U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 PM

513 posts, read 977,133 times

Advertisements

Helping out a friend, I'm looking for the good, the bad, and the ugly about this community near Gouldsboro. Thanks in advance
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 PM

2,362 posts, read 4,627,161 times
Its a trailer park with summer cabins Aint it ? Its on 507 ...

Old 03-19-2009, 12:19 PM

307 posts, read 689,586 times
Here I found this:
This beautiful Pocono Community is situated around secluded Crystal Lake, the headwaters of the Lehigh River, in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, Pocono Springs Estates is without question among the most peaceful woodland communities in Pennsylvania. Comprised of 4,300 properties on roughly 2,000 acres, it contains a mixture of primary and secondary homes and open lots.

Originally settled in the early 1920's as a cottage community of approximately 100 lots of Pocono Peak Preserve, Pocono Springs Civic Association was built in the early 1970's as a leisure community by Pocono Springs Estates, Inc. The location is one of the highest points (2,100 feet above sea level) in the Pocono Plateau, and takes in portions of Dreher, Lehigh, and Sterling townships.

An easy commute to the New York, New Jersey, and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and easy access to Scranton and Wilkes-Barre makes Pocono Springs the perfect location for either a year-round residence or weekend vacation getaway.

Bordered by State Gamelands, Pocono Springs is a haven for wildlife, including deer, wild turkey, bald eagles, and red tail hawks. The amenities of our gated community include our own 133 acre Crystal Lake, stocked annually, the recreation island, featuring a heated swimming pool, basketball, handball, tennis, and bocce courts, 24 hour security patrols on our 56 miles of internal roads, 2 gated entrances/exits, and several green wildlife refuge areas.

The community is serviced by the North Pocono, Wallenpaupack, and Western Wayne School Districts. It's also just a short drive from the University of Scranton, Marywood College, Wilkes University and Penn State.

They have a pool and playground. It is a pretty nice gated community. It is not a trailor park though, nor is it on 507.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpa View Post
Here I found this:
This beautiful Pocono Community is situated around secluded Crystal Lake, the headwaters of the Lehigh River, in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, Pocono Springs Estates is without question among the most peaceful woodland communities in Pennsylvania. Comprised of 4,300 properties on roughly 2,000 acres, it contains a mixture of primary and secondary homes and open lots.

Originally settled in the early 1920's as a cottage community of approximately 100 lots of Pocono Peak Preserve, Pocono Springs Civic Association was built in the early 1970's as a leisure community by Pocono Springs Estates, Inc. The location is one of the highest points (2,100 feet above sea level) in the Pocono Plateau, and takes in portions of Dreher, Lehigh, and Sterling townships.

An easy commute to the New York, New Jersey, and Philadelphia metropolitan areas, and easy access to Scranton and Wilkes-Barre makes Pocono Springs the perfect location for either a year-round residence or weekend vacation getaway.

Bordered by State Gamelands, Pocono Springs is a haven for wildlife, including deer, wild turkey, bald eagles, and red tail hawks. The amenities of our gated community include our own 133 acre Crystal Lake, stocked annually, the recreation island, featuring a heated swimming pool, basketball, handball, tennis, and bocce courts, 24 hour security patrols on our 56 miles of internal roads, 2 gated entrances/exits, and several green wildlife refuge areas.

The community is serviced by the North Pocono, Wallenpaupack, and Western Wayne School Districts. It's also just a short drive from the University of Scranton, Marywood College, Wilkes University and Penn State.

They have a pool and playground. It is a pretty nice gated community. It is not a trailor park though, nor is it on 507.
Thanks KinPA. He's visited the community, seen the website, etc. I should have specified, I'm looking for commentary from individuals.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM

307 posts, read 689,586 times
My stepson lives there and several friends of mine, they all love the development. On friend is a little bit older and she feels the roads could be better kept in the winter. I have been in the development many times and it seems like a quiet, friendly neighborhood.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:29 AM

149 posts, read 558,375 times
Winter maintainence in any community within the Poconos is an issue, and always has been. Usually working with limited staff at a modest salary & average equipment. Don't let this be an issue with regards to a decision, because it is likely the same anywhere else you look. Good luck in your search!!

Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Thanks, Kin PA
RCB - agreed. I have a place at Towamensing Trails, and the lament of the older folks is the same, but with limited traffic to work ice melters into what's left behind after the plow, it just freezes. Nothing you can do about it.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:36 PM

12,278 posts, read 28,644,908 times
It's a very nice developement. I used to live about a mile outside of there. I used to have friends there and hang out there. It's a gated community with nice homes. They have several amenities such as a pool, basketball courts, tennis courts, lake, fishing and more. The only thing I wouldn't like about it is that it is far from everything, but I'd definately wouldn't mind a vacation home in there.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:13 AM

Thanks, beckycat.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:00 PM

80 posts, read 285,296 times
You asked for the ugly and so am I. Is Pocono Springs Estates part of the I-80 corridor that's subject to gang crime? I'm considering a property there and while familiar with Dingmans Ferry, Milford and Hemlock Farms (where the snow plowing is superb!) I've been advised to stay out of the Pocono Mountain Lake Estates sections 1-4 (Bushkill, as opposed to that community's phase 567 in Dingmans Ferry) and I'm wondering if I should avoid Gouldsboro for the same reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania