lawyer acting as a lawyer, not a layman acting as a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania