Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,071,921 times

Advertisements

At the corner of Rt 209 and Weir Lake Rd where Spanky's Gentlemen's (term used loosely) Club is located, across the road from Weis market...a structure has been going up that had me curious. Find out today it's a Dunkin Donuts.

Can't wait to put on a few more pounds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 12:54 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,745,416 times
Excellent coffee and boston creme doughnuts!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:11 PM

32,602 posts, read 77,235,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Excellent boston creme doughnuts!
Thanks for the tip! I'm a fan of the chocolate angel donuts at the Donut Connection, but I'm a bigger Boston Creme connoisseur! I'll have to try one out!

Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 PM

77 posts, read 190,233 times
To bad it's not a Krispy Kreme. Better doughnuts and better coffee. (DD coffee is not that great imo)

Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,569,580 times
Oh MY Oh............I just announced today to friends that I was so happy that we had no doughnut places in my town.......LOL I do love, love, their coffee......It is my favorite.
Ok then well I'll just close my eyes tight when I pass by......
BTW is Mike's building his pizza establishment as yet, PoconoProud? Mr S asked me, to ask you, today
( I don't like Krispy Kreme, all too sweetly topped......too sweet!)

Old 03-13-2009, 08:07 PM

Hi Summering!... No..Mike hasn't begun building yet...I haven't heard what's up with that.

I miss Jamesway/Ames...I liked having a department store here in Brodheadsville...but ok...a dunkin donuts will have to do...at least it's new business.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:08 AM

1,929 posts, read 3,111,970 times
Sorry to disagree with you diehard Drunkin Donut fans but their coffee is just too over rated!! I get coffee in the mail from a company in Florida called BocaJava and their Surfin' Safari blend is the best. It's mixed with Kahlua and tastes just great in the mornings.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:14 AM

2,473 posts, read 5,426,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Sorry to disagree with you diehard Drunkin Donut fans but their coffee is just too over rated!! I get coffee in the mail from a company in Florida called BocaJava and their Surfin' Safari blend is the best. It's mixed with Kahlua and tastes just great in the mornings.
They're located just south of us in Deerfield Beach & yes, they've got real good coffee!!

I used to LOVE Dunkin' Donut's coffee, but starting about 5-6 years ago, I noticed a big difference in it (and NOT for the better...). I can't even stomach it any more!! (I don't know if it's their blend or my body that "changed"...).

We stick to the old-fashioned "8 O'Clock" red brand. I remember going to the A&P when I was a kid & grinding it at the end of the checkout line....obviously it's been around quite a while....

If we want a "special" coffee, there's a guy on the island here that roasts & grinds his own beans & has a KILLER Blue Mountain made with beans he gets from family in Jamaica!!!

I've got a coffee tree growing in the jungle, but it only bears enough beans for about 1 pot!!!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:29 AM

My favorite coffee comes from this little shack in a parking lot in Brodheadsville, I believe it's called Nibor's.. They also give out little free samples of their other drinks, like teas or espresso. They also give you a chocolate covered coffee bean..yum.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:32 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,569,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
Hi Summering!... No..Mike hasn't begun building yet...I haven't heard what's up with that.

I miss Jamesway/Ames...I liked having a department store here in Brodheadsville...but ok...a dunkin donuts will have to do...at least it's new business.
Oh gosh...........I'll be home soon to no pizza. So where are YOU going now for pizza by us. I'm just not liking any but Mikes.......and I guess I will have a long wait.

I so wish we had a department store too in Brodheads........Anything at this point. We need some place to go for odds and ends. YES, I would take Walmart. I even wrote and asked them to come.....LOLOL

Coffee.........for the coffee lovers. Well I just had some German coffee perked that was wonderful at a friends. But, yep.........I want to go buy the Dunkin coffee. I must say that daily we have Maxwell house "instant"...yep. We don't really like perked. But, give me the Dunkin perked and I am thrilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania